Itsa me Mario! I've ran out of innovation

#612wingedangelPosted 1/1/2013 12:21:05 PM
NoJobBob posted...
2wingedangel posted...

My point is Mario is just as good today as it was in the NES days.

you must be out of your damn mind

The nostalgia is strong in this one...
---
Lover of all things cute and pretty. <3
Black 2 FC: 4213-1800-0462
#62DemonDog666Posted 1/1/2013 12:35:29 PM
2wingedangel posted...
The NSMB games are supposed to be the same, since they're going back to 2D platforming. Meanwhile, 3D Land and Paper Mario Sticker Star exist. We're also likely to get a new 3D Mario for the Wii U. When and what that will be, I can't say for sure.

I agree too bad mario was better in the snes, n64 and gamecube days
#63El_ZaggyPosted 1/1/2013 12:36:09 PM
ElGado posted...
Linetrix posted...
Nintendo died with the N64.

This.

this
#64LUlGIPosted 1/1/2013 12:39:42 PM
wtf happened to SM 128.

It became Pikmin.

Do people still not know this? >_>
#65BuretsuPosted 1/1/2013 12:39:48 PM
El_Zaggy posted...
ElGado posted...
Linetrix posted...

This.

this

And the Gamecube. And the DS. And the Wii. And the 3DS. And the Wii U. Nintendo just keeps dying over and over and over again.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#66wiiking96Posted 1/1/2013 12:42:29 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
2wingedangel posted...
The NSMB games are supposed to be the same, since they're going back to 2D platforming. Meanwhile, 3D Land and Paper Mario Sticker Star exist. We're also likely to get a new 3D Mario for the Wii U. When and what that will be, I can't say for sure.

I agree too bad mario was better in the snes, n64 and gamecube days

Aside from the Galaxies, at least.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#67squatch22Posted 1/1/2013 12:44:58 PM
Buretsu posted...
El_Zaggy posted...
ElGado posted...
Linetrix posted...

This.

this

And the Gamecube. And the DS. And the Wii. And the 3DS. And the Wii U. Nintendo just keeps dying over and over and over again.

---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#68DorotimusWitikPosted 1/1/2013 12:47:15 PM
Original poster is willfully ignorant.

SMB -> SMB2 - expansion pack
SMB2 -> SMB3 - adds world maps, improved physics, traveling backwards, more powerups, better level design, etc. but at the core the game still follows the same basic formula of going from point A to point B.
SMB3 -> SMW - Makes a global world map instead of a bunch of small ones that you are bound to at a time. Introduces the ability to save. Reduces number of power ups and removes inventory. Adds new mechanics, yoshi, and has spectacular level design, but at the core see above. Oh, it also added secret exits.

To complain about iterative improvements that don't 'revolutionize' is practically to say SMB3 and SMW shouldn't have existed.
#6928the_King28Posted 1/1/2013 12:47:21 PM
Stop feeding the troll.
#70ZeroArcheryPosted 1/1/2013 12:49:48 PM
Super Mario 3D Land is my favorite Mario Title.
New Super Mario Bros. U is my second favorite Mario Title.

So if this is the direction that is "out of innovation", then why wouldn't the originals be the favorite? Not the newer titles?

I mean generally, as those games received high praise.

I think people are just changing their tastes. When you're first exposed to something new, you're immersed and facinated- which is a lot easier to do at a younger age. As you grow up on that stuff, it seems stale, and you want a new "mind blow".

Though, that's just one guess. I'm 100% sure if you change "Mario" to some new character design, then people would buy the hell out of it and say "Nintendo made a fantastic new IP! They're so original now!"

Please.
---
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua