Itsa me Mario! I've ran out of innovation

#11LinetrixPosted 1/1/2013 11:19:14 AM
squatch22 posted...
Linetrix posted...
Uhh, Nintendo games get high rates only for being slightly different than past games..

Paper Mario on 3DS says Hello.

Does he?
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#12Baha05Posted 1/1/2013 11:19:56 AM
Linetrix posted...
Uhh, Nintendo games get high rates only for being slightly different than past games. That's how low Nintendo has gotten. Reviewers, out of pity, will give Nintendo a 10 for something that isn't just another rehash.

It's like giving the dumb kid an A just to encourage him and give him hope to do better next time.

Well except Galaxy was pretty damn different for a 3D Mario Game (And considering it's the 3rd and 4th 3D Mario game also makes the point clear)

While the NSMB series is repetitive they looked like they were going for different things (Though NSMB 2 is by far the weakest)
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz
#13Shadowbird_RHPosted 1/1/2013 11:20:02 AM
So long as it keeps its massive selling power, Nintendo won't change the base formula enough to spoil the recipe.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#14NoJobBob(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2013 11:21:41 AM
Why are you talking about paper mario??? thats completely different
#15ElGadoPosted 1/1/2013 11:27:26 AM
Linetrix posted...
Nintendo died with the N64.

This.
#16DTY3Posted 1/1/2013 11:27:45 AM
NoJobBob posted...

-_____-
Is this a parody topic?
"MARIO GAMES ARE ALL DA SAEM!!"

"what about Paper Mario...l

"NO ITZ COMPLEETLEE DIFFRENT!!"
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#17NoJobBob(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2013 11:28:24 AM
DTY3 posted...
NoJobBob posted...

-_____-
Is this a parody topic?
"MARIO GAMES ARE ALL DA SAEM!!"

"what about Paper Mario...l

"NO ITZ COMPLEETLEE DIFFRENT!!"

obviously talking about the platforming series. not the spinoffs
#18Fargo22Posted 1/1/2013 11:28:24 AM
The NSMB series is, for the most part, a quick cash-in. A way for Nintendo to keep going a little further, so to speak. None of those games are truly good or unique, but they sell really well, and Nintendo sees that.

Why don't they change the formula? Because enough people buy the games to make them "popular". They are fairly simple to learn, but difficult to master. The added multiplayer can make for an interesting party experience, but ultimately Nintendo repackages the same game over and over again. I believe it is getting stale.

No, wait. It has been stale for a while now.

Sadly to say, Galaxy 2 was kind of a cash in as well. Although several new ideas were implemented, 2 played almost exactly like Galaxy. Galaxy was great. It is just a shame that 2 couldn't have been a little more innovative or different...

...but again, why mess with a winning formula, right? I hope Nintendo can mix things up again in the future, though.
---
GAMER 4 LIFE :P
#19guedesbrawlPosted 1/1/2013 11:28:28 AM
i see not how they didn't innovate. the games have the same style,but 97% of the levels are completely and utterly new.the only exceptions are the classic dlc pack for NSMB2 and a few World S levels.
latter 120 stars of both galaxy games are plausible,though.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#20Tsutarja495Posted 1/1/2013 11:29:11 AM
NoJobBob posted...

So you're complaining about how Mario games aren't different enough, and then when someone brings up a Mario game that is different, you say that doesn't count? What do you want?

There's also 3D Land, even though I didn't like it, a lot of people said they did.