You would have to be CRAZY to buy 3rd party retail games on eshop

#1protect_badgersPosted 1/1/2013 9:36:36 AM
With Nintendo, it is more reasonable :

1. Nintendo game will keep its full value at retail in most case for a very long time.
2. The Nintendo game is the highest quality, and you will probably never want to resell it anyhow.
3. The Nintendo game will give you pride to see it on your console, not regret for paying full price for a medicore 3rd party game
4. If you were smart and bought the Delux like me, you have a promotion and get 10% back on your purchase - why not do that?
5. Nintendo will give you more coins for buying online, nice bonus - I buy most of my 'small' VC/eshop games with coins now.

Where as with Zombi U, I am somewhat interested, but will wait for the inevitable 3 month price drop at retail - buying it on eshop would be crazy.

OF course, you can still buy Nintendo games at retail and be smart, but until 3rd parties can make games as good as 1rst party ones, you are wasting your money. Truth.
---
Trolling don't keep WiiU from selling.....neither can Pachter. So......be cool, be U.
#2Virus66Posted 1/1/2013 10:11:03 AM
I bought Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed on eshop. I don't see why it's such a bad thing. I got my Digital Deluxe Promotion points plus the Club Nintendo coins for it. I couldn't get those otherwise if I bought retail
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
Smash Bros Mains- Samus, Ness, Pit
#3ProtoManEXE88Posted 1/1/2013 10:16:51 AM
Yes, clearly not a single third party game will ever be as good as a first party game.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#4LeichtspeedPosted 1/1/2013 10:18:40 AM
what is this i don't even
---
The reaper is always just a step behind me...
#5GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 1/1/2013 10:23:22 AM
protect_badgers posted...

1. Nintendo game will keep its full value at retail in most case for a very long time.
2. The Nintendo game is the highest quality, and you will probably never want to resell it anyhow.
3. The Nintendo game will give you pride to see it on your console, not regret for paying full price for a medicore 3rd party game
4. If you were smart and bought the Delux like me, you have a promotion and get 10% back on your purchase - why not do that?
5. Nintendo will give you more coins for buying online, nice bonus - I buy most of my 'small' VC/eshop games with coins now.

Where as with Zombi U, I am somewhat interested, but will wait for the inevitable 3 month price drop at retail - buying it on eshop would be crazy.

OF course, you can still buy Nintendo games at retail and be smart, but until 3rd parties can make games as good as 1rst party ones, you are wasting your money. Truth.

Account Created Monday, October 29, 2012 7:29 AM

Sure is Nintendo forum plant sock puppet, doing what Nintendo does best; trying to sabotage its own meager 3rd party supports game sales because they're too greedy to let anyone else get decent software sales on their console if they can help it and get the sales for their own 1st party games instead

Welcome to one of the shining examples of why 3rd parties don't like bothering with non portable nintendo platforms these days guys
---
Guardian Gamer X
"CE's verbal cruelty is only matched by an eight-armed robot beating multiple baby seals."-PursuitandTie
#6ShadowSkill11Posted 1/1/2013 11:06:09 AM

...and that's why the system has a 1.2 attach rate.
#7huyiPosted 1/1/2013 1:42:23 PM
You would have to be CRAZY to buy 3rd party retail games on eshop

you would have to be crazy to buy anything digital from the nintendo eshop full stop, that is if you are some rich kid with mommy and daddies credit card at our disposal.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#8protect_badgers(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2013 2:00:41 PM
ShadowSkill11 posted...

...and that's why the system has a 1.2 attach rate.

I have bought 4 games, myself.

NSMBU - NINTENDO
NINTENDOLAND - NINTENDO
NANO ASSAULT - SHIREN
LEGO CITY - PUBLISHED BY NINTENDO, Preorder.

I am doing MY part, buy not buying ANY 3rd party retail games on eshop. Lol @ the guy who bought Sonic Racing off of it - that will be bargain bin in a very short while. I am not buying no bargain bin Mario Kart, not even out of a bargain bin!
---
Trolling don't keep WiiU from selling.....neither can Pachter. So......be cool, be U.
#9KroganBallEaterPosted 1/1/2013 2:03:00 PM

stopped reading there.

Nintendo has more mediocre games on the Eshop than anyone right now.
#10protect_badgers(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2013 2:10:46 PM
KroganBallEater posted...

stopped reading there.

Nintendo has more mediocre games on the Eshop than anyone right now.

you probably never STARTED reading, as you apparently are int eh dark knowing Nintendo games have BY FAR the highest RESALE VALUE due to quality. So.....your point is?

let me paint a picture, since you cant read :

*I served the ball, you stuck up your racket the ball bounced up lazily into my court. I slammed it with the power of a tiger and it smacked straight into your forehead. GAME. SET. MATCH!*
---