wow...discouraging upcomg game list on here

#61SuperShyGuy9000Posted 12/28/2012 8:41:20 PM
GEKGanon posted...
The consistency of a movie premiere is the same as a console launch.

Since consoles launch every 5-6 years and developers have to finish up work on the previous gen to work on next gen there is usually a gap between the end of one and the beginning of the next. This has been the case before and it will always be this way.

Let's take Naughty Dog who will be finishing up and releasing LoU next year so if PS4 is released this year there is no way they'll have a PS4 game ready for at least a year and a half.

Oh, okay. I see your point. You're saying because of the vast amount of titles released for the Wii over the past few months, they haven't gotten around to developing Wii U titles. Makes perfect sense. On account of that plethora of Wii titles... released recently...

Nintendo also has their same teams work on 3DS titles too. They had a game at launch whether people like them or not NSMB U, Nintendo Land and were planning on Pikmin 3 but it was delayed. The last Zelda game came out in 2011, they usually take 2 and half years to have another one ready so expect it in 2013
#62TiamatKillerPosted 12/28/2012 8:53:04 PM
GEKGanon posted...
"Hey, it looks like there aren't a lot of good games coming down the pipeline for a really long while..."

"That happens with a lot during system launches."

"Oh, okay. At first I thought it was disappointing to see so few games following launch, but now that you've explained that launches are always crap, that makes the lack of upcoming games totally acceptable."

quoted so people can see what REAL logic is like
---
GTX 560 Ti (2GB)/ z77-pro motherboard/ i5-3570k/ 8 GB RAM
#63GEKGanonPosted 12/28/2012 8:56:11 PM(edited)
ShyGuy, I love Nintendo as much as the next guy, but come on, your excuse is pretty lame. There has been a relatively steady stream of games released for 3 different consoles over the past 5-6 years, but when it comes to a console launch, suddenly there are months of downtime between releases?
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#64ColorfulColorsPosted 12/28/2012 8:57:48 PM
GEKGanon posted...
^
I love Nintendo as much as the next guy, but come on, your excuse is pretty lame. There has been a relatively steady stream of games released for 3 different consoles over the past 5-6 years, but when it comes to a console launch, suddenly there are months of downtime between releases?

I think it has something to do with the devs getting used to the hardware or something, since they have to start using a new kind of development kit, i dunno.
---
Go on the Wii U board and find a topic where the word fanboy isn't used. Its impossible.
Once the Atari Puma comes out, every console is doomed~SuperShyGuy9000
#65GEKGanonPosted 12/28/2012 8:59:32 PM
I'm also going to point out that if Nintendo could get 30ish games to hit all at once at launch, they could have just as easily spaced them out a little bit to make the release schedule actually look like something.
---
#66SuperShyGuy9000Posted 12/28/2012 9:04:37 PM
GEKGanon posted...
I'm also going to point out that if Nintendo could get 30ish games to hit all at once at launch, they could have just as easily spaced them out a little bit to make the release schedule actually look like something.

Now I can agree with that.

They had to have known what the post launch schedule was shaping up to look like. Whats worse is they act like they are in a vacuum and won't at least say they do have something planned. It's like they don't understand the perception out their on the interwebz and it could easily kill the console before it gets off the ground.
#67miraimikePosted 12/28/2012 9:10:05 PM
The N64 launch just had Mario 64 and some chess game, but no one noticed because Mario 64 was the best launch game ever. Thinking back, Nintendo probably developed the N64 controller just based on that game.
---
-Mike 3DS Friend Code: 2148-8168-3762 Street Fighter IV
"Everyone's entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts"
#68GEKGanonPosted 12/28/2012 9:11:24 PM
I think the insulting part about the release list is that Nintendo specifically said multiple times that they didn't want to make the same mistakes they made with the 3DS...
---
#69Sneakers(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 9:32:47 PM
You could have at least posted this in a topic that was already made, instead of making the 20th edition.

This topic again?

(am sure there are others, but don't feel up to reading posts from crybabies)

*Sigh* look, am sorry, but I didn't see any topic about this, and I don't hang around on the boards daily or even hourly to see these 20 other topics made. If I did I clearly would have posted in one of them....and I only posted this because other system that launched had a longer list of games to be released, so kindly some acting like a little baby...if it bothered you so much why even read the thread in the first place. You could do the most intelligent thing and just move along and ignore it. I swear some of you guys get so uptight over such petty things. I don't go into similar topics and whine and complain the topis was done before. Mistakes happen, ok? Give it a rest.

Oh am so "eager" to hear some "clever" retort...if I was to return to this thread.
---
PSN & Wii U - TheRealSneakers / 3DS FC - 3952-7010-7346
http://therealsneakers.deviantart.com/art/Troll-Face-comic-289558611
#70Sailor GoonPosted 12/28/2012 10:58:45 PM
Ignore the babies. Squatch is a resident troll with his lips permapuckered on Nintendos backside.
---
As told to me by Gamefaqs admin: They hire 17 year olds as moderators!
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh