What consoles have you purchased at launch?

#81lunchEATSyouPosted 1/2/2013 9:00:58 PM
Dreamcast
---
You think Soviet Russia jokes are exageration?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbBP_-sQRkk
#82SS3Goku8307Posted 1/2/2013 9:01:45 PM
GameCube
---
The hope of science is the perfection of the human race. The hope of theology is the salvation of a few and the damnation of almost everybody. - R. I.
#83Faceman_Posted 1/2/2013 9:18:03 PM
If you mean launch window then...

1. Wii U
2. PS3
3. Wii
4. Gamecube

Gamecube died after years of unyielding gameplay. I cried as I boxed it up and put it away in the closet. Upset as I was, there was a glimmer of (Super Mario) Sunshine. The Wii was only a few months away complete with Cube backwards compatibility.

After a good few years my Wii bricked... I assume from someone turning it off during an update. I was upset, but I was done with heartbreak. It was time to play God. I went to my local gamestop and bought a used Gamecube. I ripped it apart and stuffed its guts into my dead cube. It, to this day, plays like new. Nintendo will have to take care of the Wii so I can get all my data and VC games back though :/

I'm fairly certain the Wii U will be around for a very long time as well. Hell, my SNES and N64 are still running like new.

My PS3 has also seen MANY hours of gameplay and is as healthy as ever to this day.
#84Hawker44Posted 1/2/2013 9:19:15 PM
Wii U
Wii
GBA
PS2
Nintendo 64
#85phineasfoolPosted 1/2/2013 9:19:48 PM
GalvatronType_R posted...
None. Anyone who buys a console at launch is a moron.

Consoles usually don't hit their stride until it's a year or two old. By then, it's gone through at least one price cut and has major release games that take advantage of the hardware.

If people don't buy it at launch then developers won't support it and you people who decide to wait won't get those big games.
---
PSN - phineasfool GT- phineasfool NNID - phineasfool
#86twinsfan19Posted 1/2/2013 9:21:05 PM
phineasfool posted...

Consoles usually don't hit their stride until it's a year or two old. By then, it's gone through at least one price cut and has major release games that take advantage of the hardware.

If people don't buy it at launch then developers won't support it and you people who decide to wait won't get those big games.

Just like no developers supported the PS3, and all those devs who supported the Wii...yeah...

I agree with Galvatron. Whoever pays full price for launch games (which aren't usually the system's best) is an idiot.
---
Currently Playing: SC2, TF2, Tribes Ascend
#87phineasfoolPosted 1/2/2013 9:25:28 PM
twinsfan19 posted...
phineasfool posted...

Just like no developers supported the PS3, and all those devs who supported the Wii...yeah...

I agree with Galvatron. Whoever pays full price for launch games (which aren't usually the system's best) is an idiot.

The PS3 was bought at launch by people. If no one buys it at launch then developers wouldn't support it. The Wii also got plenty of support. Just because you might not care for it doesn't mean it wasn't supported.
---
PSN - phineasfool GT- phineasfool NNID - phineasfool
#88ProtoManEXE88Posted 1/2/2013 9:25:48 PM
Nintendo 3DS
Wii
Nintendo DS
GBA SP

Wii U I got maybe 3 weeks after launch.
PS3/360 about a year after launch each
Gamecube a year after launch
PS2 2 years after launch

Everything else is whatever.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#89RHFPosted 1/2/2013 9:26:54 PM
Wii U, Wii, and 3DS.

That's it
---
For great justice! And Fruit Pies! *Official #1 supporter for Hsien-ko*
#90ShadowSkill11Posted 1/2/2013 9:26:56 PM
Super Nintendo
Gameboy
Playstation 2
XBox 360
Playstation 3
Vita