Why do people complain about the update being long?

#1Wiiplayer111Posted 1/1/2013 10:09:24 AM
Mine finished before the Christmas episode of Spongebob ended. So 15-25 minutes. I couldn't believe that was the update people complained about. I went back and hit the update button but it said it was up to date.
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#2HeaderHogPosted 1/1/2013 10:11:01 AM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
Mine finished before the Christmas episode of Spongebob ended. So 15-25 minutes. I couldn't believe that was the update people complained about. I went back and hit the update button but it said it was up to date.

People just complain that there is an update at all.
And it gets REALLY long when hundreds of thousands of people around the world update at the same time.
---
I used to say Waluigi sucked.
Then I took a golf ball to the knee.
#3Wiiplayer111(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2013 10:12:57 AM
HeaderHog posted...
Wiiplayer111 posted...

People just complain that there is an update at all.
And it gets REALLY long when hundreds of thousands of people around the world update at the same time.

Well all new consoles/PCs need to be updated. But I was still amazed that people made such a big deal out of that.
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#4MuryoPosted 1/1/2013 10:13:37 AM
Mine was about 50 mins, killed time by prepping old wii for Data transfer and watching Real Ghostbusters eps. :)
#5PaladinrjaPosted 1/1/2013 10:18:22 AM
I got the console week 1. Update took less than 45 mins on mobile tethering. In comparison the update I did for a game on PS3 took longer however that could be signal degredation, I live in a remote area.
#6MARl0Posted 1/1/2013 10:29:21 AM
Depended on when you did the update. I got mine on launch day, and the update took over an hour. But I got my nephew a Wii U for christmas, and we took care of the update here a few days after christmas, and it took less than 30 minutes because of fewer people updating at the time.
---
Currently playing: Assassin's Creed III (Wii U)
#7garaa682Posted 1/1/2013 10:29:32 AM
ITT: People can't have a slower download speed than you.

It can take hours for some people. Took me 1
---
Hooch is crazy.
PSN/XBL: Razorbackfan682, Steam: packersfan682
#8Baha05Posted 1/1/2013 10:30:35 AM
Because people sometimes forget that during heavy traffic these things could take a lot longer and might be more used to games and systems having smaller patches and updates.
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz