I'm laughing so hard at all the idiots who bought multiple Wii U's.

#21DeathSnipe777Posted 12/30/2012 6:57:17 PM
Why are you laughing?

Worst case scenario, they just return them and get their money back.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#22libatakoPosted 12/30/2012 7:03:39 PM
I actually made money.... I got rid of em as fast as I got them... All of them
Sold basic for 400 and deluxe for 500

All in all, 4 basics and 4 deluxe...quick cash, but still cash. Enough for me to get a wii u, the games I wanted for it, as well as accessories.... And one wii mote plus too!
---
psn/xbl/wii u = libatako
Say sweet thing, can I buy you a fish sandwich?
#23banzaiheilPosted 12/30/2012 7:05:09 PM
manji posted...
i also am highly amused that the people who bought all these systems are now stuck with them.

i remember even when i pre-ordered the system (first one to do so at this store), there was a guy there behind me, don't know how it came up, but he said something like, "or you could sell it on ebay". and my immediate reply was, no, i'm buying it because i want to play it. but then it even got me thinking, wow i could make a couple hundred dollars from this if it was in very high demand or short supply. and i told myself no, i'm not that kind of person because i'm not. i'm so glad i have a good conscience :)

i wasn't sure if wanted it at first and was going to sell it to a friend of mine for obviously the same price i bought it for, plus only whatever the shipping would be.

but after i went to pick it up, i just had to open it. it was pretty much impossible not to. still love it, just waiting for more games.

I really don't understand that mentality. It takes two to make a sale, you know? One to sell it, one to buy it. No one is forcing anyone else to buy at the inflated prices. If I wanted to sell something at a certain price, and someone else agrees that the merchandise is worth that price, why should I feel guilty about that?
---
RAMMSTEIN -Atlanta, GA 04/23/2012
Soooooooo good!
#24tizzywilkillyouPosted 12/30/2012 7:07:23 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
I'm laughing at the people that even bought a single Wii U.

Where the hell do all these trolls come from? New ones seem to surface every single day.

Ignored.
---
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050
#25megax11Posted 12/30/2012 7:16:48 PM
DemonBuffet posted...
And they couldn't sale them for the inflated and ridiculous prices they were asking for for on craigslist. That's what they get!

I bought 2, but they're for my household. I do agree that I think it's cool scalpers and resellers got stuck or even took a loss. Serves them right. However, it's sell, not sale. :P
---
The ALL THINGS GAMING fanboy. PSWiiU60DSPVita FTW! 1356 games and still growing. XBL: GameMaster1178 PSN: megax28 Wii U: GameMaster1178
#26KazeKillPosted 12/30/2012 7:20:32 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...

got mine for close to 200$
I think it was money worth spent so far.
I'll be laughing down the line when they still cost $350 for you guys and it has a bazillion third party and first party games like wii has.
Wait it already does :P "loads vwii"
---
Collect underpants + ? = profit!
"8 is the number of infinity, one more than you know how to be"
#27DiaperDandeePosted 12/30/2012 7:21:55 PM
I don't get how these people get stuck with them, do they not keep the receipt or don't put a high enough price with no reserve on ebay?

If these people are starting them at $0.01 (or another really low price) on ebay and they don't set a reserve and don't get near the amount they need then they deserve to get "screwed" over.
---
Playing (360/WiiU): Halo 4, The Witcher 2, Batman Arkham City Armored Edition, REmake
#28manjiPosted 12/30/2012 7:36:39 PM
banzaiheil posted...
manji posted...
i also am highly amused that the people who bought all these systems are now stuck with them.

i remember even when i pre-ordered the system (first one to do so at this store), there was a guy there behind me, don't know how it came up, but he said something like, "or you could sell it on ebay". and my immediate reply was, no, i'm buying it because i want to play it. but then it even got me thinking, wow i could make a couple hundred dollars from this if it was in very high demand or short supply. and i told myself no, i'm not that kind of person because i'm not. i'm so glad i have a good conscience :)

i wasn't sure if wanted it at first and was going to sell it to a friend of mine for obviously the same price i bought it for, plus only whatever the shipping would be.

but after i went to pick it up, i just had to open it. it was pretty much impossible not to. still love it, just waiting for more games.

I really don't understand that mentality. It takes two to make a sale, you know? One to sell it, one to buy it. No one is forcing anyone else to buy at the inflated prices. If I wanted to sell something at a certain price, and someone else agrees that the merchandise is worth that price, why should I feel guilty about that?

you don't have to feel guilty, but i would. that's all :) i just feel a lot better giving someone a really good, fair or even deal on something. sure, if someone offers me way more than i paid for something, i would certainly be like yea, it's yours. and if everyone is happy, then i am too. but people who intentionally buy something to control supply in order make money, i just kind of feel that's a place i wouldn't go. people do what they do, and that's their thing, so i don't necessarily judge them in a bad way, but i do find it funny when it backfires.
#29sejan12Posted 12/30/2012 7:38:18 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
CaptainMoose posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...

Someone's too poor to afford a WiiU. Sorry bud, I feel for ya.

I can afford it, I'm just choosing not to waste my money on one.

Instead you choose to spend your time trolling message boards. Sorry, but I find much more enjoyment playing games.
#30Kou-NurasakaPosted 12/30/2012 7:59:22 PM
I've been a pretty strong Nintendo supporter for many years, but I have no desire to buy a Wii U.

The only reason I bought a Wii was for SSBB and eventually Skyward Sword. Cue poorly implemented "cutting edge" motion controls for Zelda...

I'm not buying gimmicks. Period.