Itsa me Mario! I've ran out of innovation

#91PaperDolphinPosted 1/1/2013 3:12:03 PM
Mario doesn't need "innovation". Give me the hammer suit, Super Mario World music, new world themes and I'm set.
---
Waddle Dee and Toad for SSB4!
#92LindyXMJHPosted 1/1/2013 3:15:43 PM
Even the worst Mario game is still good, that's all there is to it.

Besides, Nintendo needed a good first party release for WiiU, and after the Wii version out sold everything in its mother a few years ago, it made perfect sense to launch with the sequel.

The only reason people are complaining about it is because of NSMB2, which was an odd release made by Nintendo when they knew NSMBU was going to come out a few months later, but if not for that poor timing, there would be no one even making a fuss about too many NSMB games, especially since there's no sign of a NSMB3 or NSMBU2 being made anytime in the near future.
#93TwistedMaestroPosted 1/1/2013 3:30:00 PM
Mario is the most wh**ed character/series ever, and you expect innovation?
#94leet_x1337Posted 1/1/2013 3:38:25 PM
By your count, the last 'innovative' game was Super Mario Sunshine.

Nobody bought it.

See where I'm going with this?
---
Now Playing: closed for business
Re-opening: After the Steam sale ends
#95ColorfulColorsPosted 1/1/2013 3:53:47 PM
Itsa a me, NoJobBob! I've ran out of topic ideas. Oh well, letsa make a troll bait topic!
---
Go on the Wii U board and find a topic where the word fanboy isn't used. Its impossible.
Once the Atari Puma comes out, every console is doomed~SuperShyGuy9000
#96R_ChampPosted 1/1/2013 4:09:49 PM
COD 1,2,3,4, spinoff....
Uncharted 1,2,3, spinoff....
Assasin's Creed 1,2,3, spinoff....
Halo 1,2,3,4, spinoff...
Persona 3, Persona 3 FES, Persona 3 Portable...
Persona 4, Persona 4 Arena, Persona 4 Golden...
God of War, God of War II, God of War III, spinoff...
Little Big Planet, Little Big Planet 2, Little Big Planet Vita...well, the Vita in general at the moment...

I could go on forever...this isn't a new phenomenon. I get people are mad that Nintendo is doing well while not making game they enjoy, but trolling like an idiot without any real weight to your argument is just a joke...a bad one.
#97DynheartPosted 1/1/2013 4:16:52 PM(edited)
It's getting to the point where innovation is overrated. So many games that had potential...wasted on this word.

Trickle it in, have a good idea. Something innovative? Gotta admit, sounds like something we want, but we quickly turn on the developers and call it a gimmick if they don't deliver it EXACTLY how WE (I'm not a picky/jaded gamer, but there are a tons out there) want it, not the developers.

We forget they have a vision, and they want to deliver the vision to us. All we want to do is call them lazy, make the industry about us. Sure we can say there would be no industry without us...there would be no games without them. 2-way street.

Innovation? It's a grey area word if you ask me. People ask it, and when they get it? They don't want it because it's different. "This isn't Mario!" Or whatever. Or they just dismiss it because they deem it as a gimmick.

"Oh, at least they tried"...But then that's when we get games like Other M, and waste a Metroid game, eh? Now we have to wait years for another. But at least they tried...

It's a lose/lose with Innovation. It's a game of Russian roulette, but in reverse. The bullet would actually be the good game. Thing is, the odds are much less in our favor than a 1/6 chance.
---
Currently suffering Final Fantasy XIII-2
#98Joehop007Posted 1/1/2013 4:13:26 PM
What is it you are asking for? New Powerups? New level design?
---
My Game of the Year: Xenoblade Chronicles
"Broke my pipe on some fatass" - RPG_Apostle
#99Sailor GoonPosted 1/1/2013 4:30:51 PM
If you want innovation in a platformer, the Mario series is not the series to look at. Try Rayman.
---
As told to me by Gamefaqs admin: They hire 17 year olds as moderators!
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#100Phantom_NookPosted 1/1/2013 4:35:39 PM
By your count, the last 'innovative' game was Super Mario Sunshine.

Nobody bought it.

What?
---
GT: Tommy XD001
3DS FC: 4682-8954-0442