IT Tech buddy of mine said future wii u games will look amazing.

#61PaladinrjaPosted 12/29/2012 5:00:52 PM
penemue posted...
Why can't people just get over the fact that WII u is not a powerhouse?
This console is supposed to be about what all other Nintendo consoles are about, and that is the exclusive 1st party Nintendo games, whether they look amazing or not.
These topics of defending the Wii U's hardware against this gen\next gen are as pointless as the Vita hate threads, (people hate a console because it isn't selling, what?)
I must be the only one here who can't wait to play Monolith Softs new RPG as much as I can't wait to play Agnis Philosophy on PS4, is there ANYONE on this board like me, or should I leave now?

You're right to a certain degree. The U is a powerhouse, the question is that it remains to be seen if it will be used so.
#62penemuePosted 12/29/2012 5:01:00 PM
TrueBlue91 posted...
penemue posted...
(people hate a console because it isn't selling, what?)

Always makes me laugh.

What do you mean, exactly?
#63tizzywilkillyouPosted 12/29/2012 5:06:04 PM
darkjedilink posted...
knightimex posted...
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
TC how thick are you exactly?

We've already had many MANY actual devs comment on how annoyed they are that they CPU is SEVERELY lacking.

They make games for a living, your IT pal doesn't. Catch a clue already.

The ultra delusional crap on this board needs to end already, goddamn....

post one game just 1 game that was purely designed for wii u.

Pikmin 3 was going to be a wii game.
also zombie u wasn't built from the ground up it started off as a completely different game for last gen consoles.

I like how two devs who only work on the PS3 making statements they themselves admit were based on ignorance is "MANY actual devs comment on how annoyed they are that they CPU is SEVERELY lacking."

This. Of course they won't know what's good when they're used to the asininely unbalanced PS3 in which almost EVERYTHING needs to be thrown onto the CPU (same reason why multiplats are often drastically worse than the supposedly weaker 360).
---
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050
#64GranzonExPosted 12/29/2012 6:32:52 PM
Agni was just CG. Any decent PC can "run" it. If that was ingame graphics though, that would be another story.
---
caps
#65GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 12/30/2012 2:35:01 AM(edited)
Paladinrja posted...

Seriously though, all jokes aside. This CPU presents no compatibility issues at all. I can vouch for that. Its architecture supports double-precision floating point arithmatic, full spectrum (as opposed to 1 in broad spectrum in the others). 13 stage pipeline (as opposed to 3 on the others).
Its called a tri-core, because the die has 3 computational cores and one MPE (Media Processing Engine) from memory (& I could be wrong) The MPE includes processing for audio, video, graphics & gaming (physics), being NEON SIMD this means 16x opperations, tops, per process. Now add a GPU to that. Now add Nintendo's customisation to that (which you can't because until its released no one can).

Now the only thing that doesn't trump intels CiSC processors is the (obsolete) x86 CPUID instruction registers (coprocessor stuff). There are mechanisms for this in the latest ARM architectures, proven to work (Windows smart phones?).
Now please, don't mistake the many bad editorials concerning the specs of this unit as gospel. Most of these editors will quickly jump ship on earlier comments once they get the specs they need. Which is why they are doing it.
Like anandtech, I have also pulled apart a Wii U. I'm not going to speculate why they posted that cr@p, they did. Now before you go replying to this. I am a gaming fanatic, with a good social life, even married the two with LAN parties & whatnot, thus I entertain myself with all consoles & a set of decks when musicality hits me.
I normally don't engage in forums but this place really got my attention, for the sheer ignorance that gets spouted here by trolls in particular. Nintendo fans (most of whom are multiplatform fans by necessity) are having a good time right now. Join in that or p!ss0ff, but don't rain on their party.
I've also been a tech reviewer for a well known hardware site in my time.
Don't be mad, bro?

Why would I be mad? Nintendo is keeping up with their legendarily ****ty 3rd party relations and horrible tool support, so all that crap you just typed out is moot and meaningless. Hardly any 3rd party devs will bother with Nintendo this time until Nintendo proves 3rd party games WILL sell GOOD numbers on a Nintendo platform (they do not, so this is impossible) and secondly, they wont bother until Nintendo gives them proper GOOD devtools that don't make developing on Wii U cost way more time and money than it needs to, which more than one developer has been quoted on saying for Wii U "Nintendo is fighting us tooth and nail the whole way on toolsets making this alot more difficult than it needs to be".

