WTF, Newegg?

#1Solid LinkPosted 1/2/2013 8:50:05 AM
Prior to the Wii U launch, I pre-ordered a bunch of stuff through Newegg when they had $12 off ALL video game pre-orders (including Wii U). That means I got both Assassin's Creed 3 and NSMB U for $48 each, about 2 or 3 days after launch, which was nice. I also ordered two Pro Controllers, $38 each, which felt like a bigger victory to me because peripherals rarely go on sale.

The Wii U launch rolls around... I get charged $96, shipping confirmation e-mails for the games and that's it. I check the site, the release date for the controllers is pushed back from 11/18 to 12/31. So I'm like, whatever, it's cheaper than going somewhere else, I'll just wait. Today, I finally go and check the site again, since I STILL haven't gotten charged/e-mailed... Wii U Pro controller: Discontinued. Um, what?

I know this is gonna be read as very "cool story bro," but I just felt like complaining. I've NEVER had any problems with Newegg like this before, and I'm just dumbfounded why they left the order up there for so long before finally cancelling it, without even telling me.

Anyone else have any stories, good or bad, about your Wii U purchases?
---
CM HAF 912|MSI 890FXA-GD65|AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @ 3.4GHz|XFX HD-6870 1GB
Patriot 8GB DDR3 1600|1TB SATA Spinpoint HDD|XFX 650W PSU|ASUS 23" LED LCD
#2Xeeh_BitzPosted 1/2/2013 9:01:48 AM
That's normal for Newegg, they screw up quite often. I've ordered from them around 15 times last year, I'm actually waiting on package today from them which they held for around 24 hours before even giving it to Fed-Ex

The only reason I order from them any more is due to no tax, if not there are other places similar or cheaper than them in price.
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#3kuragari1anonlyPosted 1/2/2013 9:08:54 AM
I preordered from Wal Mart, their overpriced bundle thing. It was supposed to come with a pro controller

Pro controller never came, lol. Had to go get one from Gamestop
---
Destroy them all! Shoot the core!
"I am in awe at your ability to break every game you touch xD" - Capt. McWaffleton
#4Solid Link(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 10:35:27 AM
kuragari1anonly posted...
I preordered from Wal Mart, their overpriced bundle thing. It was supposed to come with a pro controller

Pro controller never came, lol. Had to go get one from Gamestop

In your case, I'd look to complain to somebody since you actually got charged for it. At least in my case, I didn't actually lose money over it.

Sure seems like retailers are being weird with the Pro controller though.
---
CM HAF 912|MSI 890FXA-GD65|AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @ 3.4GHz|XFX HD-6870 1GB
Patriot 8GB DDR3 1600|1TB SATA Spinpoint HDD|XFX 650W PSU|ASUS 23" LED LCD
#5Nate_DihldorffPosted 1/2/2013 10:48:57 AM
Solid Link, you and I have the same problem.

The downside is that nobody has reached out to them yet in regards to this issue.
---
Random GameFAQs user in regards to a used game: "No tutorial since its from GameStop."