If Nintendo is so inferior, how come it's outselling the competition?

#131squatch22Posted 12/28/2012 10:27:39 AM
SuperShyGuy9000 posted...
HelIWithoutSin posted...
Sharky8 posted...
The Wii U is next generation. There's no debating this point. I am done having a discussion with you, because clearly you are an intellectual inferior.

This guy gets it. The Wii U is the ultimate next gen console that plays current gen games!

but for the fact that PS1 did that too with the various ports of 16 bit games.

Dreamcast got PS1 and N64 games.
360 got PS2 games.
---
LR posted: And the PSP isn't a Sony console so why would I make that claim?
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#132Sharky8(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 10:30:51 AM
hahahaha

Everybody is now off topic.

Point still remains: Nintendo has defeated the competition in the DS and Wii matchups, and they are winning the current matchups with the Wii U and 3DS.

Mario and video games are inseparable. Sorry Sony. Sorry Microsoft. Nobody likes you. Certainly not consumers who buy millions more Nintendo products.
#133AquaInfernoPosted 12/28/2012 10:32:45 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#134AlterEgo3561Posted 12/28/2012 10:34:31 AM
Whats a Wii U? that some sort of wii peripheral?
#135maximumbarmagePosted 12/28/2012 10:36:59 AM
Because Nintendo has an image as a toymaker that the others don't. The casuals and the ignorant will go Nintendo for kids gifts... or at least they DID before the 3DS and Wii U... but you need only look at how badly the vast majority of games sell on Nintendo consoles to see this. And the games that do sell? All Mario and Pokemon...

Once Nintendo has lost the casual audience (As we're now seeing happening) then we'll see how well they compete with no extenuating circumstances fudging hardware numbers in their favour.

Also, Wii U is selling like crap compared to PS3 and 360.
---
"Maybe it would be quicker to list the Wii U multiplatform titles that AREN'T vastly inferior ports..." - SimeonSays
#136HelIWithoutSinPosted 12/28/2012 10:43:25 AM
squatch22 posted...
HelIWithoutSin posted...
Sharky8 posted...
The Wii U is next generation. There's no debating this point. I am done having a discussion with you, because clearly you are an intellectual inferior.

This guy gets it. The Wii U is the ultimate next gen console that plays current gen games!

Dreamcast got PS1 and N64 games.
360 got PS2 games.

That is indeed a good point since past gen games were all the PS1, DC, and 360 were capable of delivering. That in no way describes the Wii U's offerings. Touché.
#137jairusmonillasPosted 12/28/2012 11:09:27 AM
HelIWithoutSin posted...
Sharky8 posted...

PS1 had the best library of games, original games, sequels, ports, PS1 had everything, something Nintendo can never have after SNES.
#138johnluke728Posted 12/28/2012 11:10:16 AM
Enigma149 posted...
Actually, REAL gamers buy whatever systems they enjoy.

/endtopic
---
http://shantaefanforums.tk/ <-- Huge fan of the Shantae games? Then you should check the first fan forum that's all about the belly-dancing half-genie!
#139ValedictorianXDPosted 12/28/2012 12:29:19 PM
AquaInferno posted...
Sharky8 posted...
Stealthlys posted...
>implying all pc elitists eat/drink soda/sugary drinks, or Cheetos/x game snack you prefer.

Much like other gamer's on gfaqs, I drink water while at the pc.

Then, please, a message to all PC gamers: DISPEL this myth by not being obese.
If you are a normal weight, we will stop assuming PC gamers are all obese because of all the sugary drinks and chips.

However, we know all PC gamers are obese, wear shirts with mythical creatures on them, have pony tails, do not have girlfriends, have orange-tipped fingers from their Cheetos, and have eroding teeth from all of the soda they drink.

I am married slim never saw a single lord if the rings I hate the troll bull sh***. I also play Diablo 3 on PC along with the new Hitman. I do have a nice Daniel Bryan shirt however. YES! YES! YES!
You make troll posts bad topic bad TC. End of story. (Before TC gets a pizzy I have a Wii U kthnxbye)

You play Diablo 3?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkpzR5vVA9k
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[ |||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#140JustinFFPosted 12/28/2012 12:41:11 PM
johnluke728 posted...
Enigma149 posted...
Actually, REAL gamers buy whatever systems they enjoy.

/endtopic

Seconded.

Seriously, how long has everyone been on these boards to get sucked in by the old "troll with hand grenade" - watch it shamble in, toss the console war topic onto a board and then sit back laughing at the carnage.

Gamers buy consoles because they have games on them that they want to play - wouldn't make sense to buy one otherwise. It shouldn't matter a damn to a gamer whether this company is outselling that company. The only thing that should matter is whether they have the system that has the games on it they like.

If Sony's PS4 has games on it that fit the genre I play, I'll buy it. If not, I won't. Same with the XBOX and the Wii-U. The specs, the packaging, the hype are all irrelevant - It's all about the games.