You aren't gonna find many devs willing to take a deal along the lines of "Come waste tons of extra time and money making a game on Wii U, because we wont give you good toolsets, and to boot it probably won't even sell well or enough to recoup even the dev costs since only Nintendo made games sell well on our platforms! You won't even sell enough to make a profit!" Thats the sad truth about why devs are simply not lining up to be bothered with this thing at all. They already know from the Wii that Nintendos the only ones that will turn a profit on their platforms these days.

You can squawk on and on about how amazing you think the architecture is, but at the end of the day its only neato on paper, and in reality its ****ing useless since Nintendo has in the past, and continues in the present, to be terrible and asinine in providing 3rd party devs the proper dev tools to utilize the systems potential, since Nintendo is also legendarily arrogant and refuses to be shown up on their own hardware. This is fact and they've proven it many times in the past.

So have a good day broseph
---
Guardian Gamer X
"CE's verbal cruelty is only matched by an eight-armed robot beating multiple baby seals."-PursuitandTie
#66STE573Posted 12/30/2012 2:56:22 AM
Knightimex, are you suffering some sort of breakdown? Everything I see you post these days lacks any depth of thought whatsoever.

You wave your Nintendo flag on other boards and I find that reasonable, but to come out and make topic after topic like this I do not. Seriously, take a break from Gamefaqs man, maybe just a week, but it'll do you the world of good. I'm not trying to be an ass here, I'm genuinely trying to help.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, psn ID- X-STE-90-X Currently playing- Far Cry 2 (360), Kingdoms of Amalur (360), Pokemon Red (GBA), Pokemon Blue (GBA)
#67StrangerAeonsPosted 12/30/2012 3:04:53 AM
jairusmonillas posted...
lol you sound like 14 yr old.

just so you know, there are people on this board way superior than IT people. I guess you don't even know that.

way superior than IT people
---
http://raptr.com/badge/ColdStatic/fs_overall.png http://i.imgur.com/Namtt.jpg
#68PaladinrjaPosted 12/30/2012 5:06:33 AM
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
Why would I be mad? Nintendo is keeping up with their legendarily ****ty 3rd party relations and horrible tool support, so all that crap you just typed out is moot and meaningless. Hardly any 3rd party devs will bother with Nintendo this time until Nintendo proves 3rd party games WILL sell GOOD numbers on a Nintendo platform (they do not, so this is impossible) and secondly, they wont bother until Nintendo gives them proper GOOD devtools that don't make developing on Wii U cost way more time and money than it needs to, which more than one developer has been quoted on saying for Wii U "Nintendo is fighting us tooth and nail the whole way on toolsets making this alot more difficult than it needs to be".

You aren't gonna find many devs willing to take a deal along the lines of "Come waste tons of extra time and money making a game on Wii U, because we wont give you good toolsets, and to boot it probably won't even sell well or enough to recoup even the dev costs since only Nintendo made games sell well on our platforms! You won't even sell enough to make a profit!" Thats the sad truth about why devs are simply not lining up to be bothered with this thing at all. They already know from the Wii that Nintendos the only ones that will turn a profit on their platforms these days.

You can squawk on and on about how amazing you think the architecture is, but at the end of the day its only neato on paper, and in reality its ****ing useless since Nintendo has in the past, and continues in the present, to be terrible and asinine in providing 3rd party devs the proper dev tools to utilize the systems potential, since Nintendo is also legendarily arrogant and refuses to be shown up on their own hardware. This is fact and they've proven it many times in the past.

