Itsa me Mario! I've ran out of innovation

#31DTY3Posted 1/1/2013 11:35:01 AM
NoJobBob posted...
Tsutarja495 posted...
NoJobBob posted...
Why are you talking about paper mario??? thats completely different

So you're complaining about how Mario games aren't different enough, and then when someone brings up a Mario game that is different, you say that doesn't count? What do you want?

There's also 3D Land, even though I didn't like it, a lot of people said they did.

Dont know how to spell it out for you. I mean his main series. I want innovation here like there used to be

Look mar mario 1, mario 2, mario 3, SMW, SM64, Sunshine and then galaxy......All different and fresh....

Then we have been suffocated by rehashes

lol so much bias.

Also you left out Lost Levels, the laziest Mario game ever made.
SMW was SMB3 with (slightly) better graphics. Oh and less powerups. GG.

They even reused the Koopalings.
The only huge change was SMB1>>SMB3.
Mario 2 USA is a ****ing spinoff.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#32Enigma149Posted 1/1/2013 11:35:25 AM
NoJobBob posted...
Tsutarja495 posted...
NoJobBob posted...

So you're complaining about how Mario games aren't different enough, and then when someone brings up a Mario game that is different, you say that doesn't count? What do you want?

There's also 3D Land, even though I didn't like it, a lot of people said they did.

Dont know how to spell it out for you. I mean his main series. I want innovation here like there used to be

Look mar mario 1, mario 2, mario 3, SMW, SM64, Sunshine and then galaxy......All different and fresh....

And look at NSMB, which was different from SMB3 and SMW. And NSMBW, which was the first Mario game with co-op. And while it's true that Galaxy 2 was very similar to Galaxy, innovation isn't needed in every single game.
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; PSN: CrimsonEnigma (not currently in use)
'If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature' -squatch
#33SuperShyGuy9000Posted 1/1/2013 11:35:54 AM
NoJobBob posted...
Tsutarja495 posted...
NoJobBob posted...

Real Super Mario Bros. 2 is the exact same as Super Mario Bros but harder. The US Super Mario 2 is the one that is totally different because it was a different game.

So it goes
NSMB and NSMB2 (the portables) being the same
NSMB Wii and NSMB U being similar since the have the 4 player co-op that the portables don't.
#34NoJobBob(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2013 11:36:37 AM
3d land is a decent game with too short of levels. It's not really fresh. It just tried to combine different elements from past games. It wasn't innovative like any of the games I listed.

Look at 3D land and then look at the other 3D mario games(besides galaxy). it really has nothing on them in terms of new ideas or innovation
#35squatch22Posted 1/1/2013 11:36:53 AM
NoJobBob posted...
What's wrong with wanting innovating in his MAIN series and not constant rehashes? Games mario mario vs sonic in the olympics, paper mario, etc are not going to make me feel better about his main series being turned into garbage

Speaking of Sonic, on the Wii, theres more Sonic platform games than Mario platform games.
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#36NoJobBob(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2013 11:38:03 AM
SuperShyGuy9000 posted...
NoJobBob posted...
Tsutarja495 posted...
NoJobBob posted...

Real Super Mario Bros. 2 is the exact same as Super Mario Bros but harder. The US Super Mario 2 is the one that is totally different because it was a different game.

So it goes
NSMB and NSMB2 (the portables) being the same
NSMB Wii and NSMB U being similar since the have the 4 player co-op that the portables don't.

I don't live in Japan and neither do you. I call it what it's called here

It's not a spinoff. Even if it wasn't a true mario game in the end it became a mario game and was very fresh and innovative
#37DTY3Posted 1/1/2013 11:39:42 AM
Go ahead and tell me how different SMB3 isfrom SMW.

Go ahead. Humor me.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
#38wiiking96Posted 1/1/2013 11:40:15 AM
SMG2 was everything it needed to be. It was a direct sequel to SMG on the same system, and so it played the same. Despite that, it improved upon the original and had tons of new stuff all its own. New bosses, enemies, music, and innovative powerups; more than the recent NSMB titles can say.

I wouldn't say NSMBW was a rehash either, but it was still a step in that general direction.

NSMB2 was a flat out rehash, plain and simple.

NSMBU reuses a lot of stuff from NSMBW, but it's not as bad as NSMB2.

PMSS was both stagnant and fresh at the same time, but the fresh stuff didn't make up for its flaws.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#39NoJobBob(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2013 11:40:59 AM
DTY3 posted...

Go ahead. Humor me.

Not even going to waste my time if you are somehow implying that they are the same. That means you havent played them. I don't toy with ignorance
#40DTY3Posted 1/1/2013 11:42:04 AM
NoJobBob posted...
DTY3 posted...

Go ahead. Humor me.

Not even going to waste my time if you are somehow implying that they are the same. That means you havent played them. I don't toy with ignorance

100% both of them.

I just wanna hear what you think makes them so unique and innovative.
Go on.
---