I got a Wii U for Christmas, know nothing about it

#1Intanos VIPosted 12/27/2012 8:56:59 AM(edited)
I've always been a big Nintendo fan but haven't had much interest in console gaming for a while. I've had a quick go on Nintendo Land (only game i got with it) and the technology seems good but i can see myself getting bored with the games on there pretty quickly - not going to be the same fun as i had with Wii Sports anyway.

With Nintendo Land i can't really judge how good the graphics are, is the Wii U a big graphics update on the original Wii or not?

What's the best game out at the moment (what should my first purchase be)? ZombiU? And what's the multiplayer like on it, how does it work?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
---
Ameobi has been 3 times as effective as Bale at directly laying on goals this season. That is fact. No trolling, just pure fact. - number10
#2GloryChaosPosted 12/27/2012 9:12:24 AM
It depends on what games you like. If you love platformers, hit the eshop and pick up Mighty Switch Force, Trine 2, or New Super Mario Bros. ZombiU is more of a survival horror than an FPS, so if that's up your alley pick it up. For twin stick shoot em ups, there's Nano Assault Neo.

The wiiU supports 1080p but Nintendoland runs in 720p. It's a fine multiplayer game with some single player attractions.

Also, leave this board. It's horrible and is quite possibly the worst gaming board on this website.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#3EnVy_CaLiBeRPosted 12/27/2012 9:14:15 AM
GloryChaos posted...
It depends on what games you like. If you love platformers, hit the eshop and pick up Mighty Switch Force, Trine 2, or New Super Mario Bros. ZombiU is more of a survival horror than an FPS, so if that's up your alley pick it up. For twin stick shoot em ups, there's Nano Assault Neo.

The wiiU supports 1080p but Nintendoland runs in 720p. It's a fine multiplayer game with some single player attractions.

Also, leave this board. It's horrible and is quite possibly the worst gaming board on this website.

Golden advice. lol
---
Nintendo Network ID (Wii U): EnVy_CaLiBeR (PSN): EnVy_CaLIBeR (360 GT): EnVyXCaLIBeR
Now playing: Dishonored, AC3, Gears of War 3, H4, Black Ops II, Dark Souls
#4KAMMYqueenPosted 12/27/2012 9:16:19 AM
GloryChaos posted...

words of wisdom
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa for Super Smash Bros
U
#5Intanos VI(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 9:17:58 AM(edited)
lol, cheers.

In terms of the eShop, i had a quick look and was just wondering how it works. ZombiU is more expensive than it is in the shop and if i was to buy it do i actually get a copy of the game or does it just download it like the equivalent of the original Wii's VC?
---
Ameobi has been 3 times as effective as Bale at directly laying on goals this season. That is fact. No trolling, just pure fact. - number10
#6parkourboybryanPosted 12/27/2012 9:19:24 AM
Yeah TC, I'd take the second posters advice and leave. 25% of the users on this board are no life douches who haven't even played the console that have nothing better to do with their time than to make up stupid stories and try to force their opinions down the throats of the other users.
---
One of the proud people that still plays Mirror's Edge to this day.
Not changing my sig until DICE officially announces Mirror's Edge 2
#7parkourboybryanPosted 12/27/2012 9:24:21 AM
Intanos VI posted...
lol, cheers.

In terms of the eShop, i had a quick look and was just wondering how it works. ZombiU is more expensive than it is in the shop and if i was to buy it do i actually get a copy of the game or does it just download it like the equivalent of the original Wii's VC?

It's the equivalent of VC, you download the game, but the only thing you lose versus a physical copy is the ability to trade it in if you don't like it.
---
One of the proud people that still plays Mirror's Edge to this day.
Not changing my sig until DICE officially announces Mirror's Edge 2
#8GloryChaosPosted 12/27/2012 9:24:39 AM
Intanos VI posted...
lol, cheers.

More expensive? I thought they were supposed to be the exact same in price. You might want to obtain a phyiscak copy in that case (the only thing you miss out on are Club Nintendo coins and the 10% future discount if you got a deluxe wiiU). And getting it off the eshop just downloads it to your WiiU ala how the virtual console was.

One warning though. Right now, everything you download is tied to your console and not your account. If something happens to your WiiU and you send it to Nintendo, they'll recover everything for you. But you won't be able to log into your account on other WiiUs and you'll only be able to play your downloaded games on your own console.

This may change in the future, but we have no confirmation on that.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#9thundercat2600Posted 12/27/2012 9:24:41 AM
parkourboybryan posted...
Yeah TC, I'd take the second posters advice and leave. 25% of the users on this board are no life douches who haven't even played the console that have nothing better to do with their time than to make up stupid stories and try to force their opinions down the throats of the other users.

And another 50% of the users on this board are insecure Nintendo fanboys flooding this board with WiiUSurance threads and gleefully showering the trolls with attention.
#10Fyrus797Posted 12/27/2012 9:32:18 AM
seems one of them has shown up already.

TC, if you need any more information, its probably gonna be easier to do a google search than to go through the tidbits of information between trolling that will commence

I'd also recommend closing the thread if we did however answer your questions.
---
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. Voltaire