Just got finished beating New Super Mario Bros. U

#1Vegeta1000Posted 1/3/2013 8:34:31 AM
It's a good game. I like how Nintendo actually tried with this one unlike that pathetic excuse for a Mario game on the 3DS. I still feel like something is missing. I was actually excited when I found out the game was having a world map. I loved the world map on SMW. However, after playing the game the world map has disappointed me a little. In SMW, there were lots of levels that had secret exist that led to different places on the world map. For instance, Donut Plains 1 had a secret exit that led to Donut Secret 1 that had a secret exit that led to Donut Secret House that had a secret exit that led to Star World. Each Star World level had a secret exit. NSMBU doesn't have any secret exits (none that I know of).

Also, I wish there as more newer power-ups. SMB3 had many new power-ups like the Super Leaf, Frog Suit, and Tanooki Suit. SMW had the cape and Yoshi which was prett much like a power-up. The only new suit is the acorn suit. Even the baby Yoshis came from SMW even though they have different abilities. Also, I like how they actually tried with the boss fights unlike NSMB2,. However, I'm tired of seeing the Koopalings all the time now. I wouldn't mind some new villains.

Overall, I'm satisfied with the game. i just wish that Nintendo would rely less on Nostalgia and try some newer ideas.
---
IT'S ME AUSTIN!!!!!
#2wobbuffet10Posted 1/3/2013 8:36:59 AM
I've seen so many people complain about the lack of secret exits in NSMBU, and it just blows my mind. Keep looking.
---
backloggery.com/melatonin
soundcloud.com/z-plan
#3DTY3Posted 1/3/2013 8:40:10 AM(edited)
NSMBU hhas TONS of secret exits. Idk what TC is smoking.

I guess the fact that you havent found a single one just shows how well they are hidden.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#4mcnichojPosted 1/3/2013 8:38:54 AM
Vegeta1000 posted...
NSMBU doesn't have any secret exits (none that I know of).
https://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/m/image/1346/36/1346363725641.png
You obviously didn't beat it if you didn't discover a single secret exit.

Also love the double standard of how you say you want it to be more like SMW but then say they relied on nostalgia too much.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner.
#5Rasputin77Posted 1/3/2013 8:40:25 AM
I beat it, and I was like: =)

Then a friend loaned me NSMBW, which I'd never played, and I was like: =D

Then I started seeing how similar the two are... and I was like: =/

Still going back for all the star coins... but just sayin'.
---
Fun game: Find a Wii U thread on GameFAQs where the word "troll" isn't typed by post #10. Good luck.
"TL;DR" = My parents; failed me.
#6Enigma149Posted 1/3/2013 8:41:55 AM
Rasputin77 posted...
I beat it, and I was like: =)

Then a friend loaned me NSMBW, which I'd never played, and I was like: =D

Then I started seeing how similar the two are... and I was like: =/

Still going back for all the star coins... but just sayin'.

I don't mean to criticize, but if you liked one game enough to go =) or =D, wouldn't it be reasonable to want another game extremely similar to it?
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; PSN: CrimsonEnigma (not currently in use)
'If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature' -squatch
#7Soanevalcke6Posted 1/3/2013 8:42:50 AM
Vegeta1000 posted...
pathetic excuse for a Mario game on the 3DS

I hope you are refering to New Super Mario Bros 2, because 3D Land is one of the Best 3D Mario games.
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6 // http://www.backloggery.com/soanevalcke6
#8Vegeta1000(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 8:44:48 AM
I just found a secret exist. I feel bad.

Also love the double standard of how you say you want it to be more like SMW but then say they relied on nostalgia too much.

Show me where I said I anted it to be more like SMW.

I hope you are refering to New Super Mario Bros 2, because 3D Land is one of the Best 3D Mario games.

NSMB2.
---
IT'S ME AUSTIN!!!!!
#9DTY3Posted 1/3/2013 8:46:17 AM
I think the only reason people actually think there are no secret exits is because the game didnt shout "HEY! SECRET EXIT HERE! HERES A KEY!" like SMW did.

THe alternate exits were actually alternate exits. Not just Keyholes.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#10GloryChaosPosted 1/3/2013 8:53:23 AM
Yeah, there are a bunc of alternate paths in this game.

I normally don't like Mario side scrollers much but this one was pretty good. I do wish that the koopalings would go away though, I also wish that Bowser didn't ruin my expectations of world 8.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png