WILL developers be willing to downgrade their products for the WiiU? I say no

#71DalkinPosted 1/2/2013 3:17:58 PM(edited)
"So why is your argument of the Wii U being on-par with the 360/PS3 if launch titles are what's important? Why are current PS3/360 games being used now and not their launch titles for comparison purposes?"

All I have right now to compare to 360 are Wii U launch titles.

I am TRYING to get across where we are CURRENT. You are ENTIRELY missing the point and your not even LOOKING at what I'm TRYING to get across because I dangled a shiny bauble in your face.

Its NOT a fair comparison to take 360 launch titles, compare them to Wii U launch titles and say: "Ha! There! You see?? Clearly they are the same/Wii U is better/360 is better!"

Because that's a lie.

But if you have a Wii U screen from the future...

"Well first off how about not posting a screen shot that looks more like concept art instead of actual gameplay?"

BUT ITS STILL A SCREEN SHOT OF ACTUAL GAME PLAY!!

Pray tell, what would you like for me to post then that is a screenshot that doesn't look like concept art.

... Except for art for C3 looks like paintings.
---
-This post is in no way shape or form a TOS violation-
#72Unbridled9Posted 1/2/2013 3:13:34 PM
NoJobBob posted...
Buretsu posted...
Because the PS4 and 720 are absolutely confirmed to be so much stronger than the Wii U.

Doesn't need to confirmed. Why are they going to release a new system that's just as powerful as their last one?

Actually, yes.

I should be a bit more specific. As of right now the graphical capabilities of the current gen are more than capable for all except for the most absolute of high-end games. Increasing the graphical capabilities won't add much more. Instead, what you'll likely end up seeing is an increase in accessories and the like. I won't be shocked one bit to find out that the 720 has a built-in Kinect or the PS4 has a built-in Move. The most likely additions will likely be in the amount of graphics that can be smoothly rendered (it's one thing to render one guy at top-notch graphics, but another to render twenty in a firefight) as well as some sort of visual or contextual accessory. Some sort of glasses-based HUD or screen for example (removing the need for a T.V. screen) will likely be in the near future. If not for launch than for later accessories.

This is a good thing for ALL consoles as video games do best when people don't have to spend small fortunes on graphics and rendering software and multiple years to complete an 'average' game. Go play Skyrim on max settings. Does it look like it really NEEDS graphical improvement instead of framerate improvement or greater control?

We will continue to see graphical improvements, yes, but that's not going to be the defining features of the upcoming generation. Especially with how well the Wii and DS have stood up despite 'inferior' hardware. The 360, PS3, and Vita have already tried to copy the technical aspects of what made them good. Do you REALLY think that they won't try that again?
---
If you love a person, it doesn't matter if they cheat.
If you love a person, you won't cheat.
#73darkjedilinkPosted 1/2/2013 3:15:01 PM
Dalkin posted...
darkjedilink posted...
Dalkin posted...
Here. Let me put it into perspective.

This is what CURRENT top of the line graphics look like (The next Xbox/PS will be pushing to this level or past it):

http://www.cinemablend.com/images/gallery/s45670/Crysis_3_13449628462269.jpg

This is what Wii U looks like:

http://www.justpushstart.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/new-super-mario-bros-u-hd.jpg

In other words, expect Wii U to get left in the dust just like the Wii did. No one's downgrading their ports. Why? Because its a lot work to make their game look awful.

A 6670 cannot pull off that first shot. As such, PS4/720 won't be pulling that off, since they'll be running 6670's.

As said previously, nice non-bias there.

lol, a 6670?

No, the 6670 cannot produce that. A 680 can.

Current man. Current. Do you know what that means? It means right now - not back in time during Q1 2011 as a budget GPU to address the low end market.

And still, my original argument flies over your head. It's so simple, but we're pretty bent on the fact that I posted what we can expect from the near future it seems.

Again, the PS4 and 720 are going to have a 6670. Bringing a 680 into it just proves you have no clue what you're talking about.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#74silverbulltPosted 1/2/2013 3:17:51 PM
darkjedilink posted...
Dalkin posted...
darkjedilink posted...
Dalkin posted...
Here. Let me put it into perspective.

