IT Tech buddy of mine said future wii u games will look amazing.

#51Lemmywinks13Posted 12/29/2012 2:03:32 PM
Garfield64 posted...
IT Tech = Over paid nerd who couldn't get into a real school. When ever I have to fix server infrastructures where the "IT Tech" looked at it I sigh on the inside and know it's going to be hell and take hours to fix what they did after I take 4-8 seconds to fix what the original problem was.

Worse possible source of information ever you could of had.

From MY personal observations, the Wii U can have significantly prettier visuals and great shading techniques, but it is severely lacking in processing.

This means sure while later games will look about 2 times better then PS360 they will take forever to load and will have limited physics engines and animate objects.

The slow ram thing is the most stupid and pointless argument on the planet and anyone who mentions it knows zero about electronics.

Of course if PS360 is smart and say uses a gtx 570 and Phenom II X4 965. They will literally be over 40 times more powerful then last generation consoles with very little cost and power usage instead of just 2 times more powerful (video processing wise) then ps360.

This is doubtful though they will probably be greedy use some crappy parts and charge a fortune for just 4-8 times better ~_~.

I don't care who is right...but you bash an IT tech person and then pretend that a gamefaqs posters opinion is more accurate. LOL!
#52PUNCHOUT1116Posted 12/29/2012 3:11:17 PM
Lemmywinks13 posted...
Garfield64 posted...
IT Tech = Over paid nerd who couldn't get into a real school. When ever I have to fix server infrastructures where the "IT Tech" looked at it I sigh on the inside and know it's going to be hell and take hours to fix what they did after I take 4-8 seconds to fix what the original problem was.

Worse possible source of information ever you could of had.

From MY personal observations, the Wii U can have significantly prettier visuals and great shading techniques, but it is severely lacking in processing.

This means sure while later games will look about 2 times better then PS360 they will take forever to load and will have limited physics engines and animate objects.

The slow ram thing is the most stupid and pointless argument on the planet and anyone who mentions it knows zero about electronics.

Of course if PS360 is smart and say uses a gtx 570 and Phenom II X4 965. They will literally be over 40 times more powerful then last generation consoles with very little cost and power usage instead of just 2 times more powerful (video processing wise) then ps360.

This is doubtful though they will probably be greedy use some crappy parts and charge a fortune for just 4-8 times better ~_~.

I don't care who is right...but you bash an IT tech person and then pretend that a gamefaqs posters opinion is more accurate. LOL!

---
-
Certified Horse Proctologist
#53PaladinrjaPosted 12/29/2012 3:27:27 PM
Pac12345 posted...
Paladinrja posted...
The new RiSC based processors offer true bus ranges, thus a single core bandwidth is 128 bits. The Media Processing engine (MPE) has Advanced SIMD (NEON) enhancements (combined 64 & 128 bit Single Instruction Multiple Data, standard media acceleration).

I remember that a while back, our computer professor told us that thjs kind of tech was the one used in science labs for simulations and matrix calculations. Among other very interesting things, she told us that no 64 bit machines could handle long numerals, due to the limit in memory.

Having this as a precedent, could you please elaborate on what can we expect from the Wii U given this 128 bit bus? Are we to expect more efficiency and speed in the transfer process , or rather, more amount of data per unit of time?

Who knows. RiSC processors opperate memory unbridled. Its only the limit of the memory that matters. ARMv8> claim to vector floating point arithmatic allowing them to switch between the full range of bit lengths, up to 128 bit.
The little that I know is, that ARMv8> processor architecture uses bi-endian vector floating point math to make up a 128 bit long word. Microprocessors constantly flipping registers. This still isn't the same as opperating in individual words 128 bit in length, the processor could potentially do this the problem is that it would pretty much be the limit of your bandwidth, its not efficient.
Its uses seem varied as ARMs own assembly language has claimed to achieve this. I can only think of a few examples where doing so would be advantageous - defence, security, cyphers and so on.
In so far as the Wii U is concerned, it might be applied to calculating virtual space more efficiently, as such devices already exist in transpositional sequencing like global positioning in fact anything that navigates.

ARMs Advanced SIMD NEON machine ensures compatibility with software. ARM cortex-a8 MPCore will vector 128 bit, executing 64 bits at a time whilst more recent Cortex revisions (A15) can execute 128 bits in one go.
I'd say speed & efficiency is the order of application.
#54knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 3:48:47 PM(edited)
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
TC how thick are you exactly?

We've already had many MANY actual devs comment on how annoyed they are that they CPU is SEVERELY lacking.

They make games for a living, your IT pal doesn't. Catch a clue already.

The ultra delusional crap on this board needs to end already, goddamn....

post one game just 1 game that was purely designed for wii u.

Pikmin 3 was going to be a wii game.
also zombie u wasn't built from the ground up it started off as a completely different game for last gen consoles.

lol my buddy didn't say the cpu will surpass other cpus.
also he said that there is a probability the wii u might do some things better.

read my first post
Reading comprehension epic fail!
---
Old School Games FTW!
#55knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 3:50:36 PM
GranzonEx posted...
I hope TC knows what IT means.

Yet you knew exactly what I meant.
too lazy to type it all out.

deal with it.
---
Old School Games FTW!
#56knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 3:52:09 PM
oh and what's with all of the angry wii u trolls in this thread?
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/7493/reggietl.jpg
---
Old School Games FTW!
#57penemuePosted 12/29/2012 3:54:00 PM
Why can't people just get over the fact that WII u is not a powerhouse?
This console is supposed to be about what all other Nintendo consoles are about, and that is the exclusive 1st party Nintendo games, whether they look amazing or not.
These topics of defending the Wii U's hardware against this gen\next gen are as pointless as the Vita hate threads, (people hate a console because it isn't selling, what?)
I must be the only one here who can't wait to play Monolith Softs new RPG as much as I can't wait to play Agnis Philosophy on PS4, is there ANYONE on this board like me, or should I leave now?
#58TrueBlue91Posted 12/29/2012 3:58:31 PM
penemue posted...
(people hate a console because it isn't selling, what?)

Always makes me laugh.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#59darkjedilinkPosted 12/29/2012 3:59:36 PM
knightimex posted...
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
TC how thick are you exactly?

We've already had many MANY actual devs comment on how annoyed they are that they CPU is SEVERELY lacking.

They make games for a living, your IT pal doesn't. Catch a clue already.

The ultra delusional crap on this board needs to end already, goddamn....

post one game just 1 game that was purely designed for wii u.

Pikmin 3 was going to be a wii game.
also zombie u wasn't built from the ground up it started off as a completely different game for last gen consoles.

I like how two devs who only work on the PS3 making statements they themselves admit were based on ignorance is "MANY actual devs comment on how annoyed they are that they CPU is SEVERELY lacking."
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#60GdboyratedloudPosted 12/29/2012 4:00:31 PM
penemue posted...
Why can't people just get over the fact that WII u is not a powerhouse?
This console is supposed to be about what all other Nintendo consoles are about, and that is the exclusive 1st party Nintendo games, whether they look amazing or not.
These topics of defending the Wii U's hardware against this gen\next gen are as pointless as the Vita hate threads, (people hate a console because it isn't selling, what?)
I must be the only one here who can't wait to play Monolith Softs new RPG as much as I can't wait to play Agnis Philosophy on PS4, is there ANYONE on this board like me, or should I leave now?

you think ps4 could handle agnis philosophy?????????

gtfoh bye
---
PSN: JamesDeanONdaLOW
little did I know, James Dean was actually on the down low.