How well does MH Tri play on the Wii U??

#1DolemiteXPPosted 12/28/2012 3:39:34 AM
Just wondering cause I wanted to pick it up so I wouldn't be completely lost when the new version comes out in March. Anyone know if you need certain controllers to play it or can I play it with the gamepad?
---
Really don't want Obama for 4 more years but I refuse to vote for someone named after a type of glove....
#2PizzusPosted 12/28/2012 4:43:54 AM
I really recommend waiting for 3U - it's basically the same game but better. It's not like you will be less lost when you play Tri the first time.

To answer your questions, though, you can only play it with the Classic Controller or Nunchuck.
---
Consider this signature an outdated and groan-inducing meme.
#3SocranPosted 12/28/2012 5:07:29 AM
You won't be "lost" when the new version comes out - in fact, I fully expect that you'll have to replay through a good portion of the old version's content in order to access any of the new content, as was the case in previous games. And trust me, that takes a while. So if anything, you should avoid playing Tri so shortly before 3U.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#4stekim40Posted 12/28/2012 5:09:07 AM
It plays fine BUT.. Like most wii games running on the Wii U, its very blurry and the colours are muddy. Wii emulation is a let down tbh :(
---
Playing: Xcom:EU, PC Minecraft, Skyrim , F1 2012
Waiting for: ELITE 4 (still), GTA V, Pikmin 3, Dragon Age 3
#5IcecreamdunwichPosted 12/28/2012 5:09:49 AM
Runs at 38FPS on average :/
http://nintendoeverything.com/109058/monster-hunter-3-ultimate-wii-u-runs-at-38-fps-on-average/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
#6DolemiteXP(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 5:11:11 AM
Pizzus posted...
I really recommend waiting for 3U - it's basically the same game but better. It's not like you will be less lost when you play Tri the first time.

To answer your questions, though, you can only play it with the Classic Controller or Nunchuck.

Thanks for the reply, gonna pick it up and a classic controller this weekend. I own Skyrim for both 360 and PC and have sunk hundreds of hours into each so I'm no stranger to playing the same game over again. I'll just use this time to find out what I like and don't like so when 3U comes out I'll have a more precise gameplan.
---
Really don't want Obama for 4 more years but I refuse to vote for someone named after a type of glove....