If Nintendo is so inferior, how come it's outselling the competition?

#81MidgardDragon99Posted 12/28/2012 3:07:05 AM
Nintendo does first party content fantastically well, but third party devs rarely do well with Nintendo's systems. Nintendo is not inferior, people just mistake their strong focus on their own games and them not trying to branch out into gorey shooters as them being "inferior". In reality when it comes to first party game development NIntendo is still the top of the class. But don't tell that to your average 14 year old that thinks Arkham Asylum is the epitome of artistic expression or gaming.
---
3DS FC: 4639-9048-2382, Wii FC: 4558-6862-5396-5206, PSN: MidgardDragon
DD Pawn: http://game.capcom.co.jp/DD/en/pawn_detail/?pf=PS3&gid=MidgardDragon
#82BuretsuPosted 12/28/2012 3:08:54 AM(edited)
nintendogamer13 posted...
Because delusional fanboys and stupid kids who love teh marios and don't give a crap about hardware love sucking that nintendo *******. Take any mediocre game and they could slap mario on it and it will sell. Nintendo is not a company, its a CULT.

wen a guy called nintendogamr13 sez somethin like dis u no its bad lol
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#83acdcman07Posted 12/28/2012 3:08:53 AM
Enigma149 posted...
Panner posted...
Linetrix posted...
So if Nintendo is so technologically inferior, how come they keep winning

Uhh, after Sony joined the gaming market, Nintendo "won" (sales-wise) only once.

Grandpas and soccermoms love Nintendo; that's why they buy it instead of Sony or Microsoft.

Fixed. Real gamers have either a PS3 or a 360. Or both.

Actually, REAL gamers have ALL the consoles and a gaming PC.

Actually, REAL gamers buy whatever systems they enjoy.

I'm going to have to agree with the guy you're quoting. Real gamers aren't whiny little kids that think their system is better than the others and that troll everyone else. Real gamers DO buy all the systems b/c they enjoy games no matter the console. I just got a ps3 and I have a wii and I have a 360 and I have a gaming pc. I'll be getting a wii-u soon enough(money's tight atm). You're just mad that you can't experience everything there is out there.
#84Pinoy441Posted 12/28/2012 3:21:32 AM
PS2 won the console war against Gamecube and Xbox

PS2 was infact the technologically inferior of the three

Wii outsold 360 and PS3

Wii is technologically inferior

Tech =/= Winning console wars, because if you really care that much about tech you get a gaming PC
---
*grabs popcorn*
#85GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 12/28/2012 4:29:38 AM(edited)
Sharky8 posted...
The Wii has outsold the PS3 and Xbox 360.
The DS has outsold the PSP.
The 3DS is outselling the Vita.
The Wii U is outselling Sony and Microsoft because they haven't even released a new console.

So if Nintendo is so technologically inferior, how come they keep winning? People love Nintendo; that's why they buy it instead of Sony or Microsoft.

Its mostly due to the fact that the planet has become an Idiocracy majority wise. Its the same reason why cawadoody sells the best and moronic devs are ruining every franchise under the sun to make every game a kinda clone of it.

People are idiots with no common sense and no taste, and have no idea how to be smart shoppers or responsible consumers.

Enjoy your new found knowledge!
---
Guardian Gamer X
"CE's verbal cruelty is only matched by an eight-armed robot beating multiple baby seals."-PursuitandTie
#86jairusmonillasPosted 12/28/2012 3:34:42 AM
The last time Nintendo was very relevant in the gaming world was during NES and SNES, Wii did outsold PS3 and 360 but it doesn't even have any decent games lol to be taken seriously.

Nintendo hasn't won in over 2 decades. Sony won with PS1 and PS2 and has PS3 tied with 360.
#87nintendogamer13Posted 12/28/2012 3:35:41 AM
Pinoy441 posted...
PS2 won the console war against Gamecube and Xbox

PS2 was infact the technologically inferior of the three

Wii outsold 360 and PS3

Wii is technologically inferior

Tech =/= Winning console wars, because if you really care that much about tech you get a gaming PC

ps2 despite being inferior technologically was no where near the gap that the wii has with the 360/ps3. A lot of multiplat games were released on ps2 and the original xbox and sometimes gamecube, and unlike the wii, the ps2 has a devastatingly awesome library of games that will go down in history as one of, if not the best in the history of console gaming.
#88Ansem_the_evilPosted 12/28/2012 3:55:23 AM
Linetrix posted...
So if Nintendo is so technologically inferior, how come they keep winning

Uhh, after Sony joined the gaming market, Nintendo "won" (sales-wise) only once.

Grandpas and soccermoms love Nintendo; that's why they buy it instead of Sony or Microsoft.

Fixed. Real gamers have either a PS3 or a 360. Or both.

This is the reason why I hate this new Graphic w.ore generation of gaming that thinks graphic is more imporantnt than gameplay
---
My 3DS FC: 1332-7692-1950
#89bluedragon619Posted 12/28/2012 4:02:45 AM
Buretsu posted...
wii u same gen as ps3 and 360 so u gotta compare them so wii u is losing

This
---
Your dead, NOW STAY DEAD
#90CarpetfluffPosted 12/28/2012 4:06:04 AM
Sharky8 posted...
The Wii has outsold the PS3 and Xbox 360.
The DS has outsold the PSP.
The 3DS is outselling the Vita.
The Wii U is outselling Sony and Microsoft because they haven't even released a new console.

So if Nintendo is so technologically inferior, how come they keep winning? People love Nintendo; that's why they buy it instead of Sony or Microsoft.

Price point had a huge impact this year. You talk about the competition but don't forget that Nintendo outsold themselves in as much as they shifted far more of their cheaper, older console than their new one since launch.