wow...discouraging upcomg game list on here

#5140DribylfPosted 12/28/2012 5:42:11 PM
The Wii U had a pretty good launch. A ton of games and options, and many more on the way. If you didn't play all the those ports (like me) then it's a nice selection for sure.

The DS has the worst launch, By far.

I'll put the Wii U's launch pretty damn high, definitely better than the last gen's.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#52GreatTroySenseiPosted 12/28/2012 5:46:13 PM
69bladez posted...
System has been out a month. They have about 30 games or so and about 20 more coming by April. What you dummy trolls looking at?....the gamefaqs upcoming list? Stupid trolls.

Lulz @ 30 games. 20+ are wii-level shovelware and re-releases.
---
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.
#53IcecreamdunwichPosted 12/28/2012 5:46:43 PM
N64 was also a terrible launch.
#5440DribylfPosted 12/28/2012 5:54:47 PM
Lulz @ 30 games. 20+ are wii-level shovelware and re-releases

It's still 30-ish games

And not everyone is a total nerd that buys certain games on release date.

And they're all good games, like Arkham City, Mass Effect 3, Black Ops 2, Sonic All-Stars, and Assassin's Creed 3.

It's a good line-up.
---
I am hip
#55thundercat2600Posted 12/28/2012 5:58:37 PM
40Dribylf posted...

It's still 30-ish games

And they're all good games, like Arkham City, Mass Effect 3, Black Ops 2, Sonic All-Stars, and Assassin's Creed 3.

It's a good line-up.

It's a good line-up of games. . . except that everybody who wanted to play those games has already played them on other systems (or, at the very least, is not going to buy a new system just to play a so-so port).

Judging by the Miiverse community members, nobody is buying all these big multiplatform games. The # of members goes Nintendo Land >>>> NSMBU >>>>>>>>>>> ZombiU >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everything else.
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#5640DribylfPosted 12/28/2012 6:03:50 PM(edited)
It's a good line-up of games. . . except that everybody who wanted to play those games has already played them on other systems (or, at the very least, is not going to buy a new system just to play a so-so port).

Of course they won't buy a system for a port. The Wii U lacks that killer app, then again, so did the 360 and PS3. But people are not buying the Wii U for what it has now really, it still has a 5 year lifestyle with plenty of potential. You guys act like a console just last you for a month then you stop playing it.

The games are there to hold us by.

Judging by the Miiverse community members, nobody is buying all these big multiplatform games. The # of members goes Nintendo Land >>>> NSMBU >>>>>>>>>>> ZombiU >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everything else.

Which makes sense.
---
I am hip
#57GEKGanonPosted 12/28/2012 7:28:53 PM
The consistency of a movie premiere is the same as a console launch.

Since consoles launch every 5-6 years and developers have to finish up work on the previous gen to work on next gen there is usually a gap between the end of one and the beginning of the next. This has been the case before and it will always be this way.

Let's take Naughty Dog who will be finishing up and releasing LoU next year so if PS4 is released this year there is no way they'll have a PS4 game ready for at least a year and a half.

Oh, okay. I see your point. You're saying because of the vast amount of titles released for the Wii over the past few months, they haven't gotten around to developing Wii U titles. Makes perfect sense. On account of that plethora of Wii titles... released recently...
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#58ColorfulColorsPosted 12/28/2012 7:36:37 PM
thundercat2600 posted...
40Dribylf posted...

It's still 30-ish games

It's a good line-up.

It was perfectly fine when the 360 did it though.
---
Go on the Wii U board and find a topic where the word fanboy isn't used. Its impossible.
Once the Atari Puma comes out, every console is doomed~SuperShyGuy9000
#59GEKGanonPosted 12/28/2012 7:38:06 PM
^
You shut-up-a-you-face! 360 is my mama, and mama is a saint!
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#60GreatTroySenseiPosted 12/28/2012 7:40:50 PM(edited)
ColorfulColors posted...
It was perfectly fine when the 360 did it though.

Except for when it wasn't. Not all of us are early adopters - I got a 360 around the time RE5 came out, and I'll get a Wii-U when Smash is released... if it's not garbage. You guys don't mind waiting a year to play games, right? So wait and enjoy Nintendoland or whatever when the system has been price cut a year from now.
---
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.