The freezing problem is just atrocious. This is the worst Nintendo console.

#1XXXB0BXXXPosted 1/1/2013 9:31:15 AM
I love the games for it, but my love for it is being tested greatly. Mine freezes on a weekly basis. Does anyone elses do this?
---
The PS2 was a garbage system and only had 1 good game: San Andreas.
#2VeggieKoopaPosted 1/1/2013 9:33:16 AM
Mine never has.
#3Enigma149Posted 1/1/2013 9:37:27 AM
Not mine.
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; PSN: CrimsonEnigma (not currently in use)
'If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature' -squatch
#4Nintendo_ClerkPosted 1/1/2013 1:49:58 PM
My system hasn't had a freeze problem once, loading from menu to menu isn't bad like most people want to say, at least after the two initial updates, and the system looks, sounds and runs great. With that said, there are a few key problems, some worse than others, one is loading into Wii mode is unbelievably slow, I hate it with a passion, but not as much as the ridiculously short battery life on the gamepad.

Mind you I keep it on the lowest brightness at all times, sound off and when I'm playing something like Mario U, I use the Wii remote and shut the screen off on the gamepad, this is an absolutely terrible battery. Luckily Nintendo can do things to fix it via update, the controller should shut off when not in use for a few minutes like the Wii remote. The Wii remote should also be an option for, at the very least, the video playback apps, specifically Netflix. I love how the screen displays information about what I'm watching and all that, but it doesn't need to be on for longer than five minutes.
---
Obama - 2012
#5ZeroArcheryPosted 1/1/2013 1:53:18 PM
I've had the freezing problem twice since I got the Wii U.

Once on Nintendo Land, then once on Tank! Tank! Tank!

I think it happened from trying to start the game without letting my console turn on fully. Like, hit the game before the picture even shows up on the disc spot.

After that, it works just fine.
---
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua
#6wingo84Posted 1/1/2013 1:57:00 PM
Assassins Creed 3 has caused my console to freeze up loads... BUT, i'm gonna put that down to the game since it's just crazily buggy
---
NNID - Wingo84
#7MotiJrPosted 1/1/2013 1:57:56 PM
Freezing issue?
---
Fanboys are a cancer to gaming but Sony fanboys are a particularly aggressive and repulsive form.
#8jwillennPosted 1/1/2013 2:01:45 PM(edited)
I'm going ape &&&& over here because my system has locked up three times today playing Sonic Racing Transformed. I've been enjoying the game immensely but THIS has been killing my joy. I'm using an external hdd so naturally I'm concerned about data corruption and bad sectors. For it to have happened three times today in short sessions (I've had longer sessions on many other days without any freezing) has me feeling like a bad habit has developed meaning it's not just glitchy software anymore but the combination of that AND something now gone wrong with my external hdd and possibly Wii U...
#9PaladinrjaPosted 1/1/2013 2:01:15 PM
Only once, playing AC3 though I was fooling around with sound options alot before I started the game. Didn't reboot so coulda been that. I could turn the system off at the gamepad so it didn't fully lock.
#10Leo_BlakenPosted 1/1/2013 2:02:20 PM
I had the freezing issue a few times.... is there an official response about this?
Did someone already called Nintendo?

For me is in ACIII while running around towns and Sonic Transformed a lot of times...
---
LOL at things in life
Hitbox!