Compare the New Super Mario Bros games to the NES ones.

#1KroganBallEaterPosted 12/27/2012 2:09:44 AM
NES:
1985:
Super Mario Brothers
completely original idea that changed gaming forever.

Super Mario 2 (JP)
a map pack with a unpower-up. So similar it wasn't released in the US

Super Mario 2 (US)
A completely original game for America but was a reskin of a Japanese game called Doki Doki Panic. Original none the less.

Super Mario 3:
Same basic gameplay of the original Super Mario, but completely different (and better) graphics, A LOT more powerups, new stages, new kinds of stages, new everything.

NSMB series:
New Super Mario Brothers DS:
Original Super Mario Bros gameplay with brand new graphics, pretty original and different for this generation.

New Super Mario Brothers Wii:
Prettier than New Super Mario brothers DS, new bosses, pretty much a map pack otherwise. 2 new powerups

New Super Mario Brothers 2:
Pretty much a map pack. Recycled music, recycled bosses, and new powerups that will never be seen in another Mario game.

New Super Mario Brothers U:
The best of the bunch, still pretty much a prettied up map pack though. has recycled music and boss fights once again, oool new powerup. Only 2 original worlds, otherwise it's more of the same.
It's the best game out of the four but it's still lazy.

Not trying to hate but Nintendo has went a long way since not releasing Mario 2 JP for being too similar.
#2justsumdude899Posted 12/27/2012 2:11:51 AM
You're a map pack.
---
Playing: Halo 4, Need for Speed: Most Wanted (360), The Walking Dead (PS3)
#3Bancario51Posted 12/27/2012 2:13:49 AM
no because the answer is obvious
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
Awesome Fighting games: TTT2, P4A and Aquapazza...
#4AhnoldDoodPosted 12/27/2012 2:18:41 AM
The NSMB series, NSMBW and NSMBU in particular, is better than the NES installments.

Your comments about NSMBW and NSMBU are pretty biased in lieu of what you say about SMB2US.
#5AhnoldDoodPosted 12/27/2012 2:22:22 AM
Hell, actually, let me poke a few more holes in TC's post.

A completely original game for America but was a reskin of a Japanese game called Doki Doki Panic. Original none the less.

So its not lazy to reskin a game, but it is lazy for NSMBU to be basically the SMW of the NSMB series?

Same basic gameplay of the original Super Mario, but completely different (and better) graphics, A LOT more powerups, new stages, new kinds of stages, new everything.

No, really. Color me shocked.

The best of the bunch, still pretty much a prettied up map pack though. has recycled music and boss fights once again, oool new powerup. Only 2 original worlds, otherwise it's more of the same.

1) You have to be deaf and blind to not hear and see the new music and boss fights in NSMBU.

2) I don't even know what that means.
#6TalentedMPosted 12/27/2012 2:25:37 AM
Yes, lets all do unnecessary things instead of enjoy the individual products for what they are!

Also ignoring SMW and SMW2 for the SNES is sacrilege to me. I can't take this post seriously without them
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#7KroganBallEater(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 12:12:44 PM
TalentedM posted...
Yes, lets all do unnecessary things instead of enjoy the individual products for what they are!

Also ignoring SMW and SMW2 for the SNES is sacrilege to me. I can't take this post seriously without them

is SMW on the NES? yeah, no it's not.
#8LinkSSJ6Posted 12/27/2012 12:14:35 PM
KroganBallEater posted...

Super Mario 2 (JP)

WRONG
It wasn't released in the US because it was considered too hard
---
Just when I thought you couldn't possibly become any dumber.
You go and do something like that.
#9KroganBallEater(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 12:15:43 PM
LinkSSJ6 posted...

Super Mario 2 (JP)

WRONG

And because it was too similar.
#10BuretsuPosted 12/27/2012 12:16:33 PM
LinkSSJ6 posted...

Super Mario 2 (JP)

WRONG

And because it was too similar.

[citation needed]
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit