Wii U sales tanking in US and Euro, PS vita outsells it in Euro last week

#171DTY3Posted 1/1/2013 4:41:13 PM
Sailor Goon posted...
DTY3 posted...
Id like to see where the 6+4=11 quote came from.

It came from the troll Aceandjunpei having zero reading comprehension skills, when I talked about Vita sales. I had mentioned 600,000+ sales plus 400,000 sales plus additional worldwide sales equalling 1.1 million. He took it as 600,000+400,000=1.1 million. The other trolls took it from there with their unhealthy obsession with me.

Oh so youre the one who made the 6+4=11 quote.

D'awww.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#172beetle717Posted 1/1/2013 5:07:29 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#173kdognumba1Posted 1/1/2013 5:18:36 PM
For the amount of systems that were available in retail especially compared to everything else, considering the fact that it's a new system that wasn't on sale like everything else and also considering the fact that many of the games it launched with have been out on other platforms for months I'd say it's doing pretty well.

You have to think, the supply of 360's, PS3's, 3DS's and Vita's is more then ample as they've been building up stock for a while. This is especially true for 360 and PS3 which have been out for 6 years, 7 years and have had time to build up a huge inventory, not to mention a huge catalog of games. Because they've been out for quite some time, the inventory of the systems are so huge and the catalogs are pretty lengthy, there will be tons of sales and lots of inventory to sell.

Wii U, unlike 3DS and Wii, which have both been selling pretty strongly during the holiday time, doesn't have the type of inventory the other systems have, nor will it have sales on games at its launch. If the sales were tanking, it wouldn't of even gotten where its currently at.

/Common sense
---
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#174kyomagi(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2013 5:27:16 PM
kdognumba1 posted...
For the amount of systems that were available in retail especially compared to everything else, considering the fact that it's a new system that wasn't on sale like everything else and also considering the fact that many of the games it launched with have been out on other platforms for months I'd say it's doing pretty well.

You have to think, the supply of 360's, PS3's, 3DS's and Vita's is more then ample as they've been building up stock for a while. This is especially true for 360 and PS3 which have been out for 6 years, 7 years and have had time to build up a huge inventory, not to mention a huge catalog of games. Because they've been out for quite some time, the inventory of the systems are so huge and the catalogs are pretty lengthy, there will be tons of sales and lots of inventory to sell.

Wii U, unlike 3DS and Wii, which have both been selling pretty strongly during the holiday time, doesn't have the type of inventory the other systems have, nor will it have sales on games at its launch. If the sales were tanking, it wouldn't of even gotten where its currently at.

/Common sense

>Wii U's in short supply?
http://postimage.org/image/v2af063pj/

Its pretty bad when a 7 y/o console thats only $50 less than your basic system outsells it by 2x
---
Magistarkyo - PSN; kyoakuma - 360
PSN Profile - http://psnprofiles.com/magistarkyo
#175kyomagi(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2013 5:28:55 PM
beetle717 posted...

Which isn't the revevant number to compare too. You need to look at the same poi.ts in the console life cycle.

what a console did 7 years ago has nothing to do with the right now.

the wii u got beat, and beat bad last month
---
Magistarkyo - PSN; kyoakuma - 360
PSN Profile - http://psnprofiles.com/magistarkyo
#176darkjedilinkPosted 1/1/2013 5:46:12 PM
kyomagi posted...
beetle717 posted...

Which isn't the revevant number to compare too. You need to look at the same poi.ts in the console life cycle.

Again, so did the PS3 and 360 when they launched.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#177FlyinTonitePosted 1/1/2013 5:55:33 PM
darkjedilink posted...
kyomagi posted...
beetle717 posted...

ignore kyomagi... he's a hardcore troll.
---
Apathetic since I don't care when.
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#178DiscostewSMPosted 1/1/2013 6:04:53 PM
kyomagi posted...
Its pretty bad when a 7 y/o console thats only $50 less than your basic system outsells it by 2x

Kinda reminds me when the 360/PS3 weren't selling well against their predecessors.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#179geneticsftwPosted 1/1/2013 6:07:11 PM
darkjedilink posted...
kyomagi posted...
beetle717 posted...

___
#180beetle717Posted 1/2/2013 3:32:22 AM
kyomagi posted...
beetle717 posted...

What it did 7 years ago is comperable to Wii U's numbers now because it was the same point in the console's life. That was the launch, this is the Wii U's Launch. PS3 and 360 are established consoles. Look at Wii U's sales in 7 years and then compare them to now. It's really a simple concept for anyone with a sense of logic.
---
Why is it my dog can hold it's bladder for 8 hours while I'm at work but only 25 mins when I'm home?