Wii U Gamepad signal

#1WarioForeverPosted 1/2/2013 1:10:03 AM
Can anyone tell me how far can you be from console with Wii U Gamepad but with the signal? Meters please.
Also tell me if the Gamepad has the signal when you're outside, up/down stairs?
#2FoppePosted 1/2/2013 1:11:42 AM
It depends on how your walls look like, how much metal you got around you, microwave interference, etc.
If your walls are good enough, you will be able to go to the bathroom while still using the gamepad.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#3francwiiPosted 1/2/2013 1:11:45 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4kirbycoolPosted 1/2/2013 1:29:06 AM
I can only go 1 room over with the gamepad before it loses connection. So not very far. Can't even make it to the stairs, let alone go down them.
---
Not changing this sig until my sig changes!
3ds code- 3093-7074-4170
#5AJ2412Posted 1/2/2013 1:32:34 AM
I can only go 1 room over with the gamepad before it loses connection. So not very far. Can't even make it to the stairs, let alone go down them.

This.
I'd say that it's no more than ten or so meters, I guess. Give or take a meter.
---
"The people who hate on Vuvuzela's are the ones who cant play them." -EvilmetalUK
http://i.imgur.com/7iLBp.png By QTx314159 .
#6PG50Posted 1/2/2013 1:40:52 AM
Mine works in my room, around 8 meters away, and the bathroom about 10 meters. In my room it works perfectly fine, even through some walls, albeit thin ones. Though in the bathroom it's less than perfect.
#7WarioForever(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 2:46:17 AM
Well my walls are 28 cm thick, so when I go from my living room where Wii U is (will be), to kitchen, which is next to living room, it will still have a signal despite of walls, right?
#8WarioForever(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 3:13:33 AM
I'll bump cause this is important to me. Please answer the new question which is up here.
#9lightningbugxPosted 1/2/2013 3:51:40 AM(edited)
Sometimes, I wonder how big these houses are that people live in. My house is predominantly a rectangle, 15.24 meters by 9.14 meters (converted from 50 feet by 30 feet). The Wii U is somewhat off from being centrally located, but I can take the gamepad into every room so far while monitoring downloads. The bathroom is just across the hallway, in my case.

And on the note of 28cm thick wall, is your wall a solid 28cm thick? If it is all solid, no signal will pass through it. Wait, 28cm thick is like the length of my foot. Why are the walls in your residence 28cm thick? Well, if it is like 1 to 2 cm thick sheet of wood or drywall, open air and framework, and 1 to 2 cm thick sheet again, it should not matter much, unless the walls have a sheet of metal.
#10WarioForever(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 3:50:21 AM
lightningbugx posted...
Sometimes, I wonder how big these houses are that people live in. My house is predominantly a rectangle, 15.24 meters by 9.14 meters (converted from 50 feet by 30 feet). The Wii U is somewhat off from being centrally located, but I can take the gamepad into every room so far while monitoring downloads. The bathroom is just across the hallway, in my case.

Hey, this is similar with my house what did you said right now, so thanks! :D