Zombiu is probably the best survival horror game I've played

#31Kilikan5670Posted 1/2/2013 7:43:05 AM(edited)
trenton97 posted...
ziraki33 posted...
bond465 posted...
dayz

Was just about to say.

Have you even played DayZ? It's way better than zombiU which I only saw gameplay for the Wii U game.

DayZ is much more challenging and rewarding. been playing it sense Christmas.

Days had mediocre gameplay and wasn't scary at all. The great character development and story were its saving grace. It feels kind of pointless though. You can understand everything in the series without playing it. Even though it's a good game, I'd say its the worst Kingdom Hearts.

DayZ is a zombie game...Not kingdom heart's 358/2(or whatever it is) days.

Edit: Wow! I named that game right. Totally spitballed those numbers.
---
PSN: Kilikan670 SF4AE:Ibuki,Oni,Juri; 3SO:Akuma Sean; TTT2:Leo/Asuka
#32George TrevorPosted 1/2/2013 7:44:26 AM
lazycomplife posted...
It feels polished and play-tested.

No, just, no.

There are too many bugs and glicthes, last night i encountered 2 glitches in less than 15 minutes.

The game was rushed for wiiu's launch, it hasn't been play tested much at all

I called Nintendo today to ask them if they are aware of the fact that it has alot of glitches, they told me they are aware of it but that it's up to Ubisoft to fix them, i asked them Ubisofts phone number, if in a week or so from now a patch is not released i will start calling them on a daily basis.

That being said, it IS a great game but it has flaws that need to be fixed.

Also a few more melee weapons or at least a few more cricket bat swing animations would have been nice, the ability to create or select your own character when you respawn, specially on survivor mode, where you always get to play as that one guy...
---
My Biohazard - RE Collection: youtu.be/1RpMCJiLUck
My Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/AlienGenotype
#33grandabxPosted 1/2/2013 7:48:43 AM
abbeldydoo posted...
I will say it wins of the best survival horror of recent gen.

Resident Evil is hardly survival horror anymore and has not been in a good while,the new Silent Hill is garbage so that doesn't leave much that is actually survival horror and not an action game.

In recent memory the only games that feel like survival horror has been ZombiU and Dark Souls.I don't care what category DS officially falls under,that game felt more survival horror than RE did.

ZombiU is not a bad game and if patched would be very solid.The game also has plenty of room to be expanded and improved on in a sequel.

dead space
#34cavebear56Posted 1/2/2013 8:01:03 AM
Glad you enjoyed it, seems others don't understand what preference is.

Definitely not the best survival horror game I've played (Day Z isn't close either).

George Trevor posted...
There are too many bugs and glicthes, last night i encountered 2 glitches in less than 15 minutes.

2 glitches in less than 15 minutes. Not creating an excuse for Zombi U but I hope you never play a game by Bethesda, or many other developers who have been, and continue to be, far worse.

It's a solid game and polished well enough and polished much more than many games on the PS3, 360, Wii, Wii U *insert all systems* and PC.

Do agree, more variety would've been nice (especially since Dead Island -though a different genre- *which is much more bug/glitch ridden* has a large variety of weapons).
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#35lazycomplife(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 8:46:24 AM
I've played: Silent Hill 2,-4, RE1, Fatal Frame 1&2, Clock Tower 3, Amnesia, and Deadly Premonition. I guess my survival horror background could be more expansive, but ZombiU is near the top of the list.

I would say ZombiU is as good as Fatal Frame. The game IS play-tested, because it feels like the game knows exactly what the user is doing at each part of the game. It messes with your mind. The game couldn't do that without people running through the game many times. I hear there are game-breaking glitches, but I have yet to encounter any. I suppose the game could be a little more polished as far as story goes (I only just finished the Nursery), but for the most part it feels polished. I was expecting a lower quality game, inherent of the genre.

I hope this game does well, so that survival horror lives on. Nobody likes those blockbuster shooters that label themselves as survival horror.
---
Yoshi is my BFF
#36TylerJ33Posted 1/2/2013 9:03:10 AM
abbeldydoo posted...
Theres an item duplication glitch that pretty much breaks the atmosphere.It ruined the game for me,i was running a full inventory of large health packs and ammo at all times no matter if i was on a fresh survivor or not.

I could have just ignored the glitch but it was too irresistible for sommeone as weak as myself.

So dumb it hurts
#37lazycomplife(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 9:22:59 AM
It's possible I like this game so much because of the controller. Without the controller, the game would be like 7/10, but with the controller it's like 9/10.
---
Yoshi is my BFF
#38oldgamingfanPosted 1/2/2013 9:30:09 AM
i agree with tc best survival horror since the first resident evils this game deserves game of the year
---
the end of the world is coming and i am ready
#39lazycomplife(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 9:33:32 AM
ish0turfac3 posted...
hellbringher posted...
If its the best then it's the ONLY one you've played. Nice try.

Yeah those early silent hill games had great controls.

I actually think the bad controls added to the gameplay, and made it more intense. This game doesn't have bad controls, but forces the same ****ing with the controller that you get from good survival horror games.
---
Yoshi is my BFF
#40El_ZaggyPosted 1/2/2013 10:12:37 AM
Its actually far from the best but its the best for the wii u... because its the only one.

Anyway, those who are saying its the best where were you in the last 20 years?