Are digital versions suppose to run poorly?

#21knightoffire55(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 7:45:33 PM
Playsaver posted...
knightoffire55 posted...
I downloaded Assassin's Creed III and the frame-rate just took a nosedive in the middle of the game. It's worse than PS3 Skyrim. I started re-downloading the game to see if that fixes anything. Has anyone else downloaded from the eShop? Do any other retail games have frame-rate problems.

Are you using an external usb hard drive? If it's powered from the usb port maybe it's not getting enough power. If it's powered from the usb port you'll probibly need a usb y adapter to give the hard drive more power. If your using a y adapter then it might not be working right.
I have a seagate 500 gig drive that, while it seems to run fine without the y adapter, has problems unless i use a y adapter. The big problem i ran into with is that if the drive is accessed a lot there isn't enough power it ends up getting an error. I found this by downloading a demo, but it errored on the install of the demo. It didn't do it every time but often enough that it became clear that the drive was reading and writing to that same drive a lot, thus using more power. Where just downloading that demo was only writing to the drive and using less power. Adding the Y adapter, even though it didn't seem to need it, solved the error problem.

That's probably it. Can the game run off a thumb drive? I'll use that until I can afford a better hard disk.
---
Enough is enough I have had it with these motherf****ing vampires in this motherf****ing rain.
#22IcecreamdunwichPosted 12/29/2012 7:59:39 PM
Gaming laptops are a joke.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#23mmarksterPosted 12/29/2012 8:09:08 PM
I think I'm in that same sce-- wait. You redownloaded the game yet you sound so casual like it's nothing! Assassin's Creed III is 17GB!

Anyway, there is a scene where the framerate dips. It's on the rooftops. This happened to me and I'm playing the retail disc version.
---
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1032 - 1243 - 4711 Name/NNID/XBLGT/PSNID: mmarkster
#24shaunmePosted 12/29/2012 8:14:55 PM
Darkjedilink has reappeared,the shame must have wore off.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#25blankempathyPosted 12/29/2012 8:24:54 PM
ShadowSkill11 posted...
GranzonEx posted...
Assassin's Creed games are always poorly optimized. Even for the PC.

Lol, says you. I've run AC2, AC2-2, AC2-3, and AC3 on my primary and laptop maxed at 1080p. Just how outdated is your rig?

Fact:
When casual pc gamers say a game is poorly optimized. What they really mean is I'm trying to run a new game on my moms 2004 pc and can't max it.

It is poorly optimized. My 4.0ghz 920 and 680 should max ac3 at 1080p with a consistant 60 fps. I get drops into the 40s sometimes. For a game like ac3 that isn't exactly visually impressive thats balls.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#26ShadowSkill11Posted 12/29/2012 9:35:44 PM
blankempathy posted...
ShadowSkill11 posted...
GranzonEx posted...

Lol, says you. I've run AC2, AC2-2, AC2-3, and AC3 on my primary and laptop maxed at 1080p. Just how outdated is your rig?

Fact:
When casual pc gamers say a game is poorly optimized. What they really mean is I'm trying to run a new game on my moms 2004 pc and can't max it.

It is poorly optimized. My 4.0ghz 920 and 680 should max ac3 at 1080p with a consistant 60 fps. I get drops into the 40s sometimes. For a game like ac3 that isn't exactly visually impressive thats balls.

aC3 is a more demanding game. My CPU is about the same as yours but I have two 660tis in SLI which gives me about 30% more gpu performance than you. My game runs like a dream.
#27darkjedilinkPosted 12/29/2012 10:03:46 PM
shaunme posted...
Darkjedilink has reappeared,the shame must have wore off.

If you think I left, get your eyes checked.

Unless you're referring to the Christmas Eve/Christmas Day that I wasn't on, because I was, you know, celebrating Christmas with my family.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#28libatakoPosted 12/29/2012 11:23:05 PM
Optimization is the key here.... My rig is a beast... I don't want to get into a pissing contest as this topic seems like its heading there.
But let's just say my rig should be able to run planetside 2 without any problems whatsoever...but unfortunately it experiences frame-rate dips and whatnot....
---
psn/xbl/wii u = libatako
Say sweet thing, can I buy you a fish sandwich?
#29blankempathyPosted 12/30/2012 1:26:43 AM(edited)
ShadowSkill11 posted...
blankempathy posted...
ShadowSkill11 posted...
GranzonEx posted...

Fact:

aC3 is a more demanding game. My CPU is about the same as yours but I have two 660tis in SLI which gives me about 30% more gpu performance than you. My game runs like a dream.

more demanding then games like planetside 2 or battlefield 3? Yea because its poorly optimized not because ac3 is some advanced next gen game. Hell my framerate doesn't dip as much in planetside 2 as it does in ac3 and the game looks so much better. Arkham city with physx on and directx11 runs better as well. You can keep acting like people need better pcs but the fact is two 660tis in sli with an i7 to max a console port isn't something to be bragging about.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#30Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/30/2012 2:04:53 AM
ShadowSkill11 posted...
GranzonEx posted...

Fact:

Crysis and GTA IV says hello
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12