wow...discouraging upcomg game list on here

#21DynheartPosted 12/28/2012 3:16:10 PM(edited)
All launches have no games. Launch windows are just as bad.

The developers are always iffy about releasing games for just released consoles. The 720/PS4 will be no different.

You want to know why? It's simple numbers folks....low install base. Not enough to support their projects. What you'll get is garbage 3rd party games, and maybe a AAA port here and there, from last gen. A 1st party game. And maybe a main franchise. All of this will be low budget BTW. Even the ports. The investment has to be worth it. If the install base isn't big enough? You get the picture.

All you can do is sit and wait for the launch window to fade...hope the Console does well enough for the developers to jump ship. Will the Wii U have a big enough install base after launch window? That's the big question. After that? The games will come in. The only question will be: What kind of support?
---
Currently suffering Final Fantasy XIII-2
#22MotiJrPosted 12/28/2012 3:29:09 PM
Wow so stupidity IS contagious.
---
Fanboys are a cancer to gaming but Sony fanboys are a particularly aggressive and repulsive form.
#23cavebear56Posted 12/28/2012 3:34:03 PM
Baha05 posted...
Ahh people who just got their first launch console.

Hit the nail on the head.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#24BoosterBurstPosted 12/28/2012 3:40:00 PM
most new consoles have more release dates for games. only the games with solid release dates - f***ing seriously?!??!
#25GEKGanonPosted 12/28/2012 3:46:58 PM
I wish this worked with other things.

Like, a new movie comes out in theaters and people flock to go see it, then I block the doors and set the building on fire. I then repeat this process a few times, and pretty soon, people are saying "OMG noob, are you really going to complain about him burning down the theater? EVERY opening night is like this! What, is this the first time you've gone to a new movie or something?!?!"

Yes, clearly my consistency makes my actions acceptable.
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#26Sailor GoonPosted 12/28/2012 3:47:03 PM
MarioGalaxy2 posted...
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Ahh people who just got their first launch console.

Most consoles get games sooner than this after their launch :/

No one told the 3DS,Vita,PS3,Xbox 360, Wii, and many others.

all of those systems had regular titles launched

The WiiU line up right now is by far the worst of any system I've seen in gaming
---
As told to me by Gamefaqs admin: They hire 17 year olds as moderators!
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#27SuperShyGuy9000Posted 12/28/2012 3:54:43 PM
GEKGanon posted...
I wish this worked with other things.

Like, a new movie comes out in theaters and people flock to go see it, then I block the doors and set the building on fire. I then repeat this process a few times, and pretty soon, people are saying "OMG noob, are you really going to complain about him burning down the theater? EVERY opening night is like this! What, is this the first time you've gone to a new movie or something?!?!"

Yes, clearly my consistency makes my actions acceptable.

This post makes no sense AT ALL.
#28GEKGanonPosted 12/28/2012 4:03:18 PM
^
How so? The basic premise is that if you do something awful consistently, it becomes acceptable. It is the same logic being used throughout this thread. I was simply pondering "what if that worked for things other than console launches?".
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#29SuperShyGuy9000Posted 12/28/2012 4:11:45 PM
GEKGanon posted...
^
How so? The basic premise is that if you do something awful consistently, it becomes acceptable. It is the same logic being used throughout this thread. I was simply pondering "what if that worked for things other than console launches?".

The consistency of a movie premiere is the same as a console launch.

Since consoles launch every 5-6 years and developers have to finish up work on the previous gen to work on next gen there is usually a gap between the end of one and the beginning of the next. This has been the case before and it will always be this way.

Let's take Naughty Dog who will be finishing up and releasing LoU next year so if PS4 is released this year there is no way they'll have a PS4 game ready for at least a year and a half.
#30Nate_DihldorffPosted 12/28/2012 4:26:37 PM
GEKGanon posted...
"Hey, it looks like there aren't a lot of good games coming down the pipeline for a really long while..."

"That happens with a lot during system launches."

"Oh, okay. At first I thought it was disappointing to see so few games following launch, but now that you've explained that launches are always crap, that makes the lack of upcoming games totally acceptable."

^THIS!
---
Random GameFAQs user in regards to a used game: "No tutorial since its from GameStop."