Itsa me Mario! I've ran out of innovation

#81Psychofang12001Posted 1/1/2013 1:40:44 PM
All this time I actually thought people wanted 2d Mario games for the sake of nostalgia and etc. is this what happens when companies listen to their fan base? Shove what they want up their throats? Lol
#82Kenichi34Posted 1/1/2013 1:54:04 PM
New Super Mario Bros. is supposed to be the 2D series that harkens back to Mario's old-school platforming days, though I do agree that with every entry to it each game just feels identical to one another and lacking that innovation and newness the old 2D Marios got after every entry.

But including Galaxy in your list? No. Get your facts straight.
---
GT: Kenichi340
"What was the point of that pregnant pause!?" - Edgeworth
#83Teh_TiltyuPosted 1/1/2013 2:00:04 PM
i love how people seriously think SMW wasn't a poor attempt at SMB3 with broken powerups and bland level design (i mean when the last stage on the special world is a straight line you know they were lazy)
---
http://i.imgur.com/aONxd.png http://i.imgur.com/KjeJa.png
#84johnluke728Posted 1/1/2013 2:11:44 PM
Tsutarja495 posted...
NoJobBob posted...
Why are you talking about paper mario??? thats completely different

So you're complaining about how Mario games aren't different enough, and then when someone brings up a Mario game that is different, you say that doesn't count? What do you want?

This, a thousand times this!

emagdnE posted...
Nintendo died with the Gamecube.
fixed

Best fix ever man, here's a power star!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_1KWYMnsHQ
---
http://shantaefanforums.tk/ <-- Huge fan of the Shantae games? Then you should check the first fan forum that's all about the belly-dancing half-genie!
#85jsb0714Posted 1/1/2013 2:41:56 PM
*Looks at TC's topic.*

As have your topics, TC. As have your topics.
---
"There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not." -Someone who came up with this
#86ADHDguitarPosted 1/1/2013 2:56:24 PM
> Galaxy 2

> Out of innovation

I'm finding it completely impossible to take you seriously.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#87F_WolfPosted 1/1/2013 3:01:46 PM
NoJobBob posted...
DTY3 posted...
NoJobBob posted...

-_____-
Is this a parody topic?
"MARIO GAMES ARE ALL DA SAEM!!"

"what about Paper Mario...l

"NO ITZ COMPLEETLEE DIFFRENT!!"

obviously talking about the platforming series. not the spinoffs

I hate to break it to you, but ALL platforming games are the same, whether or not that star a fat guy in overalls.
#88The_DOAMPosted 1/1/2013 3:04:21 PM
First of yeah their are four NSM games all similar with that music which I've grown to hate especially the wahs and whatnot. But each game was made for a different system DS, Wii, 3ds, and Wii U. So They get a plus here because the alternative is a watered down port much like we see with the Ps3 and PsP/Vita. Nintendo doesn't do watered down ports for their handhelds. Also I believe I'm correct in saying that Miyamoto doesn't have a hand in the new series and due to this i don't hold the New series to Miyamoto standards.
---
Ignorance is Bliss...
#89Geminia999Posted 1/1/2013 3:05:59 PM
Guys, the most original mario game is Yoshi's Island, that is it really. All of the platformers have just been refining what has already pretty damn good in the beginning.
---
[::[_]::]Common sense
[+[_]::]just because you can doesn't mean you should
#90LinetrixPosted 1/1/2013 3:11:36 PM
F_Wolf posted...
NoJobBob posted...
DTY3 posted...
NoJobBob posted...

-_____-
Is this a parody topic?
"MARIO GAMES ARE ALL DA SAEM!!"

"what about Paper Mario...l

"NO ITZ COMPLEETLEE DIFFRENT!!"

obviously talking about the platforming series. not the spinoffs

I hate to break it to you, but ALL platforming games are the same, whether or not that star a fat guy in overalls.

Someone never heard of Little Big Planet.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation