If Nintendo is so inferior, how come it's outselling the competition?

#41Sharky8(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 11:05:05 PM
HelIWithoutSin posted...
Number of Toyota Corrolas sold - 37.5 million
Number of combined Ferraris sold - 130,000

The numbers don't lie, Ferraris are inferior.

Why would you want a Ferrari with terrible gas mileage, poor seating options, astronomical insurance rates, and terrible maintenance records?

It sounds like Sony and Microsoft products: they use far more electricity than Nintendo products, they don't have good party games, their accessories cost too much, and they don't last long/and they have terrible warranty support.

I'll stick with my Nintendo and Toyota.
#42ZHDALKERPosted 12/27/2012 11:12:47 PM
Technically, Nintendo outsold Sony 3 times out of 5 (3DS, DS and Wii outsold Vita, PSP and PS3 respectively).
I like casual games and I am a hardcore gamer. Wii used to strike a very nice balance - it had casual, relaxing stuff like Wii Sports and serious titles like Last Story and No More Heroes.
I use my Xbox 360 to play games online as no other console can match it in that field, I use my Wii (U) to relax and play classic games and RPGs and I use my PS3 to watch Blu-Rays and play most of racing games and PSOne Classics.
Why cannot we live in peace in this board?
---
Yes! I am invincible!
#43SOLlD_SnAkEPosted 12/27/2012 11:13:12 PM
because they r cheaper
---
You pause for just one second in front of your enemy and it's all over! Good luck doesn't last forever!!! - (PSN ID: BaNd0LeR0_FL0W)
#44LordcrabfoodPosted 12/27/2012 11:18:25 PM
Nintendo have failed in my eyes and that is all that matters to me. What the sheep buy has no influence on me what so ever.
#45HelIWithoutSinPosted 12/27/2012 11:18:47 PM
Sharky8 posted...
HelIWithoutSin posted...
Number of Toyota Corrolas sold - 37.5 million
Number of combined Ferraris sold - 130,000

The numbers don't lie, Ferraris are inferior.

Why would you want a Ferrari with terrible gas mileage, poor seating options, astronomical insurance rates, and terrible maintenance records?

It sounds like Sony and Microsoft products: they use far more electricity than Nintendo products, they don't have good party games, their accessories cost too much, and they don't last long/and they have terrible warranty support.

I'll stick with my Nintendo and Toyota.

I absolutely agree. That's why I've done away with my Wii U and play with something even better. Hand-painted Wooden Ball-in-a-cup! It uses zero electricity, much less than any Nintendo product. It's the ultimate party game, a party always starts whenever I bring it out! It's also extremely durable, it's made of frickin wood! And it's only accessory is on a string and attached to the cup, so there's no worry of losing it. It's compact size makes it ideal for travel fun. And clean up is as easy as catching a ball in a cup.
#46drothegreat0nePosted 12/27/2012 11:19:48 PM
Lordcrabfood posted...
Nintendo have failed in my eyes and that is all that matters to me. What the sheep buy has no influence on me what so ever.

Would you not be considered a sheep once you buy something?
---
NNID - PeterTheGreat
Xbox Live - PeterTheGreat01
#47omescythePosted 12/27/2012 11:23:14 PM
when nintendos $600 console outsells everything then that be something. but untill nintendo stops being the cheapest then ofcoures its going to outsell because the less expensive something is the easyer it sells because more people can afford to buy it.
#48Devil_wings00Posted 12/27/2012 11:23:25 PM
Well The wii didn't do anything beside sell a lot of dust collectors. The wii has caused Nintendo to post it's first losses in decades. Big whoop, it sold a bunch of hardware because the hardware was cheap. It didn't help Nintendo make money in the long run and has been causing Nintendo some major issues the last couple years. You don't post 18 months straight losses, totaling over a billion dollars, if you are doing well. Before you start arguing with me about losses PLEASE just Google it or go to Nintendo's market watch page. Hardware sales don't mean much if no one is buying any games. Why do you think they were pushing third party support as a big selling feature of the wii u? Third party games bring in the money. I love Nintendo but I won't fanboy blind myself to the situation they are in at this moment. The Wii U needs to sell gang busters (people also need to actually buy games this time around as well) and the 3ds isn't even close to the DS in terms of sales yet. The big N can't keep reporting the losses they have been. They have a lot in the war chest but billion dollar losses aren't anything any company can sustain forever.
---
3570k @ 4.6, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, 2 Mushkin Chronos in raid0, 1TB WD black.
#49GreatTroySenseiPosted 12/27/2012 11:44:43 PM
Sharky8 posted...

The Wii U is outselling Sony and Microsoft because they haven't even released a new console.

A "new" console? Neither has Nintendo, lol. 2 Wiis duct-taped together and bluetoothed to an ipad 1 doesn't quite cut it.
---
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.
#50GrandfisharPosted 12/27/2012 11:45:01 PM
The reason why Nintendo is such a big competitor is because it targets children as it's main marketing demographic. When I was in school there wasn't a single kid that I knew, boy or girl that didn't have some form of nintendo portable console.

Whenever a person over the age of 28 says that they own a Wii, they are almost always asked "Do you have it because you have children?"

Basically my point is that the Wii is majorly a kid-friendly console. The fact that it sells well has nothing to do with the quality of the system.

It doesn't even have to do with the quality of the games it releases. Look at the winners of game of the year from E3 for example http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_of_the_Year#E3 *I am talking console-wise here.* Notice that there's only two nintendo related games, both of them Zelda games (I'm not bashing Zelda here I love that series.)

You'll also notice that almost every single one of the E3 game(s) of the year (past 2005 that is) didn't even come out for the Wii.

In other words, it's the target audience. Not the games or console itself. More family friendly games and other content comes out for the Wii and Nintendo than any other console. However, better games almost ALWAYS come out for other consoles than the Wii. And other consoles are marketed to adults.
---
Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it. -Confucius