Overscan Problem, Picture not fitting TV screen, cuts 10 to 20 % off!!!

#31CypherSkillsPosted 12/31/2012 5:10:58 PM
I have a relatively new vizio tv with no way to adjust screen size. Saying that people with this issue are behind on technology is an ignorant statement. Nintendo needs to fix this simple issue and get with the times.
---
3DS: 4167 4495 4377
#32PlaysaverPosted 12/31/2012 9:11:50 PM
CypherSkills posted...
I have a relatively new vizio tv with no way to adjust screen size. Saying that people with this issue are behind on technology is an ignorant statement. Nintendo needs to fix this simple issue and get with the times.

My newest Vizio doesnt' really seems to have any real way to fix it in it settings, but It seems to do barely any overscan so it's not a problem on it. I have a couple others in the house that let you manualy set the overscan right down to no overscan at all. I'm rather dissapointed that the newest one had the option removed.
#33Gamer0561Posted 12/31/2012 10:56:17 PM
Call Nintendo and make a complaint/suggestion. Seriously. I spoke to a rep about this and they were very interested in hearing about it and how to fix it. Don't be rude, just explain the problem. The more complaints about it they get, the more they realize the severity and hopefully a faster resolution will come about.
---
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FanHater
#34DorotimusWitikPosted 12/31/2012 11:31:54 PM
Really it's the TV makers fault for having a forced overscan mode, but yeah... since this is a known problem that has plagued gaming for a while, Nintendo is stupid for not making their interfaces overscan friendly.

And yeah, I've got an old Sony Bravia (720p) that has forced overscan as well. I don't use it anymore.
#35UberGTOPosted 12/31/2012 11:51:42 PM
I have a old 1080i TV and here is no way to fix it. There are a few scaling options, but they overscan it worse. It's 57" and not quite due for replacing yet. I have found a few devices that have a bit of a over scaling issue but all of them have a options to fix it within them. The Wii U is the only thin that doesn't other than in Miiverse and eShop.

It's also so old I can't use HDMI on it because my HDMI port is something like 1.1b and Wii U requires a minimum of 1.3 if I remember right. Stuck using my Wii component cables. The Wii U does work perfectly on my bedroom 32" Vizio with a HDMI connection.

Would love to have a 60" LED TV to replace it, but life has a way of screwing you over when you least need it too.
---
NNID: UberGTO
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/UberGTO/stats/352514511/xbox/
#36PlaysaverPosted 1/1/2013 1:12:23 AM
Playsaver posted...
CypherSkills posted...

My newest Vizio doesnt' really seems to have any real way to fix it in it settings, but It seems to do barely any overscan so it's not a problem on it. I have a couple others in the house that let you manualy set the overscan right down to no overscan at all. I'm rather dissapointed that the newest one had the option removed.

Just wanted to add a few notes i've made.
When using my newest vizio set, with the mininal overscan it does, that because it doesn't overscan much, there will be a small border on the screen surounding the picture in wii mode, i've also seen that border when playing a movie using the internet browser. The border when playing a movie doesn't show up at all on the game pad, but only on the tv screen.
Supprisingly when using my oldest vizio with the overscan that border doesn't show at all on the tv, and nearly perfectly matches what is on the pad when playing a movie.
#37TechniMyokoPosted 1/1/2013 7:22:20 AM
KaiserLeo posted...
First off, the ps3 and 360 do cut off the picture on an old tube too, the sides of the widescreen.

Secondly hdtvs do come relatively cheap. You can get a full hd, 32 inch for what, 200+tax?

First off, no ps3/360 dont have the same problem.

Wiiu cuts off way too much