Wii U sales tanking in US and Euro, PS vita outsells it in Euro last week

#61SuperShyGuy9000Posted 12/31/2012 3:28:02 PM
kyomagi posted...
squatch22 posted...
kyomagi posted...
darkjedilink posted

Again, if you're going to try and bash the Wii U, you gotta come up with something that hasn't been commonplace since the birth of gaming.

again, whos talking about launches? I am talking about the right now. Right now, people see the xbox and ps3 have better/ will be getting better games down the road. the only third party you are getting is Bayonetta, and that in it self wont be enough to push systems.

So what excuse will u come up with when NextBox/PS4 are outsold by currently available consoles?

depends on the price. When you can buy a wii u for $50 more than a 360 right, now, there is no excuse for it to be outsold 4:1

Now if sony and M$ price the ps3 and xbox under $150, I wont be surprised.

But again, there is no excuse for a current gen wii u to be outsold over $50

Unless it was the $99 bundle. S220 Halo bundle, and the $250 Kinect bundle that were most popular models this season.
#62DynheartPosted 12/31/2012 3:30:24 PM(edited)
Fargo22 posted...
No wonder the Wii U is tanking... not a lot of (good) games for it yet :(

All consoles are like this at launch, though.

The people who say "nuh uh!" Are the people who are enjoying the Wii U's launch right now!

But there's a launch window to consider...and it looks bleak. I've been through tons of console releases (first console was the Odyssey) and all consoles were like this. Even the NES. It was great back in the day because it was new, different...and it was saving a dying hobby. Look back on those games now. It was very meh. The launch window was no better.

Same for SNES. Back then, though, Mario was still fresh. Now? People pi** in his Wheaties for just existing. But the launch and launch window was just as bad...so was the genesis.

I mean, I can go on forever. But launches are never good, nor are the windows. Developers make budget titles for the new console so they get games out as fast as possible; because they usually get the devkits pretty late. Ports? They are always just some up-resed game. Thing is...resolution, at least for TV's (the affordable ones), really haven't gotten past 720-1080p. So up-resing a game isn't gonna work anymore.

It's selling as well as a console is going to sell against consoles that are still busting out AAA titles late in their lifespan. Remember the Xbox 1,.5 rant? Yea.....that stopped as soon as people saw GoW 1. Rest is history.

All the Wii U needs is that one game (it's GoW showing), and the thing will sell. We probably wont see that until E3.
---
Currently suffering Final Fantasy XIII-2
#63Fargo22Posted 12/31/2012 3:34:12 PM
Actually, I wasn't trying to put the system down ya know...

I own a Wii U for one thing, and I enjoy the few games I have for it. But, from what predictions I have heard about the near future (at least) is that there aren't many 3rd party games/exclusives that are coming to Wii U any time soon.

I agree that any lauch will have a lack of games that are "interesting" to a wide group of people, but Nintendo better do something to reel in 3rd parties a little batter, or Wii U will suffer greatly.

Honestly, I don't want Nintendo to fail. I just wish they had a better start, that's all...

Pikmin 3.............
---
GAMER 4 LIFE :P
#64Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/31/2012 3:35:06 PM
SuperShyGuy9000 posted...
kyomagi posted...
squatch22 posted...
kyomagi posted...
darkjedilink posted

Again, if you're going to try and bash the Wii U, you gotta come up with something that hasn't been commonplace since the birth of gaming.

again, whos talking about launches? I am talking about the right now. Right now, people see the xbox and ps3 have better/ will be getting better games down the road. the only third party you are getting is Bayonetta, and that in it self wont be enough to push systems.

So what excuse will u come up with when NextBox/PS4 are outsold by currently available consoles?

depends on the price. When you can buy a wii u for $50 more than a 360 right, now, there is no excuse for it to be outsold 4:1

Now if sony and M$ price the ps3 and xbox under $150, I wont be surprised.

But again, there is no excuse for a current gen wii u to be outsold over $50

Unless it was the $99 bundle. S220 Halo bundle, and the $250 Kinect bundle that were most popular models this season.

$99 Contract deal actually cost $220($15 a month Xbox Live, when it's normally $10, so that's $120 extra + $99 = $219

Halo bundle is $350 and 4gb Kinect is $250

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/consoles/xbox-360-320gb-limited-edition-halo-4-console/103352
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#65darkjedilinkPosted 12/31/2012 3:41:38 PM
kyomagi posted...
darkjedilink posted

Uhhh, right now IS a launch. For the Wii U. Since you keep bringing up Wii U sales, which means you're talking about Wii U launch numbers. Wii U launch numbers are better than 360 and PS3 launch numbers combined. Yes, those systems' current sales are beating Wii U sales, but - as has been pointed out many times, and is a point you keep choosing to ignore - previous generation consoles routinely outsell new generation consoles at a new console's launch. The NES beat out the Genesis and SNES. The SNES beat out the PS1 and Saturn. The PS1 beat out the Dreamcast and GameCube. The PS2 beat out the 360 and PS3. The only two consoles to actually beat previous-generation console sales at launch are the PS2 and the Wii (and I may be wrong about the WII, but I don't think the PS2 was outselling it at launch). As such, you continuing to suggest that the Wii U is failing because the 360 and PS3 are beating it is just stupidity on your part.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#66Sailor GoonPosted 12/31/2012 3:43:23 PM
darkjedilink posted...
kyomagi posted...
darkjedilink posted

Uhhh, right now IS a launch. For the Wii U. Since you keep bringing up Wii U sales, which means you're talking about Wii U launch numbers. Wii U launch numbers are better than 360 and PS3 launch numbers combined. Yes, those systems' current sales are beating Wii U sales, but - as has been pointed out many times, and is a point you keep choosing to ignore - previous generation consoles routinely outsell new generation consoles at a new console's launch. The NES beat out the Genesis and SNES. The SNES beat out the PS1 and Saturn. The PS1 beat out the Dreamcast and GameCube. The PS2 beat out the 360 and PS3. The only two consoles to actually beat previous-generation console sales at launch are the PS2 and the Wii (and I may be wrong about the WII, but I don't think the PS2 was outselling it at launch). As such, you continuing to suggest that the Wii U is failing because the 360 and PS3 are beating it is just stupidity on your part.

No, the Wii U is failing because its sales have dropped by over 50% in just 2 weeks
---
As told to me by Gamefaqs admin: They hire 17 year olds as moderators!
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#67Fargo22Posted 12/31/2012 3:43:29 PM
There are WAY more games and exclusives for PS3 and 360 right now. Let's just see what the Wii U does over the next year, shall we? I am hoping that some great stuff comes out for it...
---
#68StickMen1090Posted 12/31/2012 3:44:15 PM
Fargo22 posted...
There are WAY more games and exclusives for PS3 and 360 right now. Let's just see what the Wii U does over the next year, shall we? I am hoping that some great stuff comes out for it...

is that not the case for every previous gen console...
#69PendragoonPosted 12/31/2012 3:46:21 PM
So, how much longer until the Wii U surpasses the Vita's worldwide sales? Based on my estimates that it less than a month out...

But still, I'll wait for NPD numbers to come out before I believe VGChartz, they are never right with their estimates...
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#70Fargo22Posted 12/31/2012 3:47:24 PM
My point was that PS3 and 360 are, in my opinion, more appealing to most gamers at the moment. Yes, that was sort of a "duh" comment, but comparing the Wii U to the PS3 and 360 right now is as pointless filling a car's gas tank with water. You can't get anywhere with those kinds of comparisons.
---