I returned by bricked Wii U to Best Buy and got my money back...

#1EmeralDragon23Posted 12/26/2012 5:27:36 PM(edited)
I feel like a scumbag tbh but everyone told me to do it and I wasn't particularly opposed to the idea

I just told them it was defective out of the box. Lady wrote down what was wrong with it, radio'd some guy and told him I was returning a defective Wii U because they had none to exchange it with and she scanned the debit card and sent me on my way, saying the money will arrive back to my account in 2-3 business day

I might be paranoid but the long return for my money (never returned at Best Buy but it seems like an awful long time), the fact she radio'd some guy and wrote down what was wrong with it makes me feel like they'll test it out, see it's bricked, and refuse to give me my money back.

Which is fine or whatever, but it'll suck if they refuse to return the bricked Wii U as well <_<

cuz I bought another Wii U >_>
---
El Psy Congroo
Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts 3D, The Last Story, Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice For All
#2Beatperson14Posted 12/26/2012 5:28:15 PM
They can't do that. However I don't believe you entirely. They had no others? Really? Where do you live? The Arctic tundra?
#3EmeralDragon23(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 5:30:29 PM
They can't do that. However I don't believe you entirely. They had no others? Really? Where do you live? The Arctic tundra?

No Deluxe Sets

they had the regular set...like 6 of them

they told me the best buy half an hour away had 30 though
---
El Psy Congroo
Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts 3D, The Last Story, Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice For All
#4jungfreudPosted 12/26/2012 5:33:41 PM
So essentially, you returned a broken item to the store while it was still in the warranty period and received your money back? What is the point of this thread?
#5bisonyesyesPosted 12/26/2012 5:56:57 PM
How do you ride a Wii U? You said you returned by bricked Wii U.
---
YES! YES!
http://youtu.be/P3ALwKeSEYs
#6Zato InfinitePosted 12/26/2012 5:57:50 PM
Whenever I pay for something by debit card and return the item to Best Buy I'm always given back my money in the form of cash. As a matter of fact, this always happens anytime I return something to a retailer whenever I pay for the item by debit card or cash.
#7EmeralDragon23(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 5:58:05 PM
How do you ride a Wii U? You said you returned by bricked Wii U.

I hydroplaned on tears of Sony and Microsoft fans
---
El Psy Congroo
#8EmeralDragon23(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 5:58:41 PM
Whenever I pay for something by debit card and return the item to Best Buy I'm always given back my money in the form of cash. As a matter of fact, this always happens anytime I return something to a retailer whenever I pay for the item by debit card or cash.

yeah, I thought it was odd too.

but I have the return receipt
---
El Psy Congroo
#9SteamedRicePosted 12/26/2012 6:11:43 PM
You're fine. Purchases over like $200 debit is credited back rather than handled in cash.
#10lgiPosted 12/26/2012 6:13:02 PM
You can always pick one up a few months down the road when things get sorted out.