Itsa me Mario! I've ran out of innovation

#71MarioMan847Posted 1/1/2013 12:53:08 PM
I'll be honest, at first I wasn't happy about the over saturation of Mario sequels....

Until I played them and realized that they're all good games.
---
Video games are awesome.
#72GothicAngel19Posted 1/1/2013 1:04:12 PM
emagdnE posted...
yes, it is a shame that Mario, the savior of gaming, a pioneer who starred in revolutionary games, is now degraded to cheap half-assed games made just to cash in on his legacy

.....but you listed Galaxy as one of them?!

New Super Mario Bros. Wii, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on, can't blame you for lumping it together with the others even though it's the one NSMB where they actually TRIED (it didn't recycle from NSMB like NSMB2 and NSMBU recycled from it, for starters), but you do NOT ****ing lump Galaxy together with that trash!

Nintendo died with the SNES.

Fixed
#73uneedtowakeupPosted 1/1/2013 1:06:37 PM
No the N64 was great.

Nintendo died with the Gamecube, came back for a while with the Wii, and now they are dead with the Wii U..
#74overmaxxPosted 1/1/2013 1:07:19 PM
Why do you people drool so much over "innovation"? I don't get it, it's beyond me, and stupid as hell as far as I can see.

Want to play something different? Pick a different franchise, franchises are made to satisfy the expectations of users, if you don't like that franchise, move on and find one that suits you.

In fact, the notion of "innovation" inside franchises is dangerous, and bad, because it threatens the expectations of consumers when buying a product of that franchise.
If you like something, you want more of it, if you don't, you don't want it. It's that simple.
#75AhnoldDoodPosted 1/1/2013 1:08:17 PM
NoJobBob posted...
Look mar mario 1, mario 2, mario 3, SMW, SM64, Sunshine and then galaxy......All different and fresh....

WHICH Mario 2? The reHASH or the reSKIN? I bet you picked the latter because the other choice would make you look like an idiot.

Not to mention you're friggin' wrong in every way anyway.
#76overmaxxPosted 1/1/2013 1:17:45 PM
overmaxx posted...
Why do you people drool so much over "innovation"? I don't get it, it's beyond me, and stupid as hell as far as I can see.

Want to play something different? Pick a different franchise, franchises are made to satisfy the expectations of users, if you don't like that franchise, move on and find one that suits you.

In fact, the notion of "innovation" inside franchises is dangerous, and bad, because it threatens the expectations of consumers when buying a product of that franchise.
If you like something, you want more of it, if you don't, you don't want it. It's that simple.

Oh and by the way, these same people dreaming of "innovation" are the first ones to come out screaming when stuff like Other M and DmC happen.

So, so funny.
#77RampantBlattPosted 1/1/2013 1:17:55 PM
overmaxx posted...

This is correct.

Not every franchise needs to jump the shark and then run over it with their boat 5 times every new "generation".

And ignoring blatant remakes of the older games (most of our recent Wii/U titles), Mario has jumped the 2D->3D shark quite well considering.

Galaxy 1 and 2 are among the top Mario games, and counting out how many Mario titles there are, that isn't easy to do when every Mario game is solid.

Solid. Not necessarily new. Mario really doesn't need new. Sonic tried new, and look where that went. Generations was barely able to smooth over the fallout of the past 3D titles.

Besides, given the timeframe between Galaxy 1 and 2, we can expect something akin to those two in the next year, maybe 2 years.

Constantly foaming for innovation means that YOU are growing stagnant and drifting away from the plethora of games out right now. Franchises garner fans because of what they are, not what they could be the very next game.

And quite often, when we do finally see innovation, people are freaking out because things are no longer how they used to be.
#78squatch22Posted 1/1/2013 1:20:36 PM
overmaxx posted...
overmaxx posted...

Oh and by the way, these same people dreaming of "innovation" are the first ones to come out screaming when stuff like Other M and DmC happen.

So, so funny.

True
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#79MortimerBrewstrPosted 1/1/2013 1:22:04 PM
Maybe they weren't super innovative, but those games are immensely fun. There is not other franchise that's been around, and been breaking new ground as consistently and successfully as Mario. Maybe there will be more in the future, but those are good game in the mean time. The two Galaxy games are awesome.
---
When your reputation is ruined you can live quite freely.
Low Price Revolution
#80DTY3Posted 1/1/2013 1:23:34 PM
LUlGI posted...
wtf happened to SM 128.

It became Pikmin.

Do people still not know this? >_>

Whaaaat? But I thought Nintendo didnt make new and original games???
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.