IT Tech buddy of mine said future wii u games will look amazing.

#1knightimexPosted 12/29/2012 5:16:42 AM
We talked about the cpu he laughed at what this board was talking about.

He said he has a newer i7 cpu that runs nearly 1/3 as fast as his old i3 yet smokes it without contest.

Then he mentioned that even though the wii u's ram is rumored or not to be slower than ps3 and 360 it'll hardly make a difference if any at all when it comes to running on a console. that and having 1gig of it is going to give games 2x the ("firewords" as he called it) than the other guys 4x that of ps3.

He also believes the wii u gpu could probably handle 50 "Maybe" 60% of what the unreal engine 3 has to offer, but that won't happen until probably 2-3 years into the console's life cycle ps3 and 360 was at 20% he said his source was from EGM about 2 years ago.
*EDIT*
Later games will look roughly 1/2 as good as the Samaritan demo.

He also mentioned that hardly anyone will believe what it says except the other IT guys.

This makes me really curious what games will look like built from the ground up a year or 2 from now.
---
Old School Games FTW!
#2jairusmonillasPosted 12/29/2012 5:20:30 AM
lol you sound like 14 yr old.

just so you know, there are people on this board way superior than IT people. I guess you don't even know that.
#3SoeroahPosted 12/29/2012 5:28:22 AM
Does it really matter? 2012 had great visuals and it was a terrible movie.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.
#4MathewMansonPosted 12/29/2012 5:33:39 AM
jairusmonillas posted...
lol you sound like 14 yr old.

just so you know, there are people on this board way superior than IT people. I guess you don't even know that.

You look about fourteen on your Facebook page and seem to know little to nothing about how specs work.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
Nintendo Identification: MathewManson.
#5Garfield64Posted 12/29/2012 5:35:48 AM
IT Tech = Over paid nerd who couldn't get into a real school. When ever I have to fix server infrastructures where the "IT Tech" looked at it I sigh on the inside and know it's going to be hell and take hours to fix what they did after I take 4-8 seconds to fix what the original problem was.

Worse possible source of information ever you could of had.

From MY personal observations, the Wii U can have significantly prettier visuals and great shading techniques, but it is severely lacking in processing.

This means sure while later games will look about 2 times better then PS360 they will take forever to load and will have limited physics engines and animate objects.

The slow ram thing is the most stupid and pointless argument on the planet and anyone who mentions it knows zero about electronics.

Of course if PS360 is smart and say uses a gtx 570 and Phenom II X4 965. They will literally be over 40 times more powerful then last generation consoles with very little cost and power usage instead of just 2 times more powerful (video processing wise) then ps360.

This is doubtful though they will probably be greedy use some crappy parts and charge a fortune for just 4-8 times better ~_~.
---
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
Is a very well known Troll, please do not fall for their shenanigans!
#6GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 12/29/2012 6:10:39 AM
TC how thick are you exactly?

We've already had many MANY actual devs comment on how annoyed they are that they CPU is SEVERELY lacking.

They make games for a living, your IT pal doesn't. Catch a clue already.

The ultra delusional crap on this board needs to end already, goddamn....
---
"Dragon Age 2 was a train wreck the entire game, ME3 was like screaming rollercoaster that ran out of track and everyone died." -nIMr0D888
#7Pkshootout13Posted 12/29/2012 6:25:16 AM
Soeroah posted...
Does it really matter? 2012 had great visuals and it was a terrible movie.

But i like the cusack and woody harrelson. Not completely terrible imo
---
Gt: PkShootout13 NNID: PkShootout13
Feel free to send me a friend request or add me through miiverse!
#8PaladinrjaPosted 12/29/2012 7:37:45 AM
knightimex posted...
We talked about the cpu he laughed at what this board was talking about.

He said he has a newer i7 cpu that runs nearly 1/3 as fast as his old i3 yet smokes it without contest.

Then he mentioned that even though the wii u's ram is rumored or not to be slower than ps3 and 360 it'll hardly make a difference if any at all when it comes to running on a console. that and having 1gig of it is going to give games 2x the ("firewords" as he called it) than the other guys 4x that of ps3.

He also believes the wii u gpu could probably handle 50 "Maybe" 60% of what the unreal engine 3 has to offer, but that won't happen until probably 2-3 years into the console's life cycle ps3 and 360 was at 20% he said his source was from EGM about 2 years ago.
*EDIT*
Later games will look roughly 1/2 as good as the Samaritan demo.

He also mentioned that hardly anyone will believe what it says except the other IT guys.

This makes me really curious what games will look like built from the ground up a year or 2 from now.

Your friend is completely accurate. Its pretty much what has caught my interest most about the unit. Its got some other purpose than simply games I am sure.
There are a couple of strange chips I've not encountered before, in a config like this. I am sure all will be made clear eventually.

For alot of tech guys, Nintendo never fails to give us something to talk about. They've always stuck to their guns & evolved their intentions. I personally wasn't supprised by the Wii or its eventual success, the patents & chat comming from Nintendo long before 2007 hinted at some well thought-out technical considerations & whitepapers.

Now don't get me wrong, Sony & MS also have aspects of their systems that pique interest in the world of technophiles. However alot of it is a bit, meh, simply because their technical direction follows preceptive concepts well established with personal computing.

Nintendo are a top tier Japanese electronic components innovator. For instance IBM "POWER" division fabricate the tri-core RiSC Processor in the U, Nintendo's 3 x R&D components divisions design it. Along with alot of tech that even ends up in Sony & MS consoles under licence.
For something as simple as a multimedia/games platform, the U is packing some serious hardware, it could just be fault proofing the system, though there is scope for much more.

Anyway its hard to explain to some people that the way forward in technology often means taking steps backwards, at least seamingly & thats what your friend meant with his comment about disregarding CPU clock speed.
The design concepts fall in line with the evolutionary process that began with the NGC. There is some very good work here on the U. Its interesting nonetheless.
#9GeassMasterPosted 12/29/2012 7:59:27 AM
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...

We've already had many MANY actual devs comment on how annoyed they are that they CPU is SEVERELY lacking.

I wonder when people are finally going to realize that TC is a troll.
---
Now Playing: Mugen Souls, Ragnarok Odyessy, P4G, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation, DW: Gundam 2
I Have A Huge Backlog.
#10MegagunstarmanPosted 12/29/2012 8:04:18 AM
GeassMaster posted...
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...

I wonder when people are finally going to realize that TC is a troll.

Am I in an episode of The Twilight Zone?
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11