Can you expand the memory at all?

#1EmoglobinPosted 12/27/2012 6:15:34 PM
I got a great deal on an 8 gig system, but I'm just wondering if there's anyway I can expand the memory, as I love to download games.
---
"There's no point having the biggest and most explosive gun operated by someone who can only use a slingshot. That's what the Vita is"
#2FFXIgaiaknightPosted 12/27/2012 6:17:14 PM
yes the wiiu supports external hdd up to 2TB nintendo recommends you use hdd with there own power source though for the best performance.
---
Currently Playing: Nintendo Land (Wii U)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#3DarkMarc009Posted 12/27/2012 6:17:32 PM
External hard-drive.
#4stekim40Posted 12/27/2012 6:27:35 PM
TC, I'm not having a go at you but please PLEASE learn the difference between memory ( ram) and HD/flash storage space.

Thanks
---
Playing: Xcom:EU, PC Minecraft, Skyrim , F1 2012
Waiting for: ELITE 4 (still), GTA V, Pikmin 3, Dragon Age 3
#5meiyukiPosted 12/27/2012 6:29:53 PM
stekim40 posted...
TC, I'm not having a go at you but please PLEASE learn the difference between memory ( ram) and HD/flash storage space.

Thanks

Even though "memory" is commonly used to refer to ram and not hard drives, they are still technically memory. Besides they even make hard drives now that use the same methods of storing data as ram.
#6LegendaryHeroRebornPosted 12/27/2012 6:41:45 PM
So can I use my 16GB memory card to download e-Shop games and dlc? Do I have to format my external hard drive to save Wii U save files? I have other computer files in it so I don't wanna do that like for Xbox 360.
---
Wii U NNID: LegendaryHeroR. 3DS FC: 0731-5087-7070.
Xbox Live & PSN: EliteGamerRyan.
#7slickvic1990Posted 12/27/2012 6:50:55 PM
LegendaryHeroReborn posted...
So can I use my 16GB memory card to download e-Shop games and dlc? Do I have to format my external hard drive to save Wii U save files? I have other computer files in it so I don't wanna do that like for Xbox 360.

as far as 16 GB memory card, I assume you mean an SD card. yes, you can use it to download e-shop games and DLC, but ONLY if you have USB adapter. if you use the SD card by itself, i believe its only good for Wii stuff.

As far as an external is concerned, you need one dedicated to Wii U usage. The Wii U automatically formats it once you connect it, and once it does that, it won't work on a computer anymore.
---
I enjoyed RE6, and both FF13 games. I think Skyward Sword is the second best Zelda after Majora's Mask. I have no desire to play Skyrim. I actually like COD.
#8LegendaryHeroRebornPosted 12/28/2012 6:19:07 AM
as far as 16 GB memory card, I assume you mean an SD card. yes, you can use it to download e-shop games and DLC, but ONLY if you have USB adapter. if you use the SD card by itself, i believe its only good for Wii stuff.

What is a USB adapter? A USB flash drive? So that means my 16 GB SD card is useless since I wanted to use it for Wii U stuff.
---
Wii U NNID: LegendaryHeroR. 3DS FC: 0731-5087-7070.
Xbox Live & PSN: EliteGamerRyan.