WiiU is dead in UK

#51DeathSoul2000Posted 12/31/2012 9:39:33 AM
STE573 posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...
STE573 posted...
how can people not be aware?

1. the wii has been out for SIX YEARS. you would've thought that would be a pretty good indicator that its a new console.
2. new game packaging. that one should always be a pretty obvious sign.
3. hello new controller?

you'd literally have to be too dumb to live to not figure out its a new console.

It's just not advertised, that is why, if you aren't in the gaming loop you most likely don't know what one is here in the UK. How are people not getting this? Am I speaking in riddles or something?

i'm sorry, can people not SEE the bright blue boxes with the new banner on the top or the console boxes with the gamepad right in your face in shops anywhere?
#52MotiJrPosted 12/31/2012 9:42:05 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
STE573 posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...
STE573 posted...

1. the wii has been out for SIX YEARS. you would've thought that would be a pretty good indicator that its a new console.
3. hello new controller?

you'd literally have to be too dumb to live to not figure out its a new console.

It's just not advertised, that is why, if you aren't in the gaming loop you most likely don't know what one is here in the UK. How are people not getting this? Am I speaking in riddles or something?

i'm sorry, can people not SEE the bright blue boxes with the new banner on the top or the console boxes with the gamepad right in your face in shops anywhere?

Seeing isn't advertising.
---
Fanboys are a cancer to gaming but Sony fanboys are a particularly aggressive and repulsive form.
#53DeathSoul2000Posted 12/31/2012 9:46:19 AM
MotiJr posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...
STE573 posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...
STE573 posted...

3. hello new controller?

yes it is. people go into shops every day, don't tell me they "conveniently" miss the blue wii u cases and banners advertising the wii u when they browse a games store or games section.
#54TMW001Posted 12/31/2012 9:48:59 AM
HeaderHog posted...
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...
Everything in the UK is dead. Ive been bashing its decomposing citizens with a cricket bat for weeks now. That said, zombies dont buy consoles man :/

You wins all teh internetz. Alls o dem.

Don't forget PUNCH's big novelty check.
#55MotiJrPosted 12/31/2012 9:54:32 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
MotiJr posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...
STE573 posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...
STE573 posted...

3. hello new controller?

yes it is. people go into shops every day, don't tell me they "conveniently" miss the blue wii u cases and banners advertising the wii u when they browse a games store or games section.

No it isn't. If you see something that doesn't mean you take notice of it. Even if you take notice of it, that doesn't mean you suddenly get all the information on it. If advertising was simply seeing something, adverts on tv would just be an image of a product.
---
Fanboys are a cancer to gaming but Sony fanboys are a particularly aggressive and repulsive form.
#56diving_devil46Posted 12/31/2012 10:05:28 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Exactly, that's the problem in the UK. The thing isn't advertised, so for all the casuals that bought into the Wii concept, they have no idea there's a sequel out.

I think calling it Wii U is a big factor in that. They had so many dumb Wii things like Wii-Play etc that adding the U on doesn't distinctly make it sound like a new console.

All you ever see advertised is the tablet, it doesn't look like anything new to outsiders. The UK part of Europe is just seemingly ignored consistently. I also live in a big town (on the verge of becoming a City) so it isn't due to me being in some remote area, it's just how badly it is being advertised and showed off here.