It's sad that Nintendo is no longer king of gaming. Apple is

#71endoflevelbossPosted 1/3/2013 11:24:22 AM
Darth_Elusive posted...
endoflevelboss posted...
Darth_Elusive posted...
The iPhone 5 already got some impressive games. We start to see some quality games from long time console game publishers like Square Enix, Capcom, SNK plus lots games from smartphone game developers like Gameoft, Gamevil, Epic.

Every year the iPhone gets a more powerful update to the previous version. The game on the iPhone will get better at a faster rate than those on the 3DS. It won't be long before the iPhone and other smartphones capable of gaming decimate the handhelds such as 3DS and PS Vita.

In more than one occasion, Nintendo President Iwata was critical about the "cheap" games available on smart phones - the same kind of comment I saw someone posted on this thread. Iwata is worried about gaming on smart phone because he knows it is a real threat to an important part of Nintendo's business.

And he has very good reason to worry: The so-called casual games that helped Wii raise to number one in the console world, there are a lot of these types of games on iPhone. They are "cheap" fun game that people like.

All signs are pointing to the demise of 3DS and PS Vita

... Assuming there is no market for portable games that offer more than a casual, time waster experience anymore.

3DS will live on unaffected...

...Assuming iPhone doesn't have games that offer more than a casual, time waster experience
...Assuming traditional game developers won't put in more resources in IOS devices.
....Assuming your pre-teen cousin/nephew/niece/ whoever doesn't want a more sophisticated cell phone/portable game machine / portable internet browser/ video audio player/ mini computer than a mere handheld video game machine when they grow up

I never said 3DS will be unaffected. It is massively affected in comparison to the DS. That's because a significant proportion of gamers are satisfied with mobile phone games now. My point is simply that the demise of the 3DS that you describe won't happen whilst there is a market for games that offer more than mobile phone games (and the "more" is basically the complexity made possible by physical controls). Basically the casuals that Nintendo courted are largely lost but the gaming "hardcore" still exists.
#72squatch22Posted 1/3/2013 11:28:42 AM
Phange 2 posted...
Darth_Elusive posted...
endoflevelboss posted...
Darth_Elusive posted...
The iPhone 5 already got some impressive games. We start to see some quality games from long time console game publishers like Square Enix, Capcom, SNK plus lots games from smartphone game developers like Gameoft, Gamevil, Epic.

Every year the iPhone gets a more powerful update to the previous version. The game on the iPhone will get better at a faster rate than those on the 3DS. It won't be long before the iPhone and other smartphones capable of gaming decimate the handhelds such as 3DS and PS Vita.

In more than one occasion, Nintendo President Iwata was critical about the "cheap" games available on smart phones - the same kind of comment I saw someone posted on this thread. Iwata is worried about gaming on smart phone because he knows it is a real threat to an important part of Nintendo's business.

And he has very good reason to worry: The so-called casual games that helped Wii raise to number one in the console world, there are a lot of these types of games on iPhone. They are "cheap" fun game that people like.

... Assuming there is no market for portable games that offer more than a casual, time waster experience anymore.

...Assuming iPhone doesn't have games that offer more than a casual, time waster experience
...Assuming traditional game developers won't put in more resources in IOS devices.
....Assuming your pre-teen cousin/nephew/niece/ whoever doesn't want a more sophisticated cell phone/portable game machine / portable internet browser/ video audio player/ mini computer than a mere handheld video game machine when they grow up

Find me a 3DS game better than Bastion, which is 99 cents on the iOS store.

Any game that i think is better, u might not. Opinions...
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#73Sailor GoonPosted 1/3/2013 11:32:06 AM
Phange 2 posted...
Darth_Elusive posted...
endoflevelboss posted...
Darth_Elusive posted...

Kid Icarus, Mario, Resident Evil, Zelda to name a few
---
As told to me by Gamefaqs admin: They hire 17 year olds as moderators!
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#74squatch22Posted 1/3/2013 11:34:20 AM
Sailor Goon posted...
Phange 2 posted...

Kid Icarus, Mario, Resident Evil, Zelda to name a few

Did Goon just say something positive about a Nintendo product???? WOW
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#75Shadow_GanonPosted 1/3/2013 11:37:35 AM
iOS has no buttons; therefore, it doesn't matter.
---
Want gaming to stay alive? Don't support Apple.
Imagine playing Mario, GTA, or HALO with no physical buttons? EPIC FAIL
#76SuperShyGuy9000Posted 1/3/2013 11:40:58 AM
Apple cheated, they threw Nintendo's Exodia cards in the ocean, if the hadn't done that they'd never become King of Games.

But know Nintendo is searching for the Japanese God cards and will get a rematch.
#77Phange 2Posted 1/3/2013 11:43:16 AM
Shadow_Ganon posted...
iOS has no buttons; therefore, it doesn't matter.

http://www.icontrolpad.com/

sorry to burst your bubble
---
Bacon.
Playstation Network: Phange
#78Darth_ElusivePosted 1/3/2013 11:44:07 AM
endoflevelboss posted...

I never said 3DS will be unaffected. It is massively affected in comparison to the DS. That's because a significant proportion of gamers are satisfied with mobile phone games now. My point is simply that the demise of the 3DS that you describe won't happen whilst there is a market for games that offer more than mobile phone games (and the "more" is basically the complexity made possible by physical controls). Basically the casuals that Nintendo courted are largely lost but the gaming "hardcore" still exists.

... for now
Or, Nintendo would have to drop the price of its handhelds to maintain the market share. Oh, wait. I forgot they did it already, shortly after the 3DS was launched. That's a smart move Nin, to stay alive.
---
Look at my XBOX720 ===> i7 2600 @3.4Ghz | ATI 6850 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | Asus P8P67 LE
Now playing: Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Dead or Alive 5
#79maximumbarmagePosted 1/3/2013 11:49:44 AM
Nintendo don't even make good games anymore, they're nothing more than nostalgia peddlers at this point.

The pathetic mess that was Sticker Star sealed this for me tbh.
---
"Maybe it would be quicker to list the Wii U multiplatform titles that AREN'T vastly inferior ports..." - SimeonSays
#80TerotrousPosted 1/3/2013 1:11:49 PM
maximumbarmage posted...
Nintendo don't even make good games anymore, they're nothing more than nostalgia peddlers at this point.

The pathetic mess that was Sticker Star sealed this for me tbh.

It's kind of ironic that you accuse Nintendo of peddling nostalgia with a game that people didn't like solely because it changed too much from the previous games.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Die Hard"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery