Why isn't the Wii U selling like crazy?

#1gundam911Posted 12/29/2012 7:39:15 PM
It seems at whatever retailer I go to, there's an ample supply of the basic sets. We all know how rare the original Wii was for about 2 years after it launched.

Maybe this time, Nintendo got a little lazy when it came to being as creative as they had been last time, so consumers aren't as impressed.
#2Virus66Posted 12/29/2012 7:41:57 PM
It IS selling pretty great. Nintendo is just keeping up on demand. The Wii U is ahead of the PS3 and 360 in the same span of it's life. It's just a little behind where the Wii was.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
Smash Bros Mains- Samus, Ness, Pit
#3BuretsuPosted 12/29/2012 7:44:41 PM
Nobody wants the Basic. For just $50 more, you get extra features including a game, a stand, 24 more GB of memory, and 10% off on digital transactions for a year. Best Buy has had to include Nintendoland as a free bundle to make the Basic more desirable.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#4jsb0714Posted 12/29/2012 7:46:43 PM
I notice you specify the basic model's availability. Since many of the resident trolls around here (they know who they are) don't figure the WiiU fans' intelligence to be all that high, perhaps they should get credit for purchasing the version that gives more bang for the buck.

Of course the trolls will argue they *saw* the deluxe model available at every store they went to. Liars they are!
---
"There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not." -Someone who came up with this
#5gundam911(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 7:47:30 PM
Buretsu posted...
Nobody wants the Basic. For just $50 more, you get extra features including a game, a stand, 24 more GB of memory, and 10% off on digital transactions for a year. Best Buy has had to include Nintendoland as a free bundle to make the Basic more desirable.

If the Deluxe Set is such a compelling deal to consumers, then why can't ALL units be deluxe?....
#6DemonDog666Posted 12/29/2012 7:49:26 PM
Because it has only one game worth getting the system for, won't get next gen exclusives, has horrible online, lacks many features and doesn't really do anything better then ps3/360.
#7darkjedilinkPosted 12/29/2012 7:51:44 PM
1.8 million units worldwide in a month isn't "selling like crazy?"
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#8gundam911(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 7:53:33 PM
darkjedilink posted...

I wasn't aware how many Wii Us have been sold. I was pointing out the fact that the Wii U isn't selling "so well" that it's almost impossible for Nintendo to meet demand....
#9MathewMansonPosted 12/29/2012 7:55:12 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
Because it has only one game worth getting the system for, won't get next gen exclusives, has horrible online, lacks many features and doesn't really do anything better then ps3/360.

What makes you credible? What did the PS3 have in the first month? Lol. Takes five to seven years to milk out power for the latest of games for the 360 and PS3, yet the Wii U has done it at launch with PORTS.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
Nintendo Identification: MathewManson.
#101shadetail1Posted 12/29/2012 7:57:40 PM
gundam911 posted...
darkjedilink posted...

I wasn't aware how many Wii Us have been sold. I was pointing out the fact that the Wii U isn't selling "so well" that it's almost impossible for Nintendo to meet demand....

The problem with your point is that the WiiU *is* selling well. This is an objective fact. The sales numbers are very good. And Nintendo is meeting demand despite those high sales numbers, which simply means they were well prepared.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.