If Nintendo is so inferior, how come it's outselling the competition?

#71PannerPosted 12/28/2012 2:01:37 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Sharky8 posted...
And, of course, the Nintendo DS is now the best selling video game system in the history of video game systems. It just surpassed the PS2.

So if Nintendo sucks so much, how come everything listed in the original post has defeated its competition?

Nintendo is good with handhelds, sucks at consoles.

Wii is the only thing they actually won with since Microsoft and Sony entered the market but the thing is, the generation isn't over for the PS3, Xbox 360.

;)

Actually the generation of the 360, PS3 and the Wii is over.
A new generation started when the Wii U was released.

The Wii won last gen with more console sales.
---
I'm gonna shove it, and love it, and dance around above it
#72Chocobo115Posted 12/28/2012 2:05:59 AM
Name recognition, the lesser knowing masses has better ties with Nintendo compared to Playstation & Xbox.
Hence why they rush out to buy a Nintendo console with little to zero research what the market otherwise has to offer besides Nintendo consoles/handhelds.
#73CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 12/28/2012 2:19:59 AM
Grandfishar posted...
The reason why Nintendo is such a big competitor is because it targets children as it's main marketing demographic. When I was in school there wasn't a single kid that I knew, boy or girl that didn't have some form of nintendo portable console.

Whenever a person over the age of 28 says that they own a Wii, they are almost always asked "Do you have it because you have children?"

Basically my point is that the Wii is majorly a kid-friendly console. The fact that it sells well has nothing to do with the quality of the system.

It doesn't even have to do with the quality of the games it releases. Look at the winners of game of the year from E3 for example http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_of_the_Year#E3 *I am talking console-wise here.* Notice that there's only two nintendo related games, both of them Zelda games (I'm not bashing Zelda here I love that series.)

You'll also notice that almost every single one of the E3 game(s) of the year (past 2005 that is) didn't even come out for the Wii.

In other words, it's the target audience. Not the games or console itself. More family friendly games and other content comes out for the Wii and Nintendo than any other console. However, better games almost ALWAYS come out for other consoles than the Wii. And other consoles are marketed to adults.

What qualifies as a better game ALSO is dependant on the target audience.

For example, Almost every GOTY since 2005 has looked completely unappealing to me, Some to the point of being repulsive.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#74chestershadowPosted 12/28/2012 2:21:19 AM
emagdnE posted...
Number of Toyota Corrolas sold - 37.5 million
Number of combined Ferraris sold - 130,000

The numbers don't lie, Ferraris are inferior.

this is the best post I've seen on GameFAQs in a very long time

Agreed, and that takes a lot for me to agree with you on anything after all the trolling you do.
#75jigglyweigelPosted 12/28/2012 2:27:43 AM
Actually the 360 outsells everything every year; it even outsold the Wii U this holiday season.
#76BuretsuPosted 12/28/2012 2:32:52 AM
jigglyweigel posted...
Actually the 360 outsells everything every year; it even outsold the Wii U this holiday season.

ya cuz tha 360 like 200 bux cheeper lol why buy 350 buk wii u wen u can get xbox and some games for same price
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#77mjc0961Posted 12/28/2012 2:38:50 AM
Buretsu posted...
wii u same gen as ps3 and 360 so u gotta compare them so wii u is losing

Except it isn't so no.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#78jigglyweigelPosted 12/28/2012 2:53:25 AM
Nintendo inferior; Decepticons superior.
#79_LordAndSaviorPosted 12/28/2012 2:57:26 AM
Sales, should not and do not matter the amount of great games and capabilities of the system is what should matter.

The Wii was terrible, I own one myself yes I liked a few games on it but most of the games on it were terrible. Please do not make a huge list of mediocre games, I probably played them.
---
Will not change this sig, until Carlito is a World Champion! 7/10/11 (Unofficial Date: 6/11/05)
R.I.P Shauwk, Gone but Never Forgotten. You will be missed.
#80nintendogamer13Posted 12/28/2012 3:04:06 AM
Because delusional fanboys and stupid kids who love teh marios and don't give a crap about hardware love sucking that nintendo schlong. Take any mediocre game and they could slap mario on it and it will sell. Nintendo is not a company, its a CULT.