Name one flaw the Wii U has.

#21NeojianXPosted 12/27/2012 10:42:14 AM
The only one I can actually see (but I don't own one) is that the placement of the analog nubs on the Tablet seem off. They should be under the D-pad and buttons and not over them.

I'm not trolling, because what made me come to that conclusion was trying to imagine playing Xenoblade with that set-up using the WiiUTablet.

I'm a Pinball Wizard and even my crazy flipper fingers could not deal with that. : )
---
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )
#22bleedingelitePosted 12/27/2012 10:42:30 AM
kyomagi posted...
bleedingelite posted...
kyomagi posted...
no games
Shoddy ports
under powered
overpriced
gimicky

wait, that was more than one

No, we're not talking about the PS3. This is the Wii U board.

thats correct, we are not talking about the ps3, i was talking about the wii u.

derp

Oh, see I was confused. I had a PS3 slim for about 2 years, and I found it to be all of those things. The ports were just worse versions of xbox games, and I have an xbox so... Yeah, what the thing ended up being was an overpriced blu ray player, and I only have one blu ray movie, so basically the thing was a machine that I could use every so often to watch Planet Earth.
#23AkaimizuPosted 12/27/2012 10:48:34 AM(edited)
- No ability to message a bunch of people at once. Definitely needed and a nice idea. This is actually one place that Wii U messaging dropped the ball from previous Nintendo Efforts. Swap Note even had the ability to send a message across friends and is a great way of networking with people. Great for announcing the next great Wii U/3DS release that you want to bring to your friends' attention, or setting up a time for maybe a meetup for an online game.

- No voice chatting with friends nor in most online games, so far. Right now, it's only during the specific Wii chat app and maybe 1 or 2 games right now.

* Now this wouldn't be as much of an issue if they allowed us to even Text chat in those games. You know. Just give us the ability to bring up the keyboard at any time, type text, and have it appear on a text line for everybody playing with you. However, at this time, without the ability to do either unless you go into Miiverse (which takes time away from your game and you have to load it up) Text Chat is pretty much an impossibility. To a degree, this fallacy invaded a number of PS3 games, it is still a problem there, but not as exaggerated given that it still takes less time to bring up PS3's messaging system. This is made even worse by the issue of messages having only 1 recipient. You often play with parties, and there's no convenient way to send the group any messages?

- No alert for Messages. This is probably a bigger issue than the one above. You should always have the ability to set it up so that you can get alerted at the moment anybody sends a personal message to you. Right now, the only alert we have is a flashing blue light circle on the gamepad whenever a friend logs on. However, in order to be able to support a pseudo real-time conversation between friends (especially needed with the 100 character limit), we need to be able to catch what they are saying the moment they do; not when we decide to randomly go into Miiverse. It's a step above Swap Note, given that service people may not even see your message the same day you sent it, but it's also still just a step. Definitely a case of still learning the ins-and-outs of social communication capabilities.
---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vern Reid (http://houseofninja.com/tutorial.php)
#24kyomagiPosted 12/27/2012 10:47:24 AM
bleedingelite posted...
kyomagi posted...
bleedingelite posted...
kyomagi posted...
no games
Shoddy ports
under powered
overpriced
gimicky

derp

Oh, see I was confused. I had a PS3 slim for about 2 years, and I found it to be all of those things. The ports were just worse versions of xbox games, and I have an xbox so... Yeah, what the thing ended up being was an overpriced blu ray player, and I only have one blu ray movie, so basically the thing was a machine that I could use every so often to watch Planet Earth.

I actually own an xbox as well. I only really use my ps3 for exclusive JRPG's Plus, i use my ps3 as a media player with a "special" software. But hey, you can keep bashing the ps3 if you want, when in fact i was decribing the wii u faults
---
Magistarkyo - PSN; kyoakuma - 360
PSN Profile - http://psnprofiles.com/magistarkyo
#25thundercat2600Posted 12/27/2012 10:51:11 AM
bleedingelite posted...
kyomagi posted...
bleedingelite posted...
kyomagi posted...
no games
Shoddy ports
under powered
overpriced
gimicky

derp

The NDF's favorite tactic: change the subject to Sony as quickly as possible whenever someone has a letigimate complaint about Nintendo.
#26itis41269Posted 12/27/2012 10:52:05 AM
The Wii U
---
"They all float down here"
#27Sailor GoonPosted 12/27/2012 10:54:57 AM
-shoddy CPU
-poor controller battery
-mostly ports and shovelware at launch
-poor online infrastructure
-broken firmware
---
As told to me by Gamefaqs admin: They hire 17 year olds as moderators!
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#28BroadwayGPU(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 10:55:39 AM
Please don't feed the troll!
---
#BroadwayGPUTopic
#29NeojianXPosted 12/27/2012 11:23:34 AM(edited)
At least Nintendo would not snatch out the Wii BC with an Update Ultimatum, like Sony did. Just all the new ones would not have Wii BC. Like the Wii and the GCN BC.

The NA 60gb PS3 was the greatest Gaming system ever made. Too bad the Company destroyed it. Stuff like that should effect and entire Industry. It really has with me.

I had all the systems and handhelds also. I kicked Sony to the curb after that. I still play my PSP and on TV. I also kicked Microsoft to the curb. I'm not even interested in buying some new slimmer, more like THINNER model of the same gaming system in the same game gen. The Phat one usually is more sturdy, reliable and has more functions.

Now that I have posted that. They do like to do the Evil Anti-Gamer things that Sony does do. So they might snatch it out minus the Ultimatum. Just snatch it with an update.

Sad that a newly released game system needed an update right out of the box. I read here it was actually to remove link functions that Nintendo did not have ready yet.

I believe some did get Black screen with that happening. If they happened to have a power outage, due to a Blizzard this time of the year. Yeah, it could happen to all of them. But it should not happen to a brand newly released system you got for the holidays.

.... and everyone here with even an ounce of intelligence knows this.

Goes back to playing some Angry Birds. Nobody knows the trouble I have seen. Nobody knows my Troubles. Then I'll play some Zone of Enders and after that Killer Instinct! You're not the only with one Crunchyroll or Jellyroll or whatever.

So Crunchy will be working with the Vita, huh? Ha ha ha ha ha! Mwaaa ha ha ha ha. Nooooo, just noooooooo.

I could be this way because I had a Sega 32X and a Sega CD. Wow!

I liked the Dreamcast though.

: )
---
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )
#30ArtefPosted 12/27/2012 11:12:18 AM
lack of good games ( notice I said GOOD games)
---
The bush looked at me funny, so I blew it up, but sadly, I could only put 6 peices of c4 on it :( What? I dont have a problem * click kaaaaaaaaaboooooooooom*