WILL developers be willing to downgrade their products for the WiiU? I say no

#41DalkinPosted 1/2/2013 2:11:20 PM(edited)
Here. Let me put it into perspective.

This is what CURRENT top of the line graphics look like (The next Xbox/PS will be pushing to this level or past it):

http://www.cinemablend.com/images/gallery/s45670/Crysis_3_13449628462269.jpg

This is what Wii U looks like:

http://www.justpushstart.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/new-super-mario-bros-u-hd.jpg

In other words, expect Wii U to get left in the dust just like the Wii did. No one's downgrading their ports. Why? Because its a lot work to make their game look awful.
---
-This post is in no way shape or form a TOS violation-
#42PigfartsPosted 1/2/2013 2:11:09 PM
Some will some will not, the Metro: Last light game is not coming to wii U b/c they said the hardware was too slow. they said they could do it but the work would not be worth it.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#43Kenichi34Posted 1/2/2013 2:12:11 PM
...Downgrade?

If the developers dedicate ACTUAL EFFORT they won't have to "downgrade" on anything. Hell, the Wii U has enough so that nothing outside of being lazy warrants downgrade.
---
GT: Kenichi340
"What was the point of that pregnant pause!?" - Edgeworth
#44DalkinPosted 1/2/2013 2:14:50 PM
Kenichi34 posted...
...Downgrade?

If the developers dedicate ACTUAL EFFORT they won't have to "downgrade" on anything. Hell, the Wii U has enough so that nothing outside of being lazy warrants downgrade.

Yes. Because the devs can magically squeeze water from stone, correct?
---
-This post is in no way shape or form a TOS violation-
#45ThreinfhirPosted 1/2/2013 2:15:49 PM
T_Tangg posted...
I see what you're trying to say. I bought a nintendo wii u to play exclusives. You're right though someone like me would never buy a multiplat game for the Wii U. That's why it's good to have all the systems so you can play the best ports for each system.

I really do hope that the Wii U have some interesting games that the 720 & PS4 doesn't have though. It's all about variety for me.

I kind of messed up this gen because I bought most of my games on PS3. I owned a Xbox360 very late. I'm not doing the same thing next gen though. 720 all the way for me. Don't care for Sony exclusives anymore.

If developers are going to continue making their games first on XBox then port it to Sony than I'm just going to buy a 720 so I will have the best port possible. I believe XBox is going to be the best system next gen.

My point is that if you bought a Wii U to play multiplat games then you're doing it wrong.

---
NNID: Threinfhir
#46blankempathyPosted 1/2/2013 2:16:35 PM
Dalkin posted...
Here. Let me put it into perspective.

This is what CURRENT top of the line graphics look like (The next Xbox/PS will be pushing to this level or past it):

http://www.cinemablend.com/images/gallery/s45670/Crysis_3_13449628462269.jpg

This is what Wii U looks like:

http://www.justpushstart.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/new-super-mario-bros-u-hd.jpg

In other words, expect Wii U to get left in the dust just like the Wii did. No one's downgrading their ports. Why? Because its a lot work to make their game look awful.

High end pc screen shot thats not even ingame vs a low resolution blurry screen shot. Nice non bias there.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#47leet_x1337Posted 1/2/2013 2:17:12 PM
Because TV resolutions are already going higher than 1080p, so consoles have to go that high as well to match them.

Oh, wait...
---
Now Playing: closed for business
Re-opening: After the Steam sale ends
#48DemonDog666Posted 1/2/2013 2:17:46 PM
Buretsu posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
Buretsu posted...
Because the PS4 and 720 are absolutely confirmed to be so much stronger than the Wii U.

They are absolutely confirmed to be able to play games ps3/360 can't and wiiU is about on par with ps3/360, it's simple math from there.

Source?

The fact that they are their successors is my source.
#49ThreinfhirPosted 1/2/2013 2:18:01 PM
GiantsRgoin2006 posted...
Silly troll, consumers don't buy Nintendo products for third party games.

---
NNID: Threinfhir
#50blankempathyPosted 1/2/2013 2:18:20 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
Buretsu posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
Buretsu posted...
Because the PS4 and 720 are absolutely confirmed to be so much stronger than the Wii U.

They are absolutely confirmed to be able to play games ps3/360 can't and wiiU is about on par with ps3/360, it's simple math from there.

Source?

The fact that they are their successors is my source.

smh
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler