Itsa me Mario! I've ran out of innovation

#41BuretsuPosted 1/1/2013 10:42:38 AM
NoJobBob posted...
Tsutarja495 posted...
NoJobBob posted...
Why are you talking about paper mario??? thats completely different

So you're complaining about how Mario games aren't different enough, and then when someone brings up a Mario game that is different, you say that doesn't count? What do you want?

There's also 3D Land, even though I didn't like it, a lot of people said they did.

Dont know how to spell it out for you. I mean his main series. I want innovation here like there used to be

Look mar mario 1, mario 2, mario 3, SMW, SM64, Sunshine and then galaxy......All different and fresh....

Then we have been suffocated by rehashes

Mario 2 was pretty much Mario 1 again with some negative powerups. Mario 3 just added a couple new powerups and a world map. SMW added a couple new powerups and Yoshi.

Mario is refinement, not innovation. Is it any wonder that the one game that added a completely new and radically different mechanic, i.e. Sunshine, is one of the most divisive entries in the series?
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#42ElGadoPosted 1/1/2013 10:43:58 AM
DTY3 posted...
NoJobBob posted...
DTY3 posted...
Go ahead and tell me how different SMB3 isfrom SMW.

Go ahead. Humor me.

Not even going to waste my time if you are somehow implying that they are the same. That means you havent played them. I don't toy with ignorance

100% both of them.

I just wanna hear what you think makes them so unique and innovative.
Go on.

Adding shiny graphics to a 2D game doesn't make them better than SMW or SMB3.

NSMB series is stale. And people wanna get on COD.
#43blankempathyPosted 1/1/2013 10:44:12 AM
NoJobBob posted...
DTY3 posted...

Go ahead. Humor me.

Not even going to waste my time if you are somehow implying that they are the same. That means you havent played them. I don't toy with ignorance

Really? You seem to be waist deep in ignorance to me.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#44ElGadoPosted 1/1/2013 10:46:21 AM
Buretsu posted...
NoJobBob posted...
Tsutarja495 posted...
NoJobBob posted...

So you're complaining about how Mario games aren't different enough, and then when someone brings up a Mario game that is different, you say that doesn't count? What do you want?

There's also 3D Land, even though I didn't like it, a lot of people said they did.

Dont know how to spell it out for you. I mean his main series. I want innovation here like there used to be

Look mar mario 1, mario 2, mario 3, SMW, SM64, Sunshine and then galaxy......All different and fresh....

Mario 2 was pretty much Mario 1 again with some negative powerups. Mario 3 just added a couple new powerups and a world map. SMW added a couple new powerups and Yoshi.

Mario is refinement, not innovation. Is it any wonder that the one game that added a completely new and radically different mechanic, i.e. Sunshine, is one of the most divisive entries in the series?

Sunshine would've been perfect if they took out that stupid watercannon. Ever since GC, Nintendo finds a way to screw something up. wtf happened to SM 128.

That being said, Sunshine is still better than both Galaxy games on the merits of free roam.
#45ThatPersonGuyPosted 1/1/2013 10:47:58 AM
Really, the only thing you can blame for this wave of "Mario ran out of innovation" mentality is NSMB2. If that hellspawn never existed, none of this would be happening.
---
Saki, Isaac, Lip, Lyn, and Little Mac for SSB4!
Cailou. "Cuteness never looked this badass" - Chuggaconroy.
#46SexPantherPandaPosted 1/1/2013 10:48:27 AM
Super Mario sunshine was innovation a lot of people hated the fludd but it was not a gimmik it was in game innovation. Then they went backwards with galaxy going linear with waggle controls.
#47DTY3Posted 1/1/2013 10:49:16 AM
ElGado posted...
DTY3 posted...
NoJobBob posted...
DTY3 posted...

Go ahead. Humor me.

100% both of them.

I just wanna hear what you think makes them so unique and innovative.
Go on.

Adding shiny graphics to a 2D game doesn't make them better than SMW or SMB3.

NSMB series is stale. And people wanna get on COD.

I didnt say grahics made anything better. Cute, but try to stay on topic, mkay?
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#48SuperShyGuy9000Posted 1/1/2013 10:49:51 AM
NoJobBob posted...
SuperShyGuy9000 posted...
NoJobBob posted...
Tsutarja495 posted...
NoJobBob posted...

Real Super Mario Bros. 2 is the exact same as Super Mario Bros but harder. The US Super Mario 2 is the one that is totally different because it was a different game.

So it goes
NSMB and NSMB2 (the portables) being the same
NSMB Wii and NSMB U being similar since the have the 4 player co-op that the portables don't.

I don't live in Japan and neither do you. I call it what it's called here

It's not a spinoff. Even if it wasn't a true mario game in the end it became a mario game and was very fresh and innovative

I'm not saying it isn't a real Mario game, they have used characters that came from that game in the main series hell my username is named after on of those character.

What I am saying that what they have done with NSMB and NSMB 2 isn't something new. Personally I think the portables version should have been called "New" Super Mario Land and stayed using those elements and left "New" Super Mario Bros. to consoles.
#49Tsutarja495Posted 1/1/2013 10:51:56 AM
Oh, and NSMB is plenty innovative compared to the original platformers. Before NMSBW, could you play the Mario platformers co-op? And on NSMBU, the Boost Mode is new.
#50dark trunksPosted 1/1/2013 10:52:38 AM
I'm starting the think the people complaining about the lack of originality are also starting to run out of originality themselves.

Another day, and it's the same complaint with slightly different wording being passed off as an entirely new thread that doesn't say anything that hasn't been said before.
---
"If you've got yourself a dream, work hard, believe in yourself because I know dreams can come true."- Dennis DeYoung 1997