140.00 store credit for the deluxe gamestop?

#1Mindwipe77Posted 12/29/2012 7:16:50 PM
So i called gs this evening curious what the credit was for deluxe wii-u(no im not selling mine, only curious) and the guy said 140 cred or 112 cash. This system has not even been out 2 months wow lol, thats a major rip off. I have not been to gs for over a year but that seems very low. I dont recall 360 and ps3 dropping in trade value so quickly?
---
Lightning's #1 Fan!!!
GOTY 2013-Lightning Returns
#2Virus66Posted 12/29/2012 7:17:57 PM
Typical for GS. You new to this or what? You are lucky yo get 1/4 of the price.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
Smash Bros Mains- Samus, Ness, Pit
#3Enigma149Posted 12/29/2012 7:19:35 PM
Well, the PS3 was a bit higher because of its price ($600 vs. $350), but it's GameStop. 3DSs and Vitas both went for under $100 after they were released.

Actually, the only real time a GameStop trade is ever worth it is if you can do something ridiculous (such as me trading in 4 copies of Wii Fit and 1 copy of PlayStation All Stars to make money off of a "double store credit on 5 games or more" deal) or do one of their upgrade offers.
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; PSN: CrimsonEnigma (not currently in use)
'If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature' -squatch
#4slickvic1990Posted 12/29/2012 7:20:08 PM
what'd you expect? GS has been doing that for years. For a console that retails at $350, you're lucky you almost got half price. If you want to maximize your value, you're better off selling on ebay or craigslist.
---
I enjoyed RE6, and both FF13 games. I think Skyward Sword is the second best Zelda after Majora's Mask. I have no desire to play Skyrim. I actually like COD.
#5miraimikePosted 12/29/2012 7:26:20 PM
We should all stop shopping at Gamestop, IMO. It's not in our interests to keep this crappy company alive when there are plenty of other alternatives out there.
---
-Mike 3DS Friend Code: 2148-8168-3762 Street Fighter IV
"Everyone's entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts"
#6BurgerTime79Posted 12/29/2012 7:29:29 PM
Then sell it secondhand instead of trading it in. Why do people have such a difficult time understanding this, and decide to trash on Gamestop instead?

Gamestop does their trade ins based on the way a pawn shop does. They buy it from you cheaper than what they are going to sell it for, which is now they make MONEY. Which is what the business is there to do. That's not a negative, that's what a business does.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#7RockD79Posted 12/29/2012 7:33:12 PM
Mindwipe77 posted...
So i called gs this evening curious what the credit was for deluxe wii-u(no im not selling mine, only curious) and the guy said 140 cred or 112 cash. This system has not even been out 2 months wow lol, thats a major rip off. I have not been to gs for over a year but that seems very low. I dont recall 360 and ps3 dropping in trade value so quickly?

Sell it online. I'm sure you could do a hell of a lot better than $140. Nothing like getting $10 for a game and watch them sell it for $55. Breaks my heart. It's a crime.
#8dart246Posted 12/29/2012 7:52:07 PM
BurgerTime79 posted...
Then sell it secondhand instead of trading it in. Why do people have such a difficult time understanding this, and decide to trash on Gamestop instead?

Gamestop does their trade ins based on the way a pawn shop does. They buy it from you cheaper than what they are going to sell it for, which is now they make MONEY. Which is what the business is there to do. That's not a negative, that's what a business does.

Because people are lazy and they want someone else to do the leg work, but when they aren't given the price they want because of it they cry and holler.

Hell, if half the people that complained about it took an economics course on profit maximization, they would truly be in for a rude awakening to see that once you take out the fixed costs, the variable costs of them trading in that one game is rather high and GameStop is a business after all, one that intends to make money.
---
PSN: VisperCon; NNI: Rywins
#9vcoughPosted 12/29/2012 7:52:21 PM
RockD79 posted...
Mindwipe77 posted...

Sell it online. I'm sure you could do a hell of a lot better than $140. Nothing like getting $10 for a game and watch them sell it for $55. Breaks my heart. It's a crime.

Good God it is not a "crime" it is common sense and a business. They do trade ins to make money not to do people favors. Amazing how stupid people are..
---
Nintendo Network: VWC621
#10Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/29/2012 7:56:06 PM
Enigma149 posted...
Well, the PS3 was a bit higher because of its price ($600 vs. $350), but it's GameStop. 3DSs and Vitas both went for under $100 after they were released.

Actually, the only real time a GameStop trade is ever worth it is if you can do something ridiculous (such as me trading in 4 copies of Wii Fit and 1 copy of PlayStation All Stars to make money off of a "double store credit on 5 games or more" deal) or do one of their upgrade offers.

I got $500 credit on my PS3 at Gamestop, I bought it at launch and returned it shortly later after I realized the crap list for games coming out.
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12