Anyone else waiting for the Wii U to come with the Day 1 update to buy it?

#1CaioNVPosted 12/31/2012 10:31:38 AM
Uh, they WILL eventually do that, right? The console comes with the update that may brick it and takes super long already bloody installed, right?
I can't be the only one waiting for that to happen. When Nintendo says "Console don't need the brick update anymore!" is when I will buy it. That would make too much sense.
Why don't they just do it already? As I said, I can't be the only one, they will sell even better when they do such a simple thing! /didn'tusegoogle
Also, how wasn't this topic done to death already? This exact topic should happen at least once per day.
---
Let's Blocking:
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj88/Debug_Mode/sf3_2.png
#2LuigisBroPosted 12/31/2012 10:35:41 AM
you'll have to wait a long time cause it won't until after they sell their 6M batch of launch units
---
2013 megatons - 3DS redesign with no 3D, WiiU flops, DS player for WiiU, no new PS or Xbox
#3NiftyManZPosted 12/31/2012 10:41:49 AM
Any wii u update where you cut power will brick the console. The first one has a higher rate due to the 1 hour download/install time. But it will most likely be middle 2013, at least that's my estimate. I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you are waiting to get the system preinstalled, it's at least a few months. If you get bad luck and the console bricks, you wait a few weeks for Nintendo to get you a new one.
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#4Paddle008Posted 12/31/2012 10:42:32 AM
All System updates can brick the console, it's by design to stop hacking and such. By the time it comes with that update installed there will just be another one to download anyway.
#5CaioNV(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2012 10:43:50 AM
/\ That worries me. I'm form Brazil, it will be very difficulty and annoying to send a bricked console and get a new one to Nintendo...
AAAAAHH!
---
Let's Blocking:
#6JobocanPosted 12/31/2012 10:45:18 AM
The update won't brick your system if you have more than 1 brain cell in your head, so you probably shouldn't worry. I mean, you have to be REALLY stupid to unplug any game console while it's updating.

I don't see what the problem is with waiting 30 minutes to an hour for the update to get installed... It's gonna have to happen through the system's life anyways, like it does with the PS3 and 360. Might as well get used to it. Yesterday I bought Halo 4 and had to wait 3 hours to play it because my 360 had 2 or 3 updates to install (mostly because I haven't used the 360 in months), and the game had 1... this is just how gaming is now. Yes it sucks, yes I'd like gaming to be like it used to (IE: insert cartridge, start playing right away), but there's nothing we can do against it... just do something else while waiting.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection
#7GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 12/31/2012 10:45:36 AM
I'm not buying the damn thing until theres been a decent price cut and at least 5 AAA games that I can't get on PC or another platform. As well as about 8-10 multiplats that arent poorly coded ****ty lazy ports

I'm not getting sucked into Nintendos paperweight shenanigans this time. **** that
---
"Dragon Age 2 was a train wreck the entire game, ME3 was like screaming rollercoaster that ran out of track and everyone died." -nIMr0D888
#8NiftyManZPosted 12/31/2012 10:47:18 AM
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
I'm not buying the damn thing until theres been a decent price cut and at least 5 AAA games that I can't get on PC or another platform. As well as about 8-10 multiplats that arent poorly coded ****ty lazy ports

I'm not getting sucked into Nintendos paperweight shenanigans this time. **** that

I'm sorry?
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#9CaioNV(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2012 10:50:28 AM
Jobocan posted...
The update won't brick your system if you have more than 1 brain cell in your head, so you probably shouldn't worry. I mean, you have to be REALLY stupid to unplug any game console while it's updating.

Apparently, the internet cutting out can also brick the console. And my internet knows how to cut out exactly when it mustn't. I can spend hours and hours on GameFAQs with literally no problem, but I turn on an online game and it may start to crash. (Obviously, not always).
Well, if that happens, **** the world.
---
Let's Blocking:
#10Paddle008Posted 12/31/2012 10:52:41 AM
Power Outages also.