WILL developers be willing to downgrade their products for the WiiU? I say no

#1NoJobBobPosted 1/2/2013 12:56:22 PM(edited)
No matter what people want to say, this is a serious freaking problem right here

720/ps4 is going to be serious business with graphics, and developers are going to have to be willing to release lesser products that make creative use out of the gamepad.

A lot of developers do not want to put in that much work technically only to downgrade their games just because a system doesn't have enough power. We've already established that the WiiU is as powerful as the 360 and can probably run ps3 games, but this WONT be the case when they release their new systems. It just won't

Hell, a lot of developers will even think that the gamepad won't even fit with their products, as we've already seen with MGSR. Something like Final Fantasy will probably never see the light of day on the WiiU(besides spinoffs, which is what the Wii saw)

I'm very much a realist. I see a dark and lonely path ahead for the WiiU. I feel like the graphics are strong enough for me, but there's going to have to be developers that will develop games specifically for the WiiU. This probably won't happen, though, as the wii only has one best selling game in the top 25 that isn't nintendo brand
#2DeathSoul2000Posted 1/2/2013 12:56:15 PM
tl;dr.
#3NoJobBob(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 12:56:59 PM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
tl;dr.

translation: I CANT HANDLE DA TRUTH
#4HungoverHero777Posted 1/2/2013 12:57:11 PM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
tl;dr.

lol
---
My ideas for Crash Bandicoot Returns: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64976858
Official "Co-Pun-isher" of the C2 board.
#5Petey_MeanisPosted 1/2/2013 12:57:29 PM
get a job bob.
---
Thick, long and meaty.. Kielbasa sausage
http://i.imgur.com/dHMWV.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6s1RR.gif
#6LightHawKnightPosted 1/2/2013 12:57:33 PM
They downgraded it for the ps2. So there.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#7BuretsuPosted 1/2/2013 12:57:40 PM
Because the PS4 and 720 are absolutely confirmed to be so much stronger than the Wii U.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#8NoJobBob(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 12:58:45 PM
Buretsu posted...
Because the PS4 and 720 are absolutely confirmed to be so much stronger than the Wii U.

Doesn't need to confirmed. Why are they going to release a new system that's just as powerful as their last one?
#9thundercat2600Posted 1/2/2013 12:59:13 PM
Not a chance. Third-party games generally sold like crap on Wii, especially downgraded ports of 360/PS3 games.

I'm sure we'll see a few great third-party Wii U exclusives. As for ports of PS4/Xbox 720 games, it ain't gonna happen.
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#10BuretsuPosted 1/2/2013 12:59:45 PM
NoJobBob posted...
Buretsu posted...

Doesn't need to confirmed. Why are they going to release a new system that's just as powerful as their last one?

lol
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit