What consoles have you purchased at launch?

#101Tsutarja495Posted 1/2/2013 10:07:08 PM
I'm changing one of them because the topic is about what we purchased ourselves, not just what we got at launch. The NES I didn't buy, that was my mom. Everything after that was me though, saving up allowances/birthdays/job earnings once I got a job/etc to get the new Nintendo systems every time they came out.
#102twinsfan19Posted 1/2/2013 10:13:42 PM(edited)
phineasfool posted...
twinsfan19 posted...
phineasfool posted...
GalvatronType_R posted...
None. Anyone who buys a console at launch is a moron.

Consoles usually don't hit their stride until it's a year or two old. By then, it's gone through at least one price cut and has major release games that take advantage of the hardware.

If people don't buy it at launch then developers won't support it and you people who decide to wait won't get those big games.

Just like no developers supported the PS3, and all those devs who supported the Wii...yeah...

I agree with Galvatron. Whoever pays full price for launch games (which aren't usually the system's best) is an idiot.

The PS3 was bought at launch by people. If no one buys it at launch then developers wouldn't support it. The Wii also got plenty of support. Just because you might not care for it doesn't mean it wasn't supported.

So you meant if literally nobody buys it at launch? Ok, I suppose if that nearly impossible scenario occurred then there might not be much support (nearly impossible, at least, for a major console launch from a major company). Still doesn't make a person's individual decision to buy on launch day a financially responsible one.

A vast majority of the top 20 (something like 17) Wii games in terms of sales are from Nintendo EAD. It is commonly known that the Wii has suffered from not having good 3rd party support. I hope the WiiU will be better.
---
Currently Playing: SC2, TF2, Tribes Ascend
#103curtycurtisPosted 1/2/2013 10:13:06 PM
Original Game Boy
SNES
Nintendo 64
Dreamcast
Game Boy Advance
PlayStation 2
GameCube
#104paralyzed21Posted 1/2/2013 10:14:38 PM
i would never purchase a console at launch
---
http://www.wearethepanicdivision.com | http://www.facebook.com/thepanicdivision
---
#105hydrocrushPosted 1/2/2013 10:16:08 PM
wii u
3ds
dsi
ds lite
ds
gamecube
gba sp
gba
nintendo 64
---
black 2 FC 3998 4354 0836
#106Dreamcast OtakuPosted 1/2/2013 10:18:25 PM
Dreamcast
GameCube
GBA
DS
Wii
Wii U
---
I <3 Shenmue
#107phineasfoolPosted 1/2/2013 10:21:48 PM
twinsfan19 posted...
phineasfool posted...
twinsfan19 posted...
phineasfool posted...
GalvatronType_R posted...
None. Anyone who buys a console at launch is a moron.

Consoles usually don't hit their stride until it's a year or two old. By then, it's gone through at least one price cut and has major release games that take advantage of the hardware.

If people don't buy it at launch then developers won't support it and you people who decide to wait won't get those big games.

Just like no developers supported the PS3, and all those devs who supported the Wii...yeah...

I agree with Galvatron. Whoever pays full price for launch games (which aren't usually the system's best) is an idiot.

The PS3 was bought at launch by people. If no one buys it at launch then developers wouldn't support it. The Wii also got plenty of support. Just because you might not care for it doesn't mean it wasn't supported.

So you meant if literally nobody buys it at launch? Ok, I suppose if that nearly impossible scenario occurred then there might not be much support (nearly impossible, at least, for a major console launch from a major company). Still doesn't make a person's individual decision to buy on launch day a financially responsible one.

A vast majority of the top 20 (something like 17) Wii games in terms of sales are from Nintendo EAD. It is commonly known that the Wii has suffered from not having good 3rd party support. I hope the WiiU will be better.

Yeah, that's more of what I'm saying. Galvatron said anyone that buys a system at launch is an idiot, but if it wasn't for early adopters there wouldn't be a system later on for the late adopters. Therefore the late adopters should thank the early adopters for keeping the system alive until they find it worth picking up.
---
PSN - phineasfool GT- phineasfool NNID - phineasfool
#108Reznik00Posted 1/2/2013 10:24:02 PM
Every Nintendo console - Including Virtual Boy
Sega Dreamcast

Everything else never had anything of interest at launch for me, so I waited.
---
Hello Misinformed Zombie Fodder!
#109GamerliciousPosted 1/2/2013 11:28:52 PM
The only launch day console's I've bought were

Gamecube
Gameboy Advance

and I still have both, in working condition.
---
i7 950 | Asus Sabertooth x58 | GTX 560 SLI | Corsair 6GB 1333 DDR3 | Vertex2 80GB | WD Caviar Black 500GB | Corsair 650W | W7 | Dell 24" | Razer Blackwidow
#110YeloazndevilPosted 1/2/2013 11:29:47 PM
none at all
---
GT: Yeloazndevil