If developers can choose their own price on the eShop, why is Sribb. still $60?

#11mmarksterPosted 12/30/2012 9:43:34 AM
deontrey251990 posted...
the problem is not that it's $60. The problem is Nintendo charges taxes for your digital copy and it equals the exact same as the physical copies -.-;

In some states yes. At least here in California, no.
---
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1032 - 1243 - 4711 Name/NNID/XBLGT/PSNID: mmarkster
#12Geminia999Posted 12/30/2012 9:43:46 AM
deontrey251990 posted...
the problem is not that it's $60. The problem is Nintendo charges taxes for your digital copy and it equals the exact same as the physical copies -.-;

You act like it's Nintendo's fault for Tax. No, that has nothing to do with Nintendo but the Government.
---
[::[_]::]Common sense
[+[_]::]just because you can doesn't mean you should
#13deontrey251990Posted 12/30/2012 9:47:16 AM
It's not about the tax, its about it costing the exact same as the physical copies. Purchasing Digital is supposed to be cheaper due to the fact that you dont have a cd or case.
#14Geminia999Posted 12/30/2012 9:53:45 AM
deontrey251990 posted...
It's not about the tax, its about it costing the exact same as the physical copies. Purchasing Digital is supposed to be cheaper due to the fact that you dont have a cd or case.

Thing is, doing that, you begin to alienate part of your audience. Right now it's just better to keep them the same until people figure things out fully. There is a difference right now between the Console stores and Steam, Steam is essentially PC gaming right now and helped it get out of a little rut, but Console gaming still has plenty in stores along with deals with stores like Best Buy and Gamestop. Selling things for cheaper else where will not do as good right now and they need time first to fix some kinks. Right now it's just safe to keep things equal.
---
[::[_]::]Common sense
[+[_]::]just because you can doesn't mean you should
#15SoaringDivePosted 12/30/2012 10:09:39 AM
Since when did non-indie developers choose the pricing?

It's all publisher greed. Holy crap, for gamers you guys know nothing about how gaming, y'know, works. That's also why there's so much freaking DLC for Uncharted 3 - Sony, not Naughty Dog.
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive
#16darkqueenhelbaPosted 12/30/2012 10:11:16 AM
Because they don't want to sell 10M copies to just make a profit? Cheaper it is the more people will buy. But, THAT many more have to buy. Make sense?
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#17deontrey251990Posted 12/30/2012 10:12:33 AM
But the psn store doesnt charge taxes on the games you buy off of it. Its seriously just $59.99. Also it wouldnt alienate anybody, if anything it would make more people buy digital. Its the gaming companies goal to make everything digital =P
#18MotiJrPosted 12/30/2012 10:21:21 AM
In the UK, due to EU law, the price of retail games is usually cheaper than the rrp because retailers choose the price. If Nintendo was to then undercut this price digitally, they would be selling games for a lot cheaper and that would piss off the retailers who may then stop selling the games or may increase their prices by a large amount. I think anyway.
---
Fanboys are a cancer to gaming but Sony fanboys are a particularly aggressive and repulsive form.
#19Lord_Diablo13Posted 12/30/2012 10:34:21 AM
MotiJr posted...
In the UK, due to EU law, the price of retail games is usually cheaper than the rrp because retailers choose the price. If Nintendo was to then undercut this price digitally, they would be selling games for a lot cheaper and that would piss off the retailers who may then stop selling the games or may increase their prices by a large amount. I think anyway.

Wow. If that's true, then *CENSORED* those money-grubbin retailers.
---
As a PC gamer, I am more of a self-proclaimed Agent of Chaos, looking to destroy gaming all for the lulz.