WILL developers be willing to downgrade their products for the WiiU? I say no

#81IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/2/2013 5:16:19 PM
silverbullt posted...
Neither do you.

Sounds like someone's mad that he'll be paying $500+ for something less graphically capable than Wii U.

Quick! Someone sig this to make him feel bad in a year!
#82johnluke728Posted 1/2/2013 5:23:09 PM
Devs dumbed down their games to the extreme on the PS2. (I never played multiplats on the PS2, because they looked and played awful compared to the Gamecube or XBOX versions.) I don't think they'll be afraid to do that again if there's a chance they could profit from it. Some people just don't care about dirt slow 20FPS and muddy textures if they get to play the game.
---
http://shantaefanforums.tk/ <-- Huge fan of the Shantae games? Then you should check the first fan forum that's all about the belly-dancing half-genie!
#83darkjedilinkPosted 1/2/2013 5:25:02 PM
silverbullt posted...
darkjedilink posted...
silverbullt posted...
Neither do you.

Sounds like someone's mad that he'll be paying $500+ for something less graphically capable than Wii U.

Sure, MS is gonna spend $300 on an array of LEDs decorating the front of the Xbox. We can pretend to have different colors for a non-existent X720 ROD

wut
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#84IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/2/2013 5:27:09 PM
silverbullt posted...
Neither do you.

Quick! Someone sig this to make him feel bad in a year!

Alright, don't worry guys I screenshotted it.
#85PigfartsPosted 1/3/2013 7:13:38 AM
Dalkin posted...
Kenichi34 posted...
...Downgrade?

If the developers dedicate ACTUAL EFFORT they won't have to "downgrade" on anything. Hell, the Wii U has enough so that nothing outside of being lazy warrants downgrade.

Yes. Because the devs can magically squeeze water from stone, correct?

Yes, I saw this on a cartoon, they replaced the stone with a sponge. I think it was bugs bunny.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#86kaiserzero61Posted 1/3/2013 8:01:54 AM
thundercat2600 posted...
Now that that has been proven wrong, they're putting all their hope into PS4 and Xbox 720 barely being any powerful than PS3 and 360.

Carmack stated on twitter not too long ago that a lot of games on the next PS/MS consoles will still target 30 FPS.
They will be more powerful sure, but people need to give up on the hope that they will mop the floor with the previous consoles.
#87grandabxPosted 1/3/2013 8:28:36 AM
T_Tangg posted...
I bought most of my games on PS3. I owned a Xbox360 very late. I'm not doing the same thing next gen though. 720 all the way for me. Don't care for Sony exclusives anymore.

you must like only fps because there's nothing on 360 except halo, forza, gears and 3rd parties. that or everone you play with is there(paid for). exclusives are what sets a console apart from each other. if i get AAA exclusives, a few ports with problems are ok. besides, that was the ps3. sony has most-likely learned to make better developing software tool. don't throw all your eggs in one basket. that's what nintendrones did my brother.
#88xLittlekillxPosted 1/3/2013 9:07:28 AM
grandabx posted...
T_Tangg posted...
I bought most of my games on PS3. I owned a Xbox360 very late. I'm not doing the same thing next gen though. 720 all the way for me. Don't care for Sony exclusives anymore.

you must like only fps because there's nothing on 360 except halo, forza, gears and 3rd parties. that or everone you play with is there(paid for). exclusives are what sets a console apart from each other. if i get AAA exclusives, a few ports with problems are ok. besides, that was the ps3. sony has most-likely learned to make better developing software tool. don't throw all your eggs in one basket. that's what nintendrones did my brother.

The Sony exclusives are games that are critically acclaimed as being great with high budgets and all that, but really aren't all that fun to play. I agree with the 720 guy. Even with having to put up with advertisements that are still being shoved in your face after paying for online access, the xbox is still better than the ps3.
#89Rasputin77Posted 1/3/2013 9:18:17 AM
**Desperate mudslinging at the TC in a feeble attempt to avoid the points being made... but it's okay, because this is the internet, not a "real" conversation, and my mommy says I give good insight.**

Ahhhh... another fine day on GameFAQs!

DeathSoul2000 posted...
tl;dr.

Based on some other posts of yours I've read, I can now say with 100% certainty that my sig speaks the truth.
---
Fun game: Find a Wii U thread on GameFAQs where the word "troll" isn't typed by post #10. Good luck.
"TL;DR" = My parents; failed me.
#90xLittlekillxPosted 1/3/2013 9:22:55 AM
Rasputin77 posted...
**Desperate mudslinging at the TC in a feeble attempt to avoid the points being made... but it's okay, because this is the internet, not a "real" conversation, and my mommy says I give good insight.**

Ahhhh... another fine day on GameFAQs!

DeathSoul2000 posted...
tl;dr.

Based on some other posts of yours I've read, I can now say with 100% certainty that my sig speaks the truth.

tl;dr