So have a good day broseph

This is it? this is the best ya got, lol! Now you're envious that -you too- have no squawking abilities. That 2 fer 2, no Nintendo and now no squawk.
Only thing thats sad here is that you actually bother to type this ambiguous nonsense - oh AAAND! manage to repeat yourself throughout the post. Take a look around, anyone in the industry thats trashing the U, is retracting everywhere. Once again your outdated little gems of info expose you for what you are.
Do us all a favour & relay your arguments from your own opinions & knowledge. Not someone elses, especially when your sources come from commoness all over the net, that only print that rubbish so that sheep like you will keep them in business. Most developers in the industry are furious at having their coments misrepresented.
Speaking of which, I am a businessman. Even on the most superficial level, I would choose to invest in Nintendo, before any of the other hardware manufacturers.
Why would I invest in corporations that have at least one subsidiary that consistantly fails to turn a profit. On the other side of the fence, that of a 3rd party publisher/developer, why would I not put my product out through Nintendo and extend my potential gain. As a theoretical developer, I would have no problem dealing with the U's hardware as its already in my repetoire. You know those mainframes you like to cite. Guess what kinda architecture they are based on? Programming includes alot of debugging & recompiling. RiSC platforms crunch math like nothing else. Nothing 'neato on paper' about it & thatsa' fact, jack!
Lastly you now claim to understand the minds of a gaming company, who's sole industry is the very subject being contended over. Further claiming their arrogance. I think the only person here with an arrogant agenda is you.
Anyway I am done with you. You are no gaming brother of mine, not on PS3, not on PC or 360, or Nintendo; you turpid little troll, you are ignored. I don't care if anyone else decides to bother with you. I won't.
#69GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 12/30/2012 9:09:05 AM
Paladinrja posted...

This is it? this is the best ya got, lol! Now you're envious that -you too- have no squawking abilities. That 2 fer 2, no Nintendo and now no squawk.
Only thing thats sad here is that you actually bother to type this ambiguous nonsense - oh AAAND! manage to repeat yourself throughout the post. Take a look around, anyone in the industry thats trashing the U, is retracting everywhere. Once again your outdated little gems of info expose you for what you are.
Do us all a favour & relay your arguments from your own opinions & knowledge. Not someone elses, especially when your sources come from commoness all over the net, that only print that rubbish so that sheep like you will keep them in business. Most developers in the industry are furious at having their coments misrepresented.
Speaking of which, I am a businessman. Even on the most superficial level, I would choose to invest in Nintendo, before any of the other hardware manufacturers.
Why would I invest in corporations that have at least one subsidiary that consistantly fails to turn a profit. On the other side of the fence, that of a 3rd party publisher/developer, why would I not put my product out through Nintendo and extend my potential gain. As a theoretical developer, I would have no problem dealing with the U's hardware as its already in my repetoire. You know those mainframes you like to cite. Guess what kinda architecture they are based on? Programming includes alot of debugging & recompiling. RiSC platforms crunch math like nothing else. Nothing 'neato on paper' about it & thatsa' fact, jack!
Lastly you now claim to understand the minds of a gaming company, who's sole industry is the very subject being contended over. Further claiming their arrogance. I think the only person here with an arrogant agenda is you.
Anyway I am done with you. You are no gaming brother of mine, not on PS3, not on PC or 360, or Nintendo; you turpid little troll, you are ignored. I don't care if anyone else decides to bother with you. I won't.

Kewl story. You're in denial. It is a fact that Nintendo has always had poor relations and **** on developers that were not 1st party, JAPAN first party, since they also **** on western first party within their own company, which is why so many of them bailed, the most notable as of late being the key talent at Retro, which moved on and left the company to join 343 studios that made Halo 4.

Their relations with 3rd parties and as I just said, their own western 1st parties, is very poor. Their toolset support for 3rd parties, is also terribly poor. Their communication pipeline with 3rd parties, is downright hideous. Wanna know when 3rd parties found out about Motion Plus? They found out when Nintendo announced it to the press. Yeah. Instead of giving developers a leg up to get time to develop games for it, or incorporate it into coming soon games, Nintendo kept it a secret from everyone, so THEY would be the first to have games to show it off, so NO developer could show them up with their own new gimmick.

This is how Nintendo acts, its how they've always acted, and you're an ignorant child for being steeped in such delusional denial that you even argue that this isn't the case.

Keep me on ignore, ignoring facts is what you do best it seems.
---
Guardian Gamer X
"CE's verbal cruelty is only matched by an eight-armed robot beating multiple baby seals."-PursuitandTie