Poll Time

#21Baha05(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 1:13:46 PM
Bump yet again
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz
#22kissdadookiePosted 12/28/2012 1:18:09 PM(edited)
Baha05 posted...
Bump yet again

I still feel that your "Own X" option doesn't give us a proper view on things. Why? Because in that option it can be a combination of Wii + PC which is essentially the same as asking do you own only Nintendo systems. PCs are pretty much like household appliances and really shouldn't even be counted. Who the heck DOESN'T own a PC? The fact that people are on GameFAQs kind of shows that they have a PC.
#23Baha05(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 1:23:48 PM
kissdadookie posted...
I still feel that your "Own X" option doesn't give us a proper view on things. Why? Because in that option it can be a combination of Wii + PC which is essentially the same as asking do you own only Nintendo systems. PCs are pretty much like household appliances and really shouldn't even be counted. Who the heck DOESN'T own a PC? The fact that people are on GameFAQs kind of shows that they have a PC.

Well except it's not, the Own X Number is meant to show that people do own more then 2 consoles/PC. I added PC (even though it doesn't fit the criteria of "Console" in this sense) because I acknowledge that people own PCs for gaming too. Which if they by chance own a Wii U and a PC then they have access to not only Nintendo, but other 3rd party franchises.

Besides there is already a "I only own Nintendo consoles, nothing more" option.
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz
#24kissdadookiePosted 12/28/2012 1:33:54 PM(edited)
Baha05 posted...
kissdadookie posted...

Well except it's not, the Own X Number is meant to show that people do own more then 2 consoles/PC. I added PC (even though it doesn't fit the criteria of "Console" in this sense) because I acknowledge that people own PCs for gaming too. Which if they by chance own a Wii U and a PC then they have access to not only Nintendo, but other 3rd party franchises.

Besides there is already a "I only own Nintendo consoles, nothing more" option.

Your logic is completely flawed here. Go back and read your initial post. It doesn't specify much of anything apart from "in the X option, any of the combination in parenthesis is ok." In other words, if the person just owned a Wii and PC, they get to vote for the X option. Go back and look at your first post.

Thus, even with you including the "I only own Nintendo consoles" option, if the person owns ONLY Nintendo consoles but also has a PC (which is like practically everyone), they get to pick the X option.

So no, your Own X Number option actually DOESN'T show people have more than 2 with at least one of them being none Nintendo (not counting PC). Go and reread your poll post. I'm sure that when you created it, you had the proper intentions, but the way it's presented and worded, it's the opposite of what you intended.
#25Baha05(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 1:40:37 PM
kissdadookie posted...
Your logic is completely flawed here. Go back and read your initial post. It doesn't specify much of anything apart from "in the X option, any of the combination in parenthesis is ok." In other words, if the person just owned a Wii and PC, they get to vote for the X option. Go back and look at your first post.

Thus, even with you including the "I only own Nintendo consoles" option, if the person owns ONLY Nintendo consoles but also has a PC (which is like practically everyone), they get to pick the X option.

So no, your Own X Number option actually DOESN'T show people have more than 2 with at least one of them being none Nintendo (not counting PC). Go and reread your poll post. I'm sure that when you created it, you had the proper intentions, but the way it's presented and worded, it's the opposite of what you intended.

Except again it's really not, also read the poll it's specifically for Wii U Owners. The X Option addresses gaming on a Console/PC level. You can own just a simple PC and not use it to game. So if someone owns a Wii and a PC they use to play Video games on the option isn't flawed.

Because that's the thing about PCs, they have a gaming community, hence why they were added because of the gaming aspects of a PC. If people don't use a PC for gaming it doesn't negate the option as there are still OTHER systems for that option as well. And it's not the kind of option that is just owning two systems.

Hell the poll doesn't even cover all consoles, just the more recent ones.
---
#26ZvolTxPosted 12/28/2012 1:42:06 PM
I've had Wii/PS2/PS3/PC... Waiting on WiiU until the firmware is a bit more stable.
---
Ahh, another fine day of trolling. http://i50.tinypic.com/344dpwn.jpg
"this game will be I survive" - MageGuyInfinity
#27kissdadookiePosted 12/28/2012 1:46:34 PM
Baha05 posted...
kissdadookie posted...

Except again it's really not, also read the poll it's specifically for Wii U Owners. The X Option addresses gaming on a Console/PC level. You can own just a simple PC and not use it to game. So if someone owns a Wii and a PC they use to play Video games on the option isn't flawed.

Because that's the thing about PCs, they have a gaming community, hence why they were added because of the gaming aspects of a PC. If people don't use a PC for gaming it doesn't negate the option as there are still OTHER systems for that option as well. And it's not the kind of option that is just owning two systems.

Hell the poll doesn't even cover all consoles, just the more recent ones.

Again, you keep ASSUMING that people will vote the way you intend for them to vote BUT your wording on your post does not lead them to do so.

I mean, right now you're just explaining to me what your intentions were, that is fine, but your actual poll, the way you've worded it, it doesn't not lead people to do as you have intended. Simple as that. You also don't ask that PC's should only be counted if it is used to play current gen games. Your poll wording is just really bad.

Again, go and reread your initial post. IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM have you specified that the PC option should only be used if it is used regularly to play current gen games (games from the last 5 years). You are basically just assuming people could read your mind and answer the poll the way you intended them to.
#28NiftyManZPosted 12/28/2012 1:47:00 PM
All but ps3. Wanted one, but never got arround to purchasing it.
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#29Baha05(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 1:52:03 PM(edited)
kissdadookie posted...
Again, you keep ASSUMING that people will vote the way you intend for them to vote BUT your wording on your post does not lead them to do so.

I mean, right now you're just explaining to me what your intentions were, that is fine, but your actual poll, the way you've worded it, it doesn't not lead people to do as you have intended. Simple as that. You also don't ask that PC's should only be counted if it is used to play current gen games. Your poll wording is just really bad.

Again, go and reread your initial post. IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM have you specified that the PC option should only be used if it is used regularly to play current gen games (games from the last 5 years). You are basically just assuming people could read your mind and answer the poll the way you intended them to.

Ok I think you are getting a little too much into something that isn't there at all. If people don't understand the poll then there is a bigger issue at hand and I will breaking it down in the OP.

But as of right not the Own X is for those that own more the just the Wii U and another Console or Gaming PC. And the Last Option is for those that only game on Nintendo consoles and nothing else. Hell it really sounds like you are trying to nit pick the point of the topic when the wording isn't even the problem.

But let's redue the poll because I sort of accidently ended the damn thing when I meant to edit the OP, damn gamefaqs.
---