If Nintendo is so inferior, how come it's outselling the competition?

#51Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/27/2012 10:49:39 PM(edited)
Nintendo's Wii is the only home console to beat the PS in sales, it took Nintendo 2 generations of being dumped on by Sony to actually do better in sales and that was cause of the fact Wii Sports and the console was less than half the cost of the PS3

Nintendo always wins at portables but home consoles, the Wii is the only thing they've had for over a decade that actually won a generation, other than the SNES and NES, but it wasn't like they had much competition other than niche consoles and Sega

INB4 Handhelds, if you wanna count handheld in a home console classification, since we're in a Wii U board, which is a home console, not a portable. We can, Apple wins, Apple sells more games, sells more iPads and Phones than Nintendo ever will sell of anything.
It happens to do other things, but so does the Wii U so should we discredit it as a video game platform?

---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#52Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/27/2012 10:53:00 PM
Sharky8 posted...
And, of course, the Nintendo DS is now the best selling video game system in the history of video game systems. It just surpassed the PS2.

So if Nintendo sucks so much, how come everything listed in the original post has defeated its competition?

Nintendo is good with handhelds, sucks at consoles.

Wii is the only thing they actually won with since Microsoft and Sony entered the market but the thing is, the generation isn't over for the PS3, Xbox 360.

;)
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#53panforisPosted 12/27/2012 11:02:42 PM
grandfisher said the most logical and well thought out thing i've heard about the console wars in a long time, they deserve a prize. Also the person above is right the PS3 and 360 are still kicking where as the wii is on the way out. Nintendo always brings their new consoles out just for this reason so that they can corner the next gen console market for a time and start selling units because when the competition comes out their sales will fall dramatically, its how its been for years now( why else would their new console come out months earlier than sony and microsofts and those 2 come out a month apart, they need that time to stay in competition with the other 2).
#54vishmarxPosted 12/27/2012 11:45:18 PM
toilet paper outsells all these combined ...........
cr*p remains cr*p no matter how much it sells
nintendo isnt mainstream....they used to be.....but they realised you can earn more profit by catering idiots
calling themselves a gameing company what was the last great new ip they made ......
all they do is rerelease a slightly different mario and zelda every once in a wile...
i dont hate these but its been a long since they to compelled me to buy a sytem....
this is where i just love sony its almost 2013 and i one still has a lot more reasons to buy a ps3/or rather keep one because of the amzing ps+ (full free games)and upcomin excusives like gow,last of us, beyond two souls...possibly last guardian versus and infamos 3 aswell
#55MTGxerxesPosted 12/27/2012 11:53:36 PM
I know I'm late to the DS-outselling-PS2 party, but...

As a former manager at Gamestop, there were PLENTY of kids who bought NUMEROUS DS's, and plenty of families that EACH kid had to have one. And then upgrade it, just to change the color or because they gunked theirs up too much. And then there are the people who had to buy 2 so they could trade Pokémon with themselves.

While certainly a few people had to buy multiple PS2s, and then there was a slim vs fat model remake, this no where near makes up for the amount of same-customer sales due to the handheld nature that a console would never get.

So congratulations to the DS for massing stupid numbers of sales, but its an inflated number that isn't truly reflecting the accurate picture.
---
Youtube: MTGXerxes. Pokemon DP, Mega Man 1-6, X, X4, Breath of Fire 1-2, Magic 2013, etc.
Gamertag: MtG Xerxes --- Gamestop Manager
#56FooFighters25Posted 12/28/2012 12:03:08 AM
MTGxerxes posted...
I know I'm late to the DS-outselling-PS2 party, but...

As a former manager at Gamestop, there were PLENTY of kids who bought NUMEROUS DS's, and plenty of families that EACH kid had to have one. And then upgrade it, just to change the color or because they gunked theirs up too much. And then there are the people who had to buy 2 so they could trade Pokémon with themselves.

While certainly a few people had to buy multiple PS2s, and then there was a slim vs fat model remake, this no where near makes up for the amount of same-customer sales due to the handheld nature that a console would never get.

So congratulations to the DS for massing stupid numbers of sales, but its an inflated number that isn't truly reflecting the accurate picture.

A sale is a sale, and a win is a win.
---
wP/RawkHawk
PSN - rokkenwithdokken
#57squatch22Posted 12/28/2012 12:06:14 AM
Power wasn't a problem to Sony fanboys when they had weak consoles...
---
LR posted: And the PSP isn't a Sony console so why would I make that claim?
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#58VeladusPosted 12/28/2012 12:07:44 AM
By this "logic", McDonalds is the best food on Earth.
#59Sailor GoonPosted 12/28/2012 12:12:47 AM
because sales do not equal quality

if that were the case, Apple would have the best products out there
---
As told to me by Gamefaqs admin: They hire 17 year olds as moderators!
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#60guoquanPosted 12/28/2012 12:13:32 AM
Veladus posted...
By this "logic", McDonalds is the best food on Earth.

xD