WILL developers be willing to downgrade their products for the WiiU? I say no

#21DiscostewSMPosted 1/2/2013 1:45:22 PM
thundercat2600 posted...
Buretsu posted...
Because the PS4 and 720 are absolutely confirmed to be so much stronger than the Wii U.

Wow this is pretty sad.

First, Nintendrones put all their hope in Wii U being some powerful next-gen system.

Now that that has been proven wrong, they're putting all their hope into PS4 and Xbox 720 barely being any powerful than PS3 and 360.

You people are delusional.

Who's to say it isn't powerful? Because what we've seen are games ported from CPU-intensive systems, designed with last-gen hardware in mind, to a console that is moving with the times, and yet is able to handle said games decently despite the change in design. There's a reason why launch 360/PS3 ports didn't have a dramatic improvement over the PS2/Xbox versions. They weren't designed for it, and neither are these PS3/360 ports designed for the Wii U.

As far as "putting hope in a lackluster PS4/720", people took Marcan's word on the Wii U's CPU, yet reject the rumor he said about the 720's CPU following suit.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#22AndoMikePosted 1/2/2013 1:47:05 PM
YES! Another topic to add names to my ignore list!!!
#23xLittlekillxPosted 1/2/2013 1:48:08 PM
I agree with nojobbob. The Wii U is awesome and I'm having so much fun with it. Good topic, bob!
#24R3al1Posted 1/2/2013 1:51:13 PM
WILL NoJobBob ever stop trolling this board? I say no.
#25ADHDguitarPosted 1/2/2013 1:51:58 PM
I think they will.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#26silverbulltPosted 1/2/2013 1:51:58 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
thundercat2600 posted...
Buretsu posted...
Because the PS4 and 720 are absolutely confirmed to be so much stronger than the Wii U.

Wow this is pretty sad.

First, Nintendrones put all their hope in Wii U being some powerful next-gen system.

Now that that has been proven wrong, they're putting all their hope into PS4 and Xbox 720 barely being any powerful than PS3 and 360.

Who's to say it isn't powerful? Because what we've seen are games ported from CPU-intensive systems, designed with last-gen hardware in mind, to a console that is moving with the times, and yet is able to handle said games decently despite the change in design. There's a reason why launch 360/PS3 ports didn't have a dramatic improvement over the PS2/Xbox versions. They weren't designed for it, and neither are these PS3/360 ports designed for the Wii U.

As far as "putting hope in a lackluster PS4/720", people took Marcan's word on the Wii U's CPU, yet reject the rumor he said about the 720's CPU following suit.

Quite a difference having a CPU at hand which you can check/run tests than to have someone make a prediction on an unreleased console.

The funny thing is. The X360 is GPGPU capable and yet devs don't bother with it. Nintendo made the wrong bet, and it will cost them long term. for less than $30, they could have avoided this problem altogether...
---
XBOX360 - It only does everything.
#27xLittlekillxPosted 1/2/2013 1:54:49 PM
silverbullt posted...
DiscostewSM posted...
thundercat2600 posted...
Buretsu posted...

Wow this is pretty sad.

Quite a difference having a CPU at hand which you can check/run tests than to have someone make a prediction on an unreleased console.

The funny thing is. The X360 is GPGPU capable and yet devs don't bother with it. Nintendo made the wrong bet, and it will cost them long term. for less than $30, they could have avoided this problem altogether...

I like your sig. It lets us know right away that you really, really like the xbox.
#28GiantsRgoin2006Posted 1/2/2013 1:57:22 PM
Silly troll, consumers don't buy Nintendo products for third party games.
#29silverbulltPosted 1/2/2013 2:01:36 PM
xLittlekillx posted...
silverbullt posted...
DiscostewSM posted...
thundercat2600 posted...
Buretsu posted...

Wow this is pretty sad.

I like your sig. It lets us know right away that you really, really like the xbox.

I take it this is your way of not being able to disprove my argument.
---
XBOX360 - It only does everything.
#30xLittlekillxPosted 1/2/2013 2:04:43 PM
No, I didn't actually read what you said. Was it super brilliant?