This is what CURRENT top of the line graphics look like (The next Xbox/PS will be pushing to this level or past it):

http://www.cinemablend.com/images/gallery/s45670/Crysis_3_13449628462269.jpg

This is what Wii U looks like:

http://www.justpushstart.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/new-super-mario-bros-u-hd.jpg

In other words, expect Wii U to get left in the dust just like the Wii did. No one's downgrading their ports. Why? Because its a lot work to make their game look awful.

A 6670 cannot pull off that first shot. As such, PS4/720 won't be pulling that off, since they'll be running 6670's.

As said previously, nice non-bias there.

lol, a 6670?

No, the 6670 cannot produce that. A 680 can.

Current man. Current. Do you know what that means? It means right now - not back in time during Q1 2011 as a budget GPU to address the low end market.

And still, my original argument flies over your head. It's so simple, but we're pretty bent on the fact that I posted what we can expect from the near future it seems.

Again, the PS4 and 720 are going to have a 6670. Bringing a 680 into it just proves you have no clue what you're talking about.

Neither do you.
---
XBOX360 - It only does everything.
#75PrinceOfHotPosted 1/2/2013 3:18:06 PM
Haa. And with many major studios groaning about soaring production costs with technology, its just quite possible that the Wii U is the safer, more conservative platform.

Also the 720 is going to extremely horrible and controlling with its DRM systems and nickel and dime online service. PS4 will be godly, but my PC will still spank it. Shooooot! All play all of them (except for the horrible 720).
#76silverbulltPosted 1/2/2013 3:21:52 PM
PrinceOfHot posted...
Haa. And with many major studios groaning about soaring production costs with technology, its just quite possible that the Wii U is the safer, more conservative platform.

Also the 720 is going to extremely horrible and controlling with its DRM systems and nickel and dime online service. PS4 will be godly, but my PC will still spank it. Shooooot! All play all of them (except for the horrible 720).

One less child off XBL. No complaints by me.
---
#77blankempathyPosted 1/2/2013 3:32:39 PM
Dalkin posted...
"So why is your argument of the Wii U being on-par with the 360/PS3 if launch titles are what's important? Why are current PS3/360 games being used now and not their launch titles for comparison purposes?"

All I have right now to compare to 360 are Wii U launch titles.

I am TRYING to get across where we are CURRENT. You are ENTIRELY missing the point and your not even LOOKING at what I'm TRYING to get across because I dangled a shiny bauble in your face.

Its NOT a fair comparison to take 360 launch titles, compare them to Wii U launch titles and say: "Ha! There! You see?? Clearly they are the same/Wii U is better/360 is better!"

Because that's a lie.

But if you have a Wii U screen from the future...

"Well first off how about not posting a screen shot that looks more like concept art instead of actual gameplay?"

BUT ITS STILL A SCREEN SHOT OF ACTUAL GAME PLAY!!

Pray tell, what would you like for me to post then that is a screenshot that doesn't look like concept art.

... Except for art for C3 looks like paintings.

Sorry meant to say promotional art.
stuff like this.
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Crysis-3-Hunter-Mode-Turns-You-Invisible-Predators-45670.html

And again, You say this is how games on the next sony/ms console will look and if this game is capable of being ported to the 360/ps3 then obviously the wii u is capable of playing ps4/720 ports.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#78darkjedilinkPosted 1/2/2013 3:44:29 PM
silverbullt posted...
Neither do you.

Sounds like someone's mad that he'll be paying $500+ for something less graphically capable than Wii U.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#79silverbulltPosted 1/2/2013 3:51:56 PM
darkjedilink posted...
silverbullt posted...
Neither do you.

Sounds like someone's mad that he'll be paying $500+ for something less graphically capable than Wii U.

Sure, MS is gonna spend $300 on an array of LEDs decorating the front of the Xbox. We can pretend to have different colors for a non-existent X720 ROD
---
#80zfstarkPosted 1/2/2013 4:15:36 PM
I find it funny that people still believe that the important market is the 'serious' gamer market & graphical wonderland games and still consider the Wii as a failure. By all metrics as a business - sales and profits - Nintendo has out performed Sony and Microsoft by a good margin with the Wii and DS yet somehow this still makes them a loser. Nintendo will most likely reap profits once more with this system given both the nature of its design but also its economical cost & size - especially in a day & age where people don't have the disposable income compared to pre-2007.
---
This doesn't look like an